You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

60% pay rise for farm workers, on top of above inflation pay rises for workers in construction and the service industry, who'd ave thunk it?

https://www.countryliving.com/uk/wildlife/farming/a36724667/british-farmers-help-fruit-picking-pay-more/

My heart bleeds for these rich landowners, rev up the planes.

That article says there will be shortages of fresh food, some producers will go bust and the cost of the increased wages will go through to prices in the supermarket  (hitting poorer people hardest).

I'm waving a flag and singing the OBON anthem just reading that.  Happy Independence Day.

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That article says there will be shortages of fresh food, some producers will go bust and the cost of the increased wages will go through to prices in the supermarket  (hitting poorer people hardest).

I'm waving a flag and singing the OBON anthem just reading that.  Happy Independence Day.

Low paid workers getting paid a fair shilling for their labour really seems to grate on you angry, at least the reality of low income employees receiving pay rises is finally hitting home with you and you're no longer in some strange state of denial.

The alternative you're proposing is the old tried and failed pay em low stack em high policy favoured by the greedy free enterprise mob. These workers have earned and deserve their large pay rise angry as have other low paid workers, good luck to them, about fucking time, i hope they enjoy the extra cash and pump the pay rise back into the local economy about fucking time.

As for supermarket price rises and food shortages, we'll see but I don't mind paying a little more if it results in low income employees receiving a decent wage. 

21 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Yes. The success of companies like Amazon, Sports Direct etc and the billionaire wealth of their owners has been built on the back of treating their employees like slaves. They could do this in the UK because of a ready supply of cheap labour from eastern europe . If Brexit means labour shortages amongst unskilled workers so that this exploitation has to stop then I am all for it. 

I can't find specific figures, but several Migration Observatory reports suggest that in 2019 EU workers accounted for about 8% of Storage & Distribution jobs. 

You may have to stop blaming the forrins and look elsewhere for the real cause of shitty pay and conditions. 

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Grow your own, good for the environment, good for you. I'd rather farm workers get a much deserved pay rise than load some posh twats plate with plentiful ammounts of cheep asparagus to be honest Angry. 

Finally, you come round to the idea that farmers deserve a living wage!

I love the way Gnash is so smug about predictions which haven't  (yet) come true. It's almost as if we didn't have decades of the right-wing media banging on about terrible things that the EU were about to do - none of which ever actually happened.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/the-eu-have-archived-all-of-the-euromyths-printed-in-uk-media-and-it-makes-for-some-disturbing-reading-108942/

18 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Low paid workers getting paid a fair shilling for their labour really seems to grate on you angry, 

This is where I stop reading.

Your wholesale swallowing of the ridiculous lie that removing workers' rights is good for workers makes you (and too many like you) a useful idiot for the bastards running this country. 

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I love the way Gnash is so smug about predictions which haven't  (yet) come true. It's almost as if we didn't have decades of the right-wing media banging on about terrible things that the EU were about to do - none of which ever actually happened.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/the-eu-have-archived-all-of-the-euromyths-printed-in-uk-media-and-it-makes-for-some-disturbing-reading-108942/

Most construction workers (appox 3 million) have already received an above inflation pay rise.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Your wholesale swallowing of the ridiculous lie that removing workers' rights is good for workers makes you (and too many like you) a useful idiot for the bastards running this country. 

The subject was farm workers getting a possible 60% pay rise angry, as are a lot of low paid workers, for some reason you're trying steer away from the possible pay rise for low paid workers.

https://www.countryliving.com/uk/wildlife/farming/a36724667/british-farmers-help-fruit-picking-pay-more/

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/a-simple-way-to-lure-staff-pay-them-more-b938371.html

21 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You'll hate this one Angry, sit down comfortably before reading the link, pre warning ; more of these dastardly pay rises, lorry drivers pay has increased 20%...

Just hope we can afford a punnet of Strawberries for Wimbledon..

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/fmcg-prices-and-promotions/hgv-driver-shortage-pressure-set-to-lead-to-higher-food-prices/656350.article

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Not on here it isn't, it's still early days. If this thread was WW2, we are probably just at the point of invading Poland, there's years of fighting ahead of us. 

To be fair, whilst you and your Gnasher account troll bump this thread there will be people to reply.

29 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

If the gammon cunts who love the UK and voted leave are so happy what the fuck is their excuse for the shit show in NI? 

The average Brit couldn't really give a fuck about NI. The DUP were given a fist full of money to shut them up over Brexit and unless the IRA start another bombing campaign in England no one really cares.

• Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The average Brit couldn't really give a fuck about NI. The DUP were given a fist full of money to shut them up over Brexit and unless the IRA start another bombing campaign in England no one really cares.

That isn’t what I asked. 

What’s your excuse? 

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I haven't got an excuse because I don't need an excuse as I really couldn't care less.

Hahahaha!

I always thought you were a rabid right-wing nutter. You've been trolling AoT about Michael Foot for the last 5 years like a good'un whereas you probably wank over your Thatcher portrait every evening.

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Hahahaha!

I always thought you were a rabid right-wing nutter. You've been trolling AoT about Michael Foot for the last 5 years like a good'un whereas you probably wank over your Thatcher portrait every evening.

Why does not being interested in NI politics make someone a right winger? 

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Exactly. You don’t give a shit. 

You’re just a trolling cunt.

I obviously don't want to see NI at war or the troubles to return but other than that I honestly don't know, I don't really like the sectarian nonsense to be honest and I have no allegiance either way, sorry.