You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Any hire planes to fly in Romanian workers during the first wave of a pandemic? 

I think the disdain you show for even the smallest increases to the lives of working class professions whilst simultaneously bending over backwards to defend and protect the profits of tory landowners shows how far the modern day Labour Party has strayed from its base. 

Rather see a construction site worker living on a council estate enjoy his overdue 10% pay rise to be honest than rich farmers making profit form modern day slavery 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-jobs-row-as-romanian-fruit-pickers-arrive-for-harvest-11974364

Jesus.

Have a Pot Noodle and a wank and treat yourself to a day off. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Well I’m more inclined to listen to you than the Daily Express becuase you normally talk a degree of sense. Let’s see if this disruption turns into food shortages as the more apocalyptic predictions are claiming. My wider point is you can’t blame everything bad that happens on Brexit. Covid had massively disrupted supply chains across the world but it will be a short term issue at worse. The markets will self correct eventually, they always do. 

The transition period was supposed to allow time for the markets to self correct.  Businesses to find new suppliers, new suppliers to start up and set up to fill in the new customs regulations. As it is…

14 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think it’s part of a general issue that the proponents of project Fear cannot bring themselves to admit they over played their hand. I was a Remainer and with hindsight I was wrong. We are thankfully out of the CAP (a massive £65 billion per year institutional theft by European landowners), trade with the EU is almost at the 2019 level and the wages of the working class at least seem to be going up now that the supply of cheap competition has been stopped. The predicted catastrophe hasn’t happened yet at least.  

Are you against flying in cheap labour?

Frost's performance in front of the parliamentary committee is jaw dropping. A staggering mix of arrogance, ignorance and it's my first day naivety. Who would have thought those scoundrels in the EU would want to implement a treaty he negotiated word for word? It's almost as if he and Boris didn't really have a clue what they were signing up for and had every intention to renege on it?

3 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Yes. The success of companies like Amazon, Sports Direct etc and the billionaire wealth of their owners has been built on the back of treating their employees like slaves. They could do this in the UK because of a ready supply of cheap labour from eastern europe . If Brexit means labour shortages amongst unskilled workers so that this exploitation has to stop then I am all for it. 

Apologies of I'm confusing you with someone else but weren't you happy to import meat form Australia to benefit the consumer?

24 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

People spreading alarm about imminent food shortages are one of the main causes of stockpiling which leads to actual food shortages which leads to more stockpiling etc. They then claim they were right all along. 

Hahahaha.

27 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

People spreading alarm about imminent food shortages are one of the main causes of stockpiling which leads to actual food shortages which leads to more stockpiling etc. They then claim they were right all along. 

Good luck stockpiling salad

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Apparently there is a global shortage of tinned Italian tomatoes caused by 3 years of poor harvests and a global shortage of steel post covid. Nothing to do with Brexit but no doubt people will claim it is. This is what you should be panic buying. 

We should be panic buying steel? 

32 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Yes but cows are different to people. 

But you where about the bottom line last week. Those Romanians were protected by EU and UK employment law. You need to decide if price is the number one priority or not. You can't move the goalposts to suit your position on certain issues.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

60% pay rise for farm workers, on top of above inflation pay rises for workers in onstruction and the service industry, who'd ave thunk it?

https://www.countryliving.com/uk/wildlife/farming/a36724667/british-farmers-help-fruit-picking-pay-more/

Obviously not read the rest of the report where it says it's unsustainable and prices will feed through to consumers. So people who already struggle to put fresh food on the table will be further forced to use foodbanks. But that's a good thing right.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Put this up a few pages ago, i bought one as a Christmas present for AoT but I might have to dig into myself soon..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-46814527

Happy Fifth Anniversary of the day the Referendum was won on the slogan "Obviously, it will be worse than now, but at least it won't be so bad that you'll need to stockpile."

60% pay rise for farm workers, on top of above inflation pay rises for workers in onstruction and the service industry, who'd ave thunk it?

https://www.countryliving.com/uk/wildlife/farming/a36724667/british-farmers-help-fruit-picking-pay-more/

My heart bleeds for the Tim Martins of the country..

https://www.ft.com/content/d3623481-432e-49b6-b9b3-e8af400bc1e8

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Happy Fifth Anniversary of the day the Referendum was won on the slogan "Obviously, it will be worse than now, but at least it won't be so bad that you'll need to stockpile."

Grow your own, good for the environment, good for you. I'd rather farm workers get a much deserved pay rise than load some posh twats plate with plentiful ammounts of cheep asparagus to be honest Angry. 

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

But is it really worse than before for workers in low paid industries Angry? 

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Grow your own, good for the environment, good for you. I'd rather farm workers get a much deserved pay rise than load some posh twats plate with plentiful ammounts of cheep asparagus to be honest Angry. 

How many potatoes can you grow in a window box?