You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

46 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It's catching up because Pfizer / BionTech upscaled the production massively. And Germany finally relented and included GPs in vaccination efforts. UK's rollout has been exemplary, a great mix of foresight, good organization, scientific excellence, luck, nationalistic selfishness and downright cuntery, so ideal point scoring exercise for a post-Brexit government. It proved that a concept of a selfish nation state has an advantage over supranational co-operation when it comes to disasters and wars. It is why the EU doesn't have an army and works best in normal peacetime situations which do not require quick decisions, procedural risks or inventiveness of approach.

Unfortunately, viruses don't give a fuck about national dick-swinging contests: a global pandemic is best attacked internationally. 

On 07/05/2021 at 14:20, Lario said:

There would've been tens of thousands of more voters if they hadn't fucked up the pandemic in the first place.

Getting a good vaccine program rolled out is a very poor second choice IMHO, and the very least the fuckers could do.

I'm Irish so obviously like the rest of the EU is about a month behind the UK in vaccine rollout and the reopening up of the economy and the Tories are riding that wave at the moment. 

However, 0.1% of Ireland's population died with/from Covid while almost double that (0.19%) died with/from Covid in the UK.

That 0.09% difference is about 60,000 dead people. 

I know the UK is more populous than Ireland but the cultures are similar re pubs, gatherings and work etc. 

How this isn't hit home consistently by journalists and opposition parties is beyond me. 

Labour think they have found fundemental problems with the small print in the Brexit de-coupling agreement which would significantly undermine the Freeport idea before it's even been launched fully...

Looks like in their haste to placate the masses they didn't read the fucking deal properly and now might not be able to get their headline policy off the ground.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Labour think they have found fundemental problems with the small print in the Brexit de-coupling agreement which would significantly undermine the Freeport idea before it's even been launched fully...

Looks like in their haste to placate the masses they didn't read the fucking deal properly and now might not be able to get their headline policy off the ground.

Here you go, it's now being reported.

https://www.business-live.co.uk/ports-logistics/labour-accuses-government-catastrophic-freeports-20562446

On 26/02/2021 at 11:06, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Keep swerving the point, Gnash. 

Brexit strips migrant workers of their rights.

Stripping workers of rights creates the ideal conditions for modern slavery. 

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/michel-barnier-calls-for-five-year-halt-to-immigration-across-europe-268949/

Angry angry angry, you old mate Micky stating what anyone with a pair of eyes knew fucking years ago.

EU expansion? It does what it says on the tin.

" people traffickers have become a major problem" 

https://www.cityam.com/michel-barnier-calls-for-halt-to-immigration-across-europe/amp/?utm_content=buffer4a87b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&__twitter_impression=true

Barnier calls for a halt of immigration for three years, flags up the massive problem of people traffickers. 

If he'd have taken this line a few years ago it's likely Britain would still be in the EU and we wouldn't be ruled by a majority tory government.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/michel-barnier-calls-for-five-year-halt-to-immigration-across-europe-268949/

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Never a dull moment with you, is it, Gnash? I did not think that your next move would be to align yourself with a conservative presidential candidate, desperately doubling down on the racist "Fortress Europe" shit in a bid to win votes.

To return to the point I keep making, as literally everybody who gives a shit about people trafficking and modern slavery will tell you, if you strip migrant workers of their rights, you make them more vulnerable and make life easier for the traffickers and slavers. Brexit strips migrant workers of their rights and that alone should make decent people want to oppose it.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Sad but true. 

It's not true, though. 

Inside the EU, he appears to be calling for a tightening of the Schengen freedoms; for example, leaving France with the kind of border controls the UK always had. 

"If the EU had suspended" any of the Four Freedoms, it would pretty much defeat the purpose of the whole endeavour.  In any case, I'm one of those soppy old tarts who thinks that increasing freedom for people is a good thing. 

33 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Never a dull moment with you, is it, Gnash? I did not think that your next move would be to align yourself with a conservative presidential candidate, desperately doubling down on the racist "Fortress Europe" shit in a bid to win votes.

To return to the point I keep making, as literally everybody who gives a shit about people trafficking and modern slavery will tell you, if you strip migrant workers of their rights, you make them more vulnerable and make life easier for the traffickers and slavers. Brexit strips migrant workers of their rights and that alone should make decent people want to oppose it.

Fuckinv hell angry you're accusing me, me of siding with EU buffers like Barnier? What you been doing for the past five or so years. 

One of us could see right through the whole good guy bluff of Vonn der Lyenn, the EU second in command extreme right wing latvian nut job and super silky ultra conservative Barnier and it wasn't you.

Anyway as I've said before, you mean we'll but you're wrong about these poor fuckers rights angry, they've got no fucking rights, nothing worth speaking of anyway, they're little more than a cheap commodity to be traded throughout Europe by wealthy employers and aided by right wing EU political leaders, politicians who when laid bare are nearly as ugly as the putrid bastards we have at home. Free movement? Even the ones who created this shit dump it when they need to answer to the people.

Yeah, OK.  You're right about Modern Slavery.  I'm wrong.  Unseen UK are wrong.  The Anti-Trafficking Monitoring Group are wrong. The Human Trafficking Foundation are wrong.  Literally everyone who works to tackle slavery and human trafficking is wrong.  But you're right.  Keep up the good work.

https://www.unseenuk.org/news/110

https://www.antislavery.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/ATMG-Brexit-paper.pdf

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-03/uk-risks-becoming-a-haven-for-trafficking-exploitation-post-brexit

https://news.trust.org/item/20201204122813-jyg76

10 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Fuckinv hell angry you're accusing me, me of siding with EU buffers like Barnier? What you been doing for the past five or so years. 

One of us could see right through the whole good guy bluff of Vonn der Lyenn, the EU second in command extreme right wing latvian nut job and super silky ultra conservative Barnier and it wasn't you.

Anyway as I've said before, you mean we'll but you're wrong about these poor fuckers rights angry, they've got no fucking rights, nothing worth speaking of anyway, they're little more than a cheap commodity to be traded throughout Europe by wealthy employers and aided by right wing EU political leaders, politicians who when laid bare are nearly as ugly as the putrid bastards we have at home. Free movement? Even the ones who created this shit dump it when they need to answer to the people.

When did I "side with" Barnier, von der Leyen or the Latvian whose name I don't even know?  You're the one obsessed with individuals: I'm more concerned with workers' rights.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yeah, OK.  You're right about Modern Slavery.  I'm wrong.  Unseen UK are wrong.  The Anti-Trafficking Monitoring Group are wrong. The Human Trafficking Foundation are wrong.  Literally everyone who works to tackle slavery and human trafficking is wrong.  But you're right.  Keep up the good work.

https://www.unseenuk.org/news/110

https://www.antislavery.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/ATMG-Brexit-paper.pdf

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-03/uk-risks-becoming-a-haven-for-trafficking-exploitation-post-brexit

https://news.trust.org/item/20201204122813-jyg76

I think you're missing your ex mate Barniers point Angry. EU expansion has caused problems, the influx of cheap Labour has caused problems, free movement has caused problems. It hasn't caused problems for the traders of people, on the contrary its been very profitable for them but it has caused problems for others, not least those being traded. EU expansion eh? Hows good ol Hungary doing for fucks sake?

20 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

When did I "side with" Barnier, von der Leyen or the Latvian whose name I don't even know?  You're the one obsessed with individuals: I'm more concerned with workers' rights.

Well they are at the very top of the EU tree so you know putting two and two together and all that..

Anyway here's Vonn der Leyenns number two. Ex Latvian prime minister who made such savage austerity cuts in his own country half the male population left. His austerity cuts (which stopped building regulations to save money) also led to the country's worst ever disaster after a new building collapsed which led to many many deaths. He was then stripped of office.

However one countrys loss means someone eles gain and weren't we the lucky ones when the EU saw his far right cost cutting talents and whisked him onto their top table. He's also the idiot who suggested a hard border for Northern Ireland a few months ago. 

They really are a lovely bunch of right wing free market lovers in Brussels. Almost as bad as our mob, not quite as bad but almost.

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2013/12/10/the-fall-of-the-latvian-government-after-the-riga-supermarket-tragedy-has-exposed-deep-divisions-in-the-countrys-political-system/

23 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I think you're missing your ex mate Barniers point Angry. EU expansion has caused problems, the influx of cheap Labour has caused problems, free movement has caused problems. It hasn't caused problems for the traders of people, on the contrary its been very profitable for them but it has caused problems for others, not least those being traded. EU expansion eh? Hows good ol Hungary doing for fucks sake?

Shove this "your mate" nonsense up your hoop. 

You keep bringing up the issue of modern slavery and people trafficking, but you refuse to seriously consider factors that make the problem worse or pay attention to the experts on the subject, because you don't really give a fuck.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You keep bringing up the issue of modern slavery and people trafficking, but you refuse to seriously consider factors that make the problem worse or pay attention to the experts on the subject, because you don't really give a fuck.

I certainly do give a fuck. 

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

"Shove your mate"

Well you're the one who's spent the past god knows how many years defending  the fucking hypocrite.

Just now, Gnasher said:

I certainly do give a fuck. 

Then take it seriously. Don't use it in a vain and misguided attempt to score points on a football forum.  Educate yourself.  Find out what the experts say on how to prevent it (most importantly, by protecting the rights of migrant workers) and take part in campaigns. 

36 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Then take it seriously. Don't use it in a vain and misguided attempt to score points on a football forum.  Educate yourself.  Find out what the experts say on how to prevent it (most importantly, by protecting the rights of migrant workers) and take part in campaigns. 

Take part in campaigns? Haha I think you need to educate yourself angry never mind me., start with John Smith's Labour manifesto. Wealthy landowners flying in low paid workers in planes during a pandemic for fucks sake, and where was the outrage from the modern day Labour Party? No wonder they're fucked.

"The EU policy on immigration is not working" 

"Traffickers are a major problem" 

Michael Barnier. 

https://www.cityam.com/michel-barnier-calls-for-halt-to-immigration-across-europe/amp/?utm_content=buffer4a87b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Gnasher

When EU supremo Michael Barnier had his road to Damascus moment (conveniently when he knew he would have to face the French voters) and complained eu immigration wasn't working and tracking is a hugh problem I imagine hes talking about situations like below in Britain yesterday. If so it's a bit rich as he's one of the main architects in eu policy which has resulted in an upsurge in people trafficking he now seems concerned about, why hasn't he mentioned it before? he's nothing but a fucking hypocrite.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-57060955