You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, Code said:

Where is that from, that is a spectacular fall?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/22/data-shows-collapse-of-uk-food-and-drink-exports-post-brexit?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

This is before the grace period ends and we go to the official policies which are a logistic & financial nightmare.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2021 at 16:53, Tj hooker said:

Get the violins out , if you live in Spain as part of the EU Then surely you can't be surprised when this happens can you 

IMG_20210327_154936.jpg

Hahaha!!!!!!! The stupid arrogant cunts. Also, they are immigrants. Ex-pats is what they call themselves to make themselves feel more elite. 

Here is the image from the below article. My heart bleeds for them.................. 

BRITONS-SPAIN.jpg

https://global247news.com/2021/03/26/tears-flow-for-brits-as-they-head-home-to-avoid-being-deported-as-illegals-in-spain/amp/

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chairman Meow said:

The entire concept of someone British who lives in another Europe country voting to leave Europe is a level of stupidity that I struggle to comprehend. The gene pool requires some serious cleaning. 

I heard an interview with Warren Gatling recently where he was describing the attitudes and beliefs of the 4 nations representing the lions. The way is described the English is why these guys could vote for this. They probably expected the EU to vote to join the UK when this was all done.

On 30/03/2021 at 19:01, Chairman Meow said:

The entire concept of someone British who lives in another Europe country voting to leave Europe is a level of stupidity that I struggle to comprehend. The gene pool requires some serious cleaning. 

I thought there was an agreement that those living in Europe at the time of the change could stay and vice versa? Or have I got that wrong.

7 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I thought there was an agreement that those living in Europe at the time of the change could stay and vice versa? Or have I got that wrong.

They have to apply for settled status and a number of them don’t want to do that as it comes with various responsibilities like committing to staying in the country for 183 days per year and paying tax there

I’m surprised how many people have been unprepared for this. I swapped my driving licence before the change because I was worried that if I didn’t then they might make me retake the driving test as seems to be happening to some people in France. I made sure my health and social security details were up-to-date and registered so I could continue to get healthcare if needed. I even changed my Amazon Prime account to Germany because obviously leaving the customs union would mean that I’d get stung for VAT and import fees if I stayed with Amazon UK- a detail that seemed to have eluded companies and the government in Britain. I feel really sorry for a number of small companies in the U.K. that I used to order from but can’t now - to give you an idea, a £200 order now has 27% VAT added to it, a £15 admin fee from the courier for dealing with customs forms plus an import fee from the Hungarian govt. All in all, what used to cost £200 now amounts to nearly £300

My national permanent residence card has just arrived so I’m confirmed as staying here now as long as I like. I just need to do the National ID card process when it opens to me in 2 weeks and then all the admin is complete. I’m thinking of taking dual citizenship in the next couple of years just to add an extra level of security to it

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PestiRed said:

They have to apply for settled status and a number of them don’t want to do that as it comes with various responsibilities like committing to staying in the country for 183 days per year and paying tax there

I’m surprised how many people have been unprepared for this. I swapped my driving licence before the change because I was worried that if I didn’t then they might make me retake the driving test as seems to be happening to some people in France. I made sure my health and social security details were up-to-date and registered so I could continue to get healthcare if needed. I even changed my Amazon Prime account to Germany because obviously leaving the customs union would mean that I’d get stung for VAT and import fees if I stayed with Amazon UK- a detail that seemed to have eluded companies and the government in Britain. I feel really sorry for a number of small companies in the U.K. that I used to order from but can’t now - to give you an idea, a £200 order now has 27% VAT added to it, a £15 admin fee from the courier for dealing with customs forms plus an import fee from the Hungarian govt. All in all, what used to cost £200 now amounts to nearly £300

My national permanent residence card has just arrived so I’m confirmed as staying here now as long as I like. I just need to do the National ID card process when it opens to me in 2 weeks and then all the admin is complete. I’m thinking of taking dual citizenship in the next couple of years just to add an extra level of security to it

Any new pronouns we need to be aware of, Pesta?

Yeah, Brexit pretty much ended ordering cheaper items from Amazon UK on the continent.

• Upvote 2

On 04/04/2021 at 10:59, AngryofTuebrook said:

23 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

They’ve factored it in and don’t give a shit. I bet they’ve even accounted for another mainland campaign and probably figured they could use it to increase the flag waving.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They’ve factored it in and don’t give a shit. I bet they’ve even accounted for another mainland campaign and probably figured they could use it to increase the flag waving.

The fact that’s something we could see them doing speaks volumes 

If anyone had suggested prior to the Referendum that Brexit could mean a return to violence in Northern Ireland, they would have been shouted down with the usual cries of "Project Fear"; after all, the leading Leave campaigners were saying that the UK wasn’t going to leave the Single Market, which means that the free movement that the Good Friday Agreement rests on would still be in place.

Lying cunts.

16 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It's the loyalists kicking off so I suppose gov.com doesn't see them striking on 'home soil', surely? They relied on the army and the police being on their side during he troubles and a domestic flare-up  would only alienate them further.

Last time I visited Norn Iron I go the feeling that the loyalists were an embattled group - all the signs were there: Union Jacks outside the houses and defiant slogans on their cars whilst everyone else (i.e the vast majority) just got on with their lives and enjoying post-GFA prosperity. A lot of people there seemed content to embrace their Irish-ness whereas the loyalists seemed like nasty neighbours. Tide is turning for them I think. 

• 3 weeks later...

New research shows  (as I thought the 2016 research showed) that the Leave vote wasn't driven by the disaffected poor.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/half-of-brexiteers-comfortably-well-off-not-left-behind-red-wall-voters-265503/

One depressing feature of that article is the prevalence of the bigotry and division promoted every day by the tax-dodging billionaires who own our shit rags. 

• Upvote 1