You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

The difference is when this government uses cheap/slave labour from abroad, which as you say will probably happen I will be just as offended as I have been of the use of cheap labour through the eu's exploitation of a vast workforce. I wont be turning the other cheek/ ignoring it/ pretending it doesn't happen etc. 

Have a rewind to the 1st lockdown when them poor Romanians were bundled into a chartered plane and flown into Britain during a pandemic to pick asparagus. Very little criticism was forthcoming.

Gansher have read up on the immigrants working on the world cup in Qatar. That is the direction the Tories are heading in, cheap labour won't be bundled on to a chartered plane, they will be coerced into travelling for work in the UK in similar ways to young sex workers are and they won't be paid enough to ever return home to Guatemala or Yemen. Passports will be held in a safe place for them, they will get rotten fruit for dinner and sleep in giant hostels. They will wank off to the thoughts of having the rights those Romanians had.

There is no probably about it, someone posted an article yesterday about Philippinos flown in to pick spuds. Wild guess, these weren't qualified doctors, begs the question how they got entry to country in the first place? Them guys Will probably be alright, conditions haven't been stripped back yet, that will happen when the sun is shining and nobody is paying attention. 

13 minutes ago, No2 said:

Gansher have read up on the immigrants working on the world cup in Qatar. That is the direction the Tories are heading in, cheap labour won't be bundled on to a chartered plane, they will be coerced into travelling for work in the UK in similar ways to young sex workers are and they won't be paid enough to ever return home to Guatemala or Yemen. Passports will be held in a safe place for them, they will get rotten fruit for dinner and sleep in giant hostels. They will wank off to the thoughts of having the rights those Romanians had.

There is no probably about it, someone posted an article yesterday about Philippinos flown in to pick spuds. Wild guess, these weren't qualified doctors, begs the question how they got entry to country in the first place? Them guys Will probably be alright, conditions haven't been stripped back yet, that will happen when the sun is shining and nobody is paying attention. 

I have read up on workers in Qatar, terrible approx two per day dying and many more injured. 

There are many eu sex workers working in the uk with no rights who have been enslaved into prostitution who cannot get home. Many east Europeans who thought they were going to be a maid or a nanny. Shocking. Happening right now.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

They had the right to travel and work in 28 countries; now they have the right to travel and work in 27.  They also have the right to walk out of the job.

Slaves don't have that ability.

You really believe they can simply 'walk out of a job?? Really?

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I have read up on workers in Qatar, terrible approx two per day dying and many more injured. 

There are many eu sex workers working in the uk with no rights who have been enslaved into prostitution who cannot get home. Many east Europeans who thought they were going to be a maid or a nanny. Shocking. Happening right now.

The EU sex workers are generally illegally moved and held. Its an offence.

What multiple people have tried to explain to you dozens of times is the scenario of 250 Guatemalan fruit pickers working 16 hours a day for a Tory landowner won't be illegal. They will no doubt have the same rights as some far flung territory the UK still rule. All above board and subsidised by tax payers. That is what your mates voted for.

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

They do have rights. If they go to the Police, they are entitled to protection and the slavers can be prosecuted. 

But...

Thanks to Brexit, there's a chance that they will be deported if they go to the Police. The victims of crime could be liable to a punishment if they report that crime. Brexit has made a bad situation worse.

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

The EU sex workers are generally illegally moved and held. Its an offence.

What multiple people have tried to explain to you dozens of times is the scenario of 250 Guatemalan fruit pickers working 16 hours a day for a Tory landowner won't be illegal. They will no doubt have the same rights as some far flung territory the UK still rule. All above board and subsidised by tax payers. That is what your mates voted for.

And what I've tried to explain to you dozens of times is eu laws are not worth the paper they are written on when it comes to low skilled manual workers. There is ample proof of that. 

As for tories coming the absolute cunt in the future? I dont doubt it. I'm not going to turn a blind eye and give a free pass to a house full of east European slaves because a house full of vietnamese will probably take their place.

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You really believe they can simply 'walk out of a job?? Really?

I never said it was easy: I said they had the right.

Slavery is a real thing and it's illegal. You keep blurring the lines of your argument by using the word "slavery" to describe things that aren't slavery: workers (such as migrant workers in agriculture) who are overworked and underpaid are no doubt exploited, but that alone doesn't make them slaves.

Slavery is a serious subject, so please take it seriously; that means being accurate in your terminology.

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

And what I've tried to explain to you dozens of times is eu laws are not worth the paper they are written on when it comes to low skilled manual workers. There is ample proof of that. 

Do you blame the EU for the failure of Member States to enforce laws?

27 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

They have the right to be protected by the Council, health authorities and the Police - as demonstrated by that article. 

They are not slaves. 

24 minutes ago, No2 said:

You haven't read that either have you?

Why did you say the word "either" then? Following others on the forum perhaps? Yes I've read it. I can give you plenty of other examples if you desire. Another mistake you've made is when you spout 'that's what you and your mates voted for"  A. I didn't vote for it. B. People dont vote for something in a referendum they vote against something. Same as governments, as the wiley old sage Harold Wilson once remarked " the public dont vote governments in they vote them out" he was correct. It's where Cameron went wrong, giving a binary choice for a complex subject, your train of thought is following the same path. 

Now have a good day I'm off to listen to my Vera Lynn records.

53 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Why did you say the word "either" then? Following others on the forum perhaps? Yes I've read it. I can give you plenty of other examples if you desire. Another mistake you've made is when you spout 'that's what you and your mates voted for"  A. I didn't vote for it. B. People dont vote for something in a referendum they vote against something. Same as governments, as the wiley old sage Harold Wilson once remarked " the public dont vote governments in they vote them out" he was correct. It's where Cameron went wrong, giving a binary choice for a complex subject, your train of thought is following the same path. 

Now have a good day I'm off to listen to my Vera Lynn records.

I said either because that article, like plenty of previous ones you posted didn't say anything like what you claimed it did. Unlike most on here I occasionally click on your links.

Secondly don't misquote me please. I didn't say you and your mates, I know you didn't vote for the one thing you never shut up about, hence the reason I said just your mates.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I never said it was easy: I said they had the right.

Slavery is a real thing and it's illegal. You keep blurring the lines of your argument by using the word "slavery" to describe things that aren't slavery: workers (such as migrant workers in agriculture) who are overworked and underpaid are no doubt exploited, but that alone doesn't make them slaves.

Slavery is a serious subject, so please take it seriously; that means being accurate in your terminology.

There are also many forms of slavery. Brian Ferry was famously a slave to love, whilst Grace Jones was enslaved by the rhythm.

• Upvote 3