You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Its rubbish. Look at the tory thread I've criticised our government as much as anyone whilst you have never rarely utter a single word of criticism towards the eu. Even over this debacle you give them a free pass.

You pretend to yourself there is nothing wrong in an unelected no mark from the eu to put a border through Ireland without telling it's people or elected governments. Your Brainwashed.

His brainwashed what? 

22 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You pretend to yourself there is nothing wrong in an unelected no mark from the eu to put a border through Ireland without telling it's people or elected governments. You're Brainwashed.

Funny seeing as thats exactly what Britain did to Ireland. 

• Upvote 2

She's just thrown an understudy under the bus, she got a bit of history for doing this.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-01/von-der-leyen-blames-eu-trade-chief-for-vaccine-export-gaffe?srnd=premium-europe

The finance minister she has blamed for trying to re erect the northern Irish border is the former centre right Latvian prime minister who before going into politics worked in a central bank. When he became Latvian prime minister he undertook an austerity policy which slashed public spending and pensions. He was forced to resign after a public building collapsed killing 52 citizens.  His hobby is sailing.

These cunts really should fuck off and resign, they won't but they should.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

The finance minister she has blamed for trying to re erect the northern Irish border is the former centre right Latvian prime minister who before going into politics worked in a central bank. When he became Latvian prime minister he undertook an austerity policy which slashed public spending and pensions. He was forced to resign after a public building collapsed killing 52 citizens.  His hobby is sailing.

These cunts really should fuck off and resign, they won't but they should.

Hahahaha what the fuck has that got to do with anything? 

6 hours ago, Gnasher said:

You would thing she'd make an apology to the people of Northern Ireland and Europe and say shes working night and day to iron out vaccination problems  but Oh no, she's got more important things on her mind. Like playing the big political world leader for the gantry below.The fact she was a candidate of one in her own election has obviously flown over her head.

Not defending the EU or von der Leyen, but I hate shit like this. (Corbyn used to get this shit all the time.)

Just because a politician should be sorting out one issue, it doesn't mean that they have to turn a blind eye to every other aspect of their job.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Its rubbish. Look at the tory thread I've criticised our government as much as anyone 

I never mentioned the UK Government: I said you give the Spanish and French governments a free pass. 

Have a look at how many times on this thread you slag off the EU over Catalonia.  Then have a look at your three posts on the Catalonia thread - two of which are slagging off Stronts and the third of which is saying that Leave would win a second referendum: not one word of criticism for Rajoy and his Government. 

18 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Not defending the EU or von der Leyen, but I hate shit like this. (Corbyn used to get this shit all the time.)

Just because a politician should be sorting out one issue, it doesn't mean that they have to turn a blind eye to every other aspect of their job.

"Not defending the the eu" 

Ha  ha ha fucking ha. 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

tumblr_nylk3xqHV81u56hk8o1_500.gif

No, he felt so strongly about it that he didn't bother and now spends his days saying he didn't want it 'like this', but still hates the EU, but has no answers when questioned about what he'd replace it with, or any understanding of the social, economic or intellectual damage it could possibly do.

In short he's a rambling, incoherent idiot and I don't know why people bother to waste time with him. It's devoid of logic, it's based on nothing more than a half baked understanding of ideas that were lost to the wind years ago, there's no comprehension, when pulled up and shown to be wrong, again, he slopes off only to reappear later spouting the same wonky, half truth bullshit like clockwork.

Absolutely fucking pointless and that’s me putting it nicely.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

This is why the idiot who is being blamed for trying to relive the northern Ireland good ol days had to resign as prime minister of Latvia for. .

In the world of banking and austerity building checks get pushed to one side..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25148782

Are you implying that the British government are not corrupt shady cunts? Do you know how many tories and tory donors have made fucking millions over Brexit? 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

These people should not be allowed to make massively important decisions which affect the people of northern Ireland on little more than a whim. 

I had highlighted the bit were you put "His hobby is sailing" 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Are you implying that the British government are not corrupt shady cunts? Do you know how many tories and tory donors have made fucking millions over Brexit? 

I had highlighted the bit were you put "His hobby is sailing" 

Your top comment I agree 100%. But it's not a binary choice of which is the biggest cunt out of the two. You CAN and I do disagree with both If it was a choice of who was worse out of the two of course our government would win hands down. Also you think people inside the eu havnt or dont made shady money? Have a quick read up on our former glorious president, she makes Jacob Rees Mogg look like a 19th century chimney sweep.

Your second comment I misread sorry 

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No, he felt so strongly about it that he didn't bother and now spends his days saying he didn't want it 'like this', but still hates the EU, but has no answers when questioned about what he'd replace it with, or any understanding of the social, economic or intellectual damage it could possibly do.

In short he's a rambling, incoherent idiot and I don't know why people bother to waste time with him. It's devoid of logic, it's based on nothing more than a half baked understanding of ideas that were lost to the wind years ago, there's no comprehension, when pulled up and shown to be wrong, again, he slopes off only to reappear later spouting the same wonky, half truth bullshit like clockwork.

Absolutely fucking pointless and that’s me putting it nicely.

Do one Skippy you dense as fog bowl of mush.

Another major problem these fools have caused with this mess is it gives the tories a green light to invoke article 16 any time they like in the future with little recrimination. The Conservatives like Gove and Mogg must have thought Bingo. 

Unless the president and a few of her lackeys resign over thinking they can impose a border without consultation with the Irish people the Tories can in future do the same. That's why for peace and stability of Ireland they should fall on their sword. The issue is more important than them so they should go.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Erm...but she's a cunt ..

"only the Pope is infallible" says the spokesperson for the eu president. 

Oh no, not the fucking pope.  I know this fella is  trying to say were all human which is fair point but lesson one when dealing with a country that's been through a 30 year sectarian war is DO NOT MENTION THE FUCKING POPE. It's almost like Basil Faulty farce situation of dont mention the war. 

As a completely true take on terrorist violence, Von der Leyen was once targeted by the German terror group Barder Meinoff (remember them) as a possible kidnap victim so her family gave the young aristocrat a new identity and sent her to live in London for a year. She apparently loved London and named one of her horses Cockney.

On the above "only the pope is infallible" catholic leaders have now pointed out its technically wrong. The pope is indeed infallible on certain issues but only God is completely infallible according to christianity.

You learn something every day. Ah well cant be to critical, he meant well.