You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Is Gnash at it again?

What are you, in your 50s or 60s and you're acting like a child on an internet forum imagining something someone hasn't said?

In thread that should probably be locked now?

Bizarre.

Should be locked?  Ive just had a little scroll throughout and your on almost every fucking page ya big daft hypocrite.

As for your "imagining something" go on what exactly have I imagined here?

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Should be locked?  Ive just had a little scroll threw and your on almost every fucking page ya big daft hypocrite.

As for your "imagining something" go on what exactly have I imagined here?

It'll stop me winding myself up and it'll stop you winding me up. It's a win-win.

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

It'll stop me winding myself up and it'll stop you winding me up. It's a win-win.

Ok no worries,  it could be worse. Dont wind yourself up it's not worth it. At least its resolved.

They could kick us out of the Eurovision song contest, then we're fucked.

11 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I was originally a remainer but I think this vaccine farce could be the beginning of the end of the EU. It is reasonable to assume that 1000's of people across Europe will die becuase of delays in the vaccine roll out caused by EU bureaucracy and incompetency. The Dutch have only vaccinated 1 in 100 people compared to 11 in 100 here. The germans are at about 2 per 100. If this situation was reversed, imagine the reaction here as our people die whilst Europeans are saved. I think the EU may be over in a couple of years because of this. 

In defence they resolved the dangerous northern island border calamity quickly although heads should role. Peace in Ireland is too big an issue to make knee jerk policy decisions. The eu have started behaving like us and that's not good.

I agree with you on the eu handling of the vaccine, it's a major fuck up but they do tend to make them on big issues. 

The eu is still popular in most countries so they should be ok for the foreseeable future imo. I don't think they are as reckless in gambling on their own economy as we seem to be.

8 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The big risk to the EU is that Brexit is a success. It’s very early days but the dire predictions of project Fear seem ridiculous now. There is fresh food in the shops, medicines at the chemists, no lorry queues at the border and the £ is up against the euro to an 8 month high. Despite the pandemic, trade is carrying on and the vaccine crisis has revealed how bureaucratic and incompetent the EU can be. I don’t think it will last another 5 years. 

That’s a bit of a rosey assessment, we’re only a month into it. Looks like there are going to be plenty of bumps ahead, and that’s before we even factor in travelling to Europe from the UK (thank fuck I qualify for an Irish passport).

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I was originally a remainer but I think this vaccine farce could be the beginning of the end of the EU. It is reasonable to assume that 1000's of people across Europe will die becuase of delays in the vaccine roll out caused by EU bureaucracy and incompetency. The Dutch have only vaccinated 1 in 100 people compared to 11 in 100 here. The germans are at about 2 per 100. If this situation was reversed, imagine the reaction here as our people die whilst Europeans are saved. I think the EU may be over in a couple of years because of this. 

And yet we have the highest death rate in the world...

Looks like their gunning for Ursula von der Leyen for this but the idea that the EU will collapse is for the birds. 

Farage danger wank fantasies 

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Missed what happened yesterday so only just catching up. To conclude:

1. The EU did something a bit silly.

2. The EU were heavily criticised.

3. The EU considered that and changed their position.

Good to see governance that shows the type of humility we so often see from our own government, with whom Gnash is so much in love...

Ha!  Another EU-loving neoliberal shrill whitewashing and erm something.  BOOOO!

6 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Angry to the eu rescue frantically throwing tins of whitewash all over the place.. "a tale told by an idiot" Haha, er ok.

They put out a statement which would have meant a hard border, they have  once again fucked up under pressure.  They are almost as politically useless as us (well now I'm stretching it). This painted persona of aptitude has been set on fire. 

You've had the DUP, Sinn Fein, Dublin, Tory party, Labour party and the Archbishop of Canterbury calling the EU out on this whilst good ol Angry does his Leslie Neilson naked gun nothing to see here impersonation.

So, go on then, what is there to see here, beyond someone at the EU fucking up and someone at the EU quickly putting it right?

What's the long-term damage to peace in Ireland?

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The range of commentators Gnash is finding common cause with is really quite impressive.  Sharing a snarky joke from one of Murdoch's political editors?  Yeah, why not?

Oh come on Angry let's not downplay this it's the main story throughout Europe and rightly so. 

Almost every political commentator across every divide has pretty much heavily criticised the eu on this. It's no point throwing tubs of whitewash everywhere it had serious implications for the Irish border, both Sinn Fein and the DUP condemned it..

46 minutes ago, mattyq said:

And yet we have the highest death rate in the world...

Looks like their gunning for Ursula von der Leyen for this but the idea that the EU will collapse is for the birds. 

Farage danger wank fantasies 

She should go, and a few of her team should go with her. If she stays then it gives carte blanche for the tories to pull the same stunt without recriminations. As you hint they must be licking their lips, but it's the whole political spectrum who see ths seriousness of this blunder. 

49 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Oh come on Angry let's not downplay this it's the main story throughout Europe and rightly so. 

Almost every political commentator across every divide has pretty much heavily criticised the eu on this. It's no point throwing tubs of whitewash everywhere it had serious implications for the Irish border, both Sinn Fein and the DUP condemned it..

And the EU also admitted it had fucked up and then decided to reverse the decision. 

Will you at least admit that that happened?

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

How so?

Actions should have consequences. She is accountable for this mess, the buck stops with her, it's hard to believe she was in the dark over an action/threat of this magnitude and if she wasnt she should have been.

Her organisation tried putting a barrier between Ireland without bothering to tell the North or the South

If the tories break the agreement in future itll be hard to put their feet to the coals if this goes unpunished. Shes a right wing autocrat anyway, plus shes fuvking useless. Good riddance 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Actions should have consequences. She is accountable for this mess, the buck stops with her, it's hard to believe she was in the dark over an action/threat of this magnitude and if she wasnt she should have been.

If the tories break the agreement in future itll be hard to put their feet to the coals if this goes unpunished. Shes a right wing autocrat anyway, plus shes fuvking useless. Good riddance 

Yes, actions should have consequences.  Maybe she should resign, maybe not. (Politicians resigning because they fucked up seems to be a thing of the past, sadly.)

I just don't see how any decision on her future is going to sway anything the Tories do: every member of the Cabinet has already got a shitload of resignation offences on their CV and those fuckers are going nowhere. 

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Hold my hand up here, I was well into the 'gravy train corruption ' dismay when Kate Bingham was given the vaccine tsar gig , but fair do's it would appear she has played a blinder

Me, too, and it looks like she's actually been very good

I think its way too early to decide whether leaving will be good or a disaster. I voted leave but regret it, my reason was that I think the EU will implode at some point and the UK would be better off watching on the side lines. As I said, I have re-thought and realise I made a mistake (I have form for making mistakes).

I hope it works well obviously but will perhaps look in to getting an Irish passport

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think anybody who voted leave should be banned from any kind of dual passport.

I'm only considering it so I can go straight through at airports whilst the Mrs has to queue. You wouldnt begrudge me that would you?