You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Will the entire Green parliamentary party be voting against it or just her?

My point is this: it’s easy to vote that way when you’re voting as an MP who is part of a strong remain area. I personally don’t think Labour should co-author this shit but I can see why they have. Spending the next 4 years being called the anti-British party who voted against the will of the people isn’t particularly enticing. 

2 minutes ago, Numero said:

Will the entire Green parliamentary party be voting against it or just her?

My point is this: it’s easy to vote that way when you’re voting as an MP who is part of a strong remain area. I personally don’t think Labour should co-author this shit but I can see why they have. Spending the next 4 years being called the anti-British party who voted against the will of the people isn’t particularly enticing. 

Absolutely agree with that.  (He Who Shall Not Be Named has also come out strongly against the deal, but he's sitting as an independent, so it's easy for him, too.)

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Absolutely agree with that.  (He Who Shall Not Be Named has also come out strongly against the deal, but he's sitting as an independent, so it's easy for him, too.)

I’m against the ‘deal’, but the other option is ‘no deal’ and that’s worse. Can’t believe Corbyn voted for no deal*

*Obviously he didn’t, but that’s what it would have been span as. 

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Read an interesting thread on Twitter earlier, but couldn’t find it again. The guy suggested Starmer should have unequivocally made it clear that he accepted the referendum result but got Labour to abstain on the basis it’s a shit deal. Then he could have spent three years hammering the Gov’t for any and all fuckfests that result from Brexit. Not so easy to do now. Time will tell if it is a misstep.

I think this would have been the most astute idea, but then he would have been labelled captain indecision 'what do you actually stand for?' It's easy to point out flaws in all of the stances. 

I have an awful feeling we'll be talking about this for years, it's bullshit.

Damned if you do etc.