You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

All I know is I've got a canoe full of beaver pelts, and once the ice melts (and you re-establish the Empire) I'll be paddling across the country to get them to you toot suite.

(Can you imagine those crazy bastards actually transported pelts 2000 miles across Canada by canoe to then ship them across the Atlantic to England to make hats?)

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

He's not the enemy. He's just shit. And uninspiring. And acting like a Brexiteer. 

I can't keep up. Corbyn was a Brexiteer wasn't he? And voting against the deal wouldn't have stopped it. How's it possibly within the confines of quantum mechanics that Starmer comes out of this with shit on his shoes? Amazing stuff.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The fact you made it about Corbyn, though his name wasn't mentioned proves otherwise.

But, keep on truckin' brother, keep on truckin'

I made it about several MPs. It was your good self who narrowed it down to just Corbyn. 

I was just highlighting the hypocrisy. The absolute bile that has been trotted out about other MPs on here, for years, and then you get idiots getting uppity because of one or two fairly mundane criticisms about their cult leader. 

It's truly hilarious. 

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I made it about several MPs. It was your good self who narrowed it down to just Corbyn. 

I was just highlighting the hypocrisy. The absolute bile that has been trotted out about other MPs on here, for years, and then you get idiots getting uppity because of one or two fairly mundane criticisms about their cult leader. 

It's truly hilarious. 

Genuine question, are you even old enough to vote, because you really do come across as a monster addled fifteen year old who read the first page of the communist manifesto and assumed you knew enough.

What fucking hypocrisy, it’s a discussion, remember them where people talk about their views, try to defend them against criticism and listen to the views and arguments of other and not this binary, all or nothing, partisan fucking nonsense that you’re spouting?

It was a good time, I remember it fondly.

Read an interesting thread on Twitter earlier, but couldn’t find it again. The guy suggested Starmer should have unequivocally made it clear that he accepted the referendum result but got Labour to abstain on the basis it’s a shit deal. Then he could have spent three years hammering the Gov’t for any and all fuckfests that result from Brexit. Not so easy to do now. Time will tell if it is a misstep.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Genuine question, are you even old enough to vote, because you really do come across as a monster addled fifteen year old who read the first page of the communist manifesto and assumed you knew enough.

What fucking hypocrisy, it’s a discussion, remember them where people talk about their views, try to defend them against criticism and listen to the views and arguments of other and not this binary, all or nothing, partisan fucking nonsense that you’re spouting?

It was a good time, I remember it fondly.

How is it partisan to say that I find Starmer dull and uninspiring? 

You're talking shite. Fuck off. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

How is it partisan to say that I find Starmer dull and uninspiring? 

You're talking shite. Fuck off. 

Brexiteer? 

You select what you want sweet pea, it’s all pathetic, puerile, blinkered, reductionist bullshit and if you had one iota of wherewithal you'd understand that.

Now fuck off and come back when you can see colours and not just shades of grey, you pathetic, myopic, stunted little idiot.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Read an interesting thread on Twitter earlier, but couldn’t find it again. The guy suggested Starmer should have unequivocally made it clear that he accepted the referendum result but got Labour to abstain on the basis it’s a shit deal. Then he could have spent three years hammering the Gov’t for any and all fuckfests that result from Brexit. Not so easy to do now. Time will tell if it is a misstep.

It's a real "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for Starmer. If he'd voted against it, he would have been portrayed as just another one of the political elite trying to frustrate the will of the people; if he'd abstained he would have been portrayed as weak and unprincipled (just as Corbyn was, when he said he wouldn't campaign for either side in a confirmatory referendum); and now he's voted for it, every criticism of the shitty consequences of the deal will be shouted down with "you supported it".

• Upvote 1