You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

On 11/12/2020 at 12:13, Numero said:

When looking up Owen Jones YouTube subscriber numbers this morning, it came up with a list of videos. I just went back to that tab and there was this video which reminded me of that w

discussion the other day about his article regarding remainers being at fault. Starmer seemed pretty clear three years ago about how it needs to be accepted and we need to focus on shaping Brexit. interesting if anybody can stand listening to this hyper-right wing madman for a few minutes. 

@MegadriveMan

Sorry, it was this thread not the Starmer thread. It’s from the start but the part I was talking about was around 1m50s. 

5 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Yeah published in June 2017. I think they were all saying it around this time, but then moved towards the 2nd referendum idea in 2019. 

I think it was pretty clear from what he said (it’s a matter of principle, not vote winning, we need to accept the result and that we can have all the things we want in a deal) that it was a political policy my he was pushing. When you said about him and others pulling Corbyn, it doesn’t seem that way. That’s why I asked for something that showed him being the one doing the convincing as it goes against that. 

You said that Corbyn didn’t want to do it but was swayed by Starmer. I’ve not seen anything that shows that. Only his original views. 

Got to love how France, and particularly Macron (who's a total power-hungry bellend), have their hand on the throttle for almost all of our ability to trade with the EU now. 

What fucking retards thought this was going to work?  What utter amoebas thought there was a solid plan for this?

Idiots. Fucking idiots. It's your fault. You stupid cunts.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Numero said:

I think it was pretty clear from what he said (it’s a matter of principle, not vote winning, we need to accept the result and that we can have all the things we want in a deal) that it was a political policy my he was pushing. When you said about him and others pulling Corbyn, it doesn’t seem that way. That’s why I asked for something that showed him being the one doing the convincing as it goes against that. 

You said that Corbyn didn’t want to do it but was swayed by Starmer. I’ve not seen anything that shows that. Only his original views. 

To be fair I think its irrelevant who was leading whom, I cant see logic in the criticism over Labours brexit strategy and I dont recall any policy differences between Corbyn and Starmer through the process. It was always a case of being between the devil and the deep blue sea whichever course they took. I've always thought the Corbyn/Starmer strategy on brexit was fair and  just, It was imo coherent and well thought out and would have been palatable to most bar the extreme right. I would presume if Labour would have been the largest party at the last election (I know chuckle chuckle) Starmer would have led our exit team and I would have been confident he could have got a deal that didnt hurt Britain to any great degree whilst maintaining good working relationships with the eu, but when the election was forced that was the end of that so now we're pretty much fucked. Oh well.

In hindsight they could have spelled out a different version of Brexit and not talked about another vote. Even then though I think there were enough gullible voters who would have been taken in by the 3-word campaign slogans for the Tories to win and for us to be in the same situation now. You can see this with them still polling on the high 30s whilst the incompetence of Boris is taking us from one lockdown to another as there's no control over the virus situation.

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Apparently a deal may be announced tomorrow. Only technical issues around fishing remain unresolved and these are more legal drafting than fundamental points. I think that coincidental blockade by our old friends the French may have lubricated the discussion somewhat.  Could be a good end to a shit year. 

Wouldn't surprise me as have posted a few times . Today has been largely free from arsehole Tory cunts posturing and telling porkies . The grown up's must have been told to wrap it up before Xmas

Oi Angry!! As its Christmas I decided to put aside my dislike of your slavish devotion to all things blue with yellow stars and do you and yours a little favour for the season of giving. I've been around every supermarket in Tubrook to check out which store has shortages because of your beloved garlic eaters. I wouldn't want your better half making an unnecessary journey to get you your Christmas Brussels sprouts so here goes..

Tesco.. Shortages of dairy products.

Sainsbury's. Shortages of citrus fruits.

Aldi. Shortages of green vegetables.

Lidl. Shortages of diving suits and welding sets.

Have a good one Angry. Have a good one all.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Oi Angry!! As its Christmas I decided to put aside my dislike of your slavish devotion to all things blue with yellow stars and do you and yours a little favour for the season of giving. I've been around every supermarket in Tubrook to check out which store has shortages because of your beloved garlic eaters. I wouldn't want your better half making an unnecessary journey to get you your Christmas Brussels sprouts so here goes..

Bit racist? 

15 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Where are the Tesco, Sainsbury's, Ald'si and Lidl's in Tuebrook? 

There's a Co-op. And that's it. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Guido Fawkes spinning it as a win for the UK already whilst not having read the 2000 page legal text. You just know it's going to be a shit heap.

It's already been debunked, they've redacted the bits that state the opposite in a lot of cases!

Spivs.

The undrlined bits are removed from the one doing the rounds.

Ep_eGiBXYAATHgi?format=jpg&name=small