You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, agreed. Although really I was just referring to whether they make a deal with Europe or not. 

The EU seem to have made it fairly clearly that a deal can be done, and we're simply left with sorting out what to do with haddock. (1) So the rabble rousing from de Pfeffel et al is to what end at the moment? (2) What degree of disaster capitalism do they think will wash? They've built the idea of no deal as some great patriotic act of deviance but it'll become clear enough even to a large number of the utter cretins that currently buy in to the idea that it'll be disastrous on all almost every single level. 

(3) I guess what I'm curious about is the depths of stupidity in the population but also whether or not there is anything else to this current crop of politicians beyond reverse Robin Hood stuff. Cameron, as Danny Dyer so eloquently put it, has his trotters up in France. Without a care in the world. (4) Johnson strikes me as someone who has interest in legacy. This can help, because it can at least limit how brazen these sociopaths are. 

Dunno, just curious about the (6) limits of these cunts. Curious about what they feel they can get away with. And also, personally, looking for a scintilla of hope for a deal as it would make (7) my life slightly easier.

(1) I think it’s a mixture of keeping the rabble roused and painting the nasty forrins as the reason we get shafted/don’t get a deal.

I think there are three options. First, they are out of their depth and never believed it’d go this far and they have no idea how to reign it in and  are too arrogant and ego driven to concede these silly jingoistic ideas which propelled them to an eighty seat majority. Opportunism led them here and they had no idea what the end game ever was, that’s for the paymasters to know. A lot of very wealthy people and the most rabbid and vocal of the proles are dragging them all over the place to ‘get Brexit done’ and they’re stuck in such an echo chamber that is getting more and more deranged. They are out of their depts and being shown up on a regular basis and are posturing to save face as only an idiot would.

Second, they want this. They are ideologically chained to this and are looking at the end game of a deregulated Britain and the very real wealth this will bring to a certain class of people. Damn the rest, it’s survival of the fittest and we’ve been on the treadmill. Maybe they are just this bad? Disaster capitalists, spivs and the rest who don’t care where the cards fall as long as they all get paid. No deal means short term loss and hardship for us, for how long I don’t know, or really want to think about as it’s too bleak, but they’ll clean up both now and in the future. A shit deal with the EU now will only be them not having the nerve to go through with it. I think Cummings, Banks etc are central to this bullshit as their leverage with the rabble mean they can weaponise them if needed as shown. If this is it then it’s all collusion to enrich and they’re prepared to watch the world burn for it.

Third, somewhere in the middle which is the worst of all worlds as it means there’s a hydra in government and our fates are with the winds.

(2) I have no idea, but the wheels are in motion and what’s being done can’t be undone easily, so job done. Doesn’t really matter as somebody else will have to clean up the mess if they’re booted out to live the rest of their lives drinking Krug in the Cayman isles. If it is the end game to be at the most extreme end of potentials then it doesn’t matter to them. They exercised ‘the will of the people’ and the nasty forrins screwed you over. 

(3) You’ll find no argument that a large number of the electorate are stone cold, racist idiots, but that doesn’t wave away those that aren’t. I genuinely believe we’ve been done. ‘They’ utilised every tool in the facist tool kit to get support, suppress dissension and encourage loyalty and create division with those seen as not loyal. The bigger picture of this I don’t know. We’re in bleak, scary territory where the old, safe politics is being torn down and rebuilt in an image which has scary parallels with histories worst.

(5) Alex doesn’t know what day of the week it is, let alone what’s really happening around him. Out of his depth and never had any ideas apart from the sweet nothing people have been whispering in his ears. The very definition of empty suit. A man educated to the point of stupidity. He’ll be disposed of without ceremony the moment his use is over.

(6) No idea, but it genuinely fear the worst.

(7) Here’s hoping, not just for you, but for a fuckload of others as well.

• Upvote 1

We will have a Norwegian style deal within 10 years once this complete clusterfuck has played out. As soon as the Tory voting spunkstains in the south can’t get their avocado and come back from their first holiday in Rimini having had to queue for 4 hours to get through passport control, the Tories will start to tank in the polls and they will shit themselves.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Imagine trying on a No Deal just when approval rating of the EU reaches a high in the UK. 

Gove has said that if we don’t get a deal that’s it, no going back to them in the future for a TA. So no doubt there’s a full programme of meetings already planned. 

• Upvote 1

Good to know the tories have their finger on the pulse of what the nation is feeling.  Me thinks (Hopes!) that come 31st Jan 2021(or earlier) this government will be on their knees back at the EU, begging bowl in hand.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

(1) I think it’s a mixture of keeping the rabble roused and painting the nasty forrins as the reason we get shafted/don’t get a deal.

I think there are three options. First, they are out of their depth and never believed it’d go this far and they have no idea how to reign it in and  are too arrogant and ego driven to concede these silly jingoistic ideas which propelled them to an eighty seat majority. Opportunism led them here and they had no idea what the end game ever was, that’s for the paymasters to know. A lot of very wealthy people and the most rabbid and vocal of the proles are dragging them all over the place to ‘get Brexit done’ and they’re stuck in such an echo chamber that is getting more and more deranged. They are out of their depts and being shown up on a regular basis and are posturing to save face as only an idiot would.

Second, they want this. They are ideologically chained to this and are looking at the end game of a deregulated Britain and the very real wealth this will bring to a certain class of people. Damn the rest, it’s survival of the fittest and we’ve been on the treadmill. Maybe they are just this bad? Disaster capitalists, spivs and the rest who don’t care where the cards fall as long as they all get paid. No deal means short term loss and hardship for us, for how long I don’t know, or really want to think about as it’s too bleak, but they’ll clean up both now and in the future. A shit deal with the EU now will only be them not having the nerve to go through with it. I think Cummings, Banks etc are central to this bullshit as their leverage with the rabble mean they can weaponise them if needed as shown. If this is it then it’s all collusion to enrich and they’re prepared to watch the world burn for it.

Third, somewhere in the middle which is the worst of all worlds as it means there’s a hydra in government and our fates are with the winds.

(2) I have no idea, but the wheels are in motion and what’s being done can’t be undone easily, so job done. Doesn’t really matter as somebody else will have to clean up the mess if they’re booted out to live the rest of their lives drinking Krug in the Cayman isles. If it is the end game to be at the most extreme end of potentials then it doesn’t matter to them. They exercised ‘the will of the people’ and the nasty forrins screwed you over. 

(3) You’ll find no argument that a large number of the electorate are stone cold, racist idiots, but that doesn’t wave away those that aren’t. I genuinely believe we’ve been done. ‘They’ utilised every tool in the facist tool kit to get support, suppress dissension and encourage loyalty and create division with those seen as not loyal. The bigger picture of this I don’t know. We’re in bleak, scary territory where the old, safe politics is being torn down and rebuilt in an image which has scary parallels with histories worst.

(5) Alex doesn’t know what day of the week it is, let alone what’s really happening around him. Out of his depth and never had any ideas apart from the sweet nothing people have been whispering in his ears. The very definition of empty suit. A man educated to the point of stupidity. He’ll be disposed of without ceremony the moment his use is over.

(6) No idea, but it genuinely fear the worst.

(7) Here’s hoping, not just for you, but for a fuckload of others as well.

This, I think. What impels the Tories to perist is their bloodlust for effecting 'radical' change. They tried it with the poll tax then flinched when London justifiably burned. The difference this time is they have allowed the real movement behind Brexit (Anglo-American right-wing neo-con interests) to get in their heads and drive them on - mainly due to their geographical and ideological proximity and patronage. They are now blind to opposition views in all forms and are concerned only in fulfilling an ill-defined policy driven by mantra politics and supported by a sham referendum result. Again, because they feel it is their opportunity to be mould-breakers. 

What's totally dispiriting is the weight they've put behind this: tying up the cream of the civil service for five years, untold billions of pounds, proroguing parliament, attempting to clip the wings of the House of Lords, numerous legal challenges, breaking international law on trade agreement, fucking off 27 of it's closest allies and neighbours, risking a break up of the union, a de facto surrendering of Norther Ireland to the Republic and driving a wedge through the heart of the country. If only they'd thought to expend such measures on something actually worthwhile...

40 minutes ago, cochyn said:

This, I think. What impels the Tories to perist is their bloodlust for effecting 'radical' change. They tried it with the poll tax then flinched when London justifiably burned. The difference this time is they have allowed the real movement behind Brexit (Anglo-American right-wing neo-con interests) to get in their heads and drive them on - mainly due to their geographical and ideological proximity and patronage. They are now blind to opposition views in all forms and are concerned only in fulfilling an ill-defined policy driven by mantra politics and supported by a sham referendum result. Again, because they feel it is their opportunity to be mould-breakers. 

What's totally dispiriting is the weight they've put behind this: tying up the cream of the civil service for five years, untold billions of pounds, proroguing parliament, attempting to clip the wings of the House of Lords, numerous legal challenges, breaking international law on trade agreement, fucking off 27 of it's closest allies and neighbours, risking a break up of the union, a de facto surrendering of Norther Ireland to the Republic and driving a wedge through the heart of the country. If only they'd thought to expend such measures on something actually worthwhile...

Private Eye are running a story this fortnight that a lot of the leg work, surprisingly, has been done by very well remunerated consultants as the CS are largely untrusted by these dickheads, most likely they won’t cut corners and mislead.

I agree with the above, but feel there’s much more of a guiding hand to all of this. 

Cummings has almost single handedly broken the CS and contributed to senior figures leaving in droves. The merging of foreign offices was his idea, meaning we won’t be providing aid abroad in a traditional manner anymore. He’s plotted a British version of data protections which would allow us to become the premier data harvesting country on the planet. Set up the the innovations office, centralised data tracking centre, spent tens of millions of focus groups and feedback centres to provide a constant loop to government. This is before factor in his vote leave stuff and the draconian reforms he helped push through in education and justice as Gove’s Spad. It’s fucking mad. But now he’s gone there seems to be a genuine lack of clarity about anything. Have they lost their ‘guy’ and no longer have a fucking clue what any of it is about? 

Mogg has pretty much been born, raised and taught to do this by his father who plotted this out years ago.

I can’t help but think there’s a wheel within a wheel here that we’re not seeing, or maybe it is as obvious as we’re seeing it, they’re just rabid cunts who don’t give a fucking single fuck about the suffering this clusterfuck is going to do to everybody else as long as they ‘win’ and get rich.

• Upvote 2

On 13/12/2020 at 22:33, Rico1304 said:

As ever I’m astounded by the power of my single vote. Is it a Super Vote? I mean it didn’t count for years as I was in a LD safe seat. 

As for how it’s working out (quick look around, check the bank balance) yes, seems ok.  
Edit: and then there’s the amount of tax I pay. 

Hmm,  hope the bank balance is looking good..

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2020-12-16-did-the-uks-secret-libya-policy-contribute-to-the-manchester-terror-attack/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

7 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Mogg has pretty much been born, raised and taught to do this by his father who plotted this out years ago.

I can’t help but think there’s a wheel within a wheel here that we’re not seeing, or maybe it is as obvious as we’re seeing it, they’re just rabid cunts who don’t give a fucking single fuck about the suffering this clusterfuck is going to do to everybody else as long as they ‘win’ and get rich.

I get this. Your modern right winger of influence is quite content as long as they're raking in the cash. You'd have thought sharing in the EU gravy train would mean they were like pigs in shit. My fear is there's a cabal within the ruling elites that want England to be the same nasty, brutish shithouse that built the empire again. I've long thought that following WW2 these psychopathic rascals would be quite content terrorising the boardroom in these (largely peaceful) times rather than the battlefields of old. Yet it seems they are hell bent on a form of dominance whose end result is the subjugation and penury of the masses at the cost of personal enrichment. And the decision we're left with is either were with them. Or against them.

• Upvote 1

On 19/12/2020 at 09:01, Jairzinho said:

Anyone would think people were told to have fears about immigration. Now the UK is leaving the EU and there will be another four years of a Tory government, what would be the point now?

Yeah I think you're pretty much spot on. They say in comedy timing is everything well David Cameron should consider a career in stand up. Looking at that graph as a remainer that referendum couldn't have came at a worse time. Fears of immigration high and Bulgaria and Hungary just being allowed freedom of movement, the governments own report stated mass low skilled immigration harms low paid workers in this country.

Britain and the eu were also both using austerity as a political weapon, although if you took this forum as a barometer youd think the eu was headed by Fidel Castro.