You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

58 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It doesn’t mean I want him to, it just means I am ambivalent towards him.  Don’t pretend you’d be arsed either. 

You can "not care" in silence, yet you chose to bring it up, multiple times, to sound big/clever or something. When in fact you sound like a cunt.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

It doesn’t mean I want him to, it just means I am ambivalent towards him.  Don’t pretend you’d be arsed either. 

I'd miss the cunt.  He's infuriating on here, but he's a boss on the music thread. And, yeah, I would be upset if something horrible happened to him, because I'm a normal, functioning human.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, skend04 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/14/brexit-trade-deal-possible-within-days-after-johnson-concession-says-eu

So Johnson conceded on level playing field. Now just the matter of fishing rights but it'll be all too British to fuck ourselves over a relatively minor industry.

Not sure a billion pound industry is minor mate! 

34 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not sure a billion pound industry is minor mate! 

0.1% of GDP, with a tiny work force, is a very small concern in the grand scheme of things.

Not the hill to die on at all, but these fucking idiots are willing to, even though we sell most of our most lucrative quota anyway, to the same Europeans we’re currently arguing with, who in turn sell it back to us at profit.

It’s, pardon the pun, a massive red herring.

39 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Maybe.  I'm starting to think the talks 'going the extra mile' line was simply another pull of the slot machine for currency stocktraders.  All the Tories now shifting their billions on hedge funds on a sterling decline later this week.  

On 14/12/2020 at 19:19, skend04 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/14/brexit-trade-deal-possible-within-days-after-johnson-concession-says-eu

So Johnson conceded on level playing field. Now just the matter of fishing rights but it'll be all too British to fuck ourselves over a relatively minor industry.

Minor you say....

EpY17y1XcAEzQHJ?format=jpg&name=medium

• Upvote 6

Presumably there will be a deal now and all this shit about fish is just something to placate the fucking extreme dribble chins in the Tory party, and in wider society.

I mean, if they did actually swerve a deal because of mackerel then Johnson should be boiled alive in a cauldron of dog piss. 

34 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, but what is the end game? 

Genuinely, I think we’re stuck between disaster capitalism and the old guard clinging on to what they have and ‘we’ are collateral damage.

In the actuality you have state aid, or corporate welfare, and the state starts to facilitate profit and shareholder payouts. Reading between the lines this is where the big ‘ideological’ line is drawn. A simple deregulation, race to the bottom, economic structure which forcefully pushes through further inequality and erosion of workers rights and safeties making us more beholden, ironically more dependant and insecure, like American economic systems where inequality is worn as a badge of honour. The old safety checks and guards are being eroded as we speak and it’s all very deliberate and knowing.

This is the end game, an end of state centralised power.

All of the warning of Hedges, Mason, Chomsky etc are being made flesh and ‘they’ have been working towards this for decades where we are just waking up to it and haven’t got a fucking clue how to piece together the narrative, one which ‘they’ are deliberately making difficult to follow/understand.

Fish mean nothing, they’re a way of stirring emotions whilst the bigger land grabs are happening. 

This isn’t by accident, it’s by design, and has followed a consistent and deliberate plan.

They got the most affected to cheer for it and weaponised it to attempt to suppress the rest through sheer bombardment of information, both true and false.

Theres a study that’s been done recently where the test subjects were exposed to ‘negative’ messaging a couple of time and then exposed to ‘fact checking’ information which dispelled this. On about 80% cases these people didn’t ‘see’ the counter advice, so the simplistic nonsense that’s been pumped out is taking hold and opinions will not, or can not be changed, which is so fucking dangerous when we see how it’s been utilised.

I think we’re being fucked.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Genuinely, I think we’re stuck between disaster capitalism and the old guard clinging on to what they have and ‘we’ are collateral damage.

In the actuality you have state aid, or corporate welfare, and the state starts to facilitate profit and shareholder payouts. Reading between the lines this is where the big ‘ideological’ line is drawn. A simple deregulation, race to the bottom, economic structure which forcefully pushes through further inequality and erosion of workers rights and safeties making us more beholden, ironically more dependant and insecure, like American economic systems where inequality is worn as a badge of honour. The old safety checks and guards are being eroded as we speak and it’s all very deliberate and knowing.

This is the end game. 

All of the warning of Hedges, Mason, Chomsky etc are being made flash and ‘they’ have been working towards this for decades where we are just waking up to it and haven’t got a fucking clue how to piece together the narrative, one which ‘they’ are deliberately making difficult to follow/understand.

Fish mean nothing, they’re a way of stirring emotions whilst the bigger land grabs are happening. 

This isn’t by accident, it’s by design, and has followed a consistent and deliberate plan.

They got the most affected to cheer for it and weaponised it to attempt to suppress the rest through sheer bombardment of information, both true and false.

Theres a study that’s been done recently where the test subjects were exposed to ‘negative’ messaging a couple of time and then exposed to ‘fact checking’ information which dispelled this. On about 80% cases these people didn’t ‘see’ the counter advice, so the simplistic nonsense that’s been pumped out is taking hold and opinions will not, or can not be changed, which is so fucking dangerous when we see how it’s been utilised.

Great post. And guess who they've engineered to take the blame? Us. 

7 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This is the end game, an end of state centralised power.

All of the warning of Hedges, Mason, Chomsky etc are being made flesh and ‘they’ have been working towards this for decades where we are just waking up to it and haven’t got a fucking clue how to piece together the narrative, one which ‘they’ are deliberately making difficult to follow/understand.

Yes, agreed. Although really I was just referring to whether they make a deal with Europe or not. 

The EU seem to have made it fairly clearly that a deal can be done, and we're simply left with sorting out what to do with haddock. So the rabble rousing from de Pfeffel et al is to what end at the moment? What degree of disaster capitalism do they think will wash? They've built the idea of no deal as some great patriotic act of deviance but it'll become clear enough even to a large number of the utter cretins that currently buy in to the idea that it'll be disastrous on all almost every single level. 

I guess what I'm curious about is the depths of stupidity in the population but also whether or not there is anything else to this current crop of politicians beyond reverse Robin Hood stuff. Cameron, as Danny Dyer so eloquently put it, has his trotters up in France. Without a care in the world. Johnson strikes me as someone who has interest in legacy. This can help, because it can at least limit how brazen these sociopaths are. 

Dunno, just curious about the limits of these cunts. Curious about what they feel they can get away with. And also, personally, looking for a scintilla of hope for a deal as it would make my life slightly easier.

• Upvote 1