You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

34 minutes ago, sir roger said:

That is not what he pushed for in the 2019 election manifesto though if my memory is correct.

No, you’re absolutely right. That’s why I found it interesting because the wind had clearly changed. It’s interesting because he clearly thought the right thing to do at the time was model themselves as the ‘better Brexit’ option. I wonder what and why it was allowed to change inside the party behind the scenes. Maybe it was the situation inside Parliament with all the lost votes, etc. Maybe that gave them the balls to try to go for that second ref. 

Received this today from UPS and I am sure I shall be receiving similar from the rest of the couriers I use in due course.

Nothing major, just the cost of everything that enters the UK from Europe about to see a price increase. Unless we are about to see a load of companies be extremely benevolent and just soak up those price increases of course...........

27382a34-6787-4939-90d2-e8fc49a5114e.jpg

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Anyone want to apply for the job of North Sea Torpedo Commander?

Hahahaha they just make shit up. Brexiteers are like Everton fans. Pissing in the wind so they invent lies. All this "we" "our country" "our armed forces" the cunts have never achieved a single thing of note for this country. Most people in the forces (The Navy in particular) couldn't give a flying fuck about queen and country. As for fishing, again, the Navy couldn't give a flying fuck and no french fishing boats will be torpedoed. 

Now... if I replied to 'Bob Peckham' with that very true and honest sentiment I'd get called a "woke anti-semite" then blocked before I can call him a cunt. 

So, if you're reading this Bob, I'd just like you to know that you are a CUNT. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, cochyn said:

Tories though innit'? Never happier than when they have the populace at each other's throats. 

Tories know that the only way they can get away with their shit is to keep us all too busy fighting among ourselves to fight for ourselves. 

When we first started chanting "The workers united will never be defeated" the bastard Tories took note.

• Upvote 2

Exactly. Distraction politics. Brexit is a classic example of stupefying the populace by having them bicker over meaningless arguments (who really ever gave a shit about fishing rights until now)? To the point they accept the real shit sandwich (negative prosperity and negative short-medium term prospects) with resigned obeisance. 

Whilst I voted to remain, I can see how the EU is hard-wired towards a neoliberal agenda that is currently set on sending prosperity eastwards, often to the detriment of the west. I guess the bottom line for Brexit is the UK.gov wants to remove the country from complicity in that process. Which begins with a hard Brexit, effectively cedes Northern Ireland to quasi Irish/ EU control and ends with the Tories believing themselves to have got a tighter commend on trade. But That didn't make it into the bumph we all got posted to us ahead of the referendum.

Just now, Numero said:

The Tories are doing this so we are less neoliberal than our EU masters? Am I reading that right?

Not at all. I'm saying they're doing it to control the neoliberal process on their terms. Sorry if it wasn't clear. 

24 minutes ago, cochyn said:

Not at all. I'm saying they're doing it to control the neoliberal process on their terms. Sorry if it wasn't clear. 

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I think they want themselves and their donors to earn loads of money at the expense of others. I genuinely think they are beyond ideology. As long as they get theirs, it doesn’t really matter. They’d happily spend the entire GDP on biscuits for kids if their donors were a big ol’ biscuit company who did a back room deal to filter some of that money into their pockets, the pockets of their friends, and offer cushy jobs after. Get biscuits done. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The Tory Brexiters bang on about sovereignty, but I suspect a sizeable chunk of them would willingly sign us up as the 51st state of America. Something both New Model Army and Matt Johnson of The The were singing about when Thatcher was running the country.

Just made me listen again for the first time in years. Ta 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The Tory Brexiters bang on about sovereignty, but I suspect a sizeable chunk of them would willingly sign us up as the 51st state of America. Something both New Model Army and Matt Johnson of The The were singing about when Thatcher was running the country.

Whenever one of those "I ❤ the 80s" programmes comes on, with all the Z-list talking heads who weren’t even born then telling us how it was all glamour, shoulder-pads, decadence and big phones, I get an overwhelming urge to play "Heartland". Loud.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

All gays are good at dancing, I read it somewhere.

I'm not particularly bothered by Owen Jones one way or the other, but it is actually miraculous to get a left wing commentator on the tv whereas there are dozens of right wing harridans and cunts on speed dial on programmes ( not only news ) all day every day.

The cynic in me says their might be a good reason big capitalist news organisations give an annoying little gay lefty like Owen Jones ten minutes on their news channels every now and then.

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nice. 

Ok let's try this in baby steps.

Owen Jones is gay. Fact .Some people in Britain have a problem with gay people. Fact.

So when Owen Jones appears on tv with an alternate mantra to one being given by Norman Normal from salt of the fucking earth land Jones message (although entirely correct and feasible) may get lost in the persona of the person who delivers said message because tv networks understand the the homophobic veiws will dismiss the message whatever being said. 

Their was a reason Ted Heath and Jeremy Thorpe denied being gay, it didnt gain votes. 

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Ok let's try this in baby steps.

Owen Jones is gay. Fact .Some people in Britain have a problem with gay people. Fact.

So when Owen Jones appears on tv with an alternate mantra to one being given by Norman Normal from salt of the fucking earth land Jones message (although entirely correct and feasible) may get lost in the persona of the person who delivers said message because tv networks understand the the homophobic veiws will dismiss the message whatever being said. 

Their was a reason Ted Heath and Jeremy Thorpe denied being gay, it didnt gain votes. 

Pick someone else to patronise you cheeky fucking Lilt sniffer 

Oh and you wanted *there not *their