You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

There are many funds, loans, grants availableto farmers both home and abroad., the link you provided is just a staple govt advice link for the first stage of application.  Common agricultural policy divides the money from eu funds. The EAGF, the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund give out the grants. Britain must adhere to eu policy (rightly so) when it comes to releasing CAP money, it is (rightly so) not allowed to divide the grant as it sees fit.

A farmed I used to know got approx 500 euro a hectare for unattended waste land, although I cant remember the exact figure and it might have altered now. I believe the eu gives more pee hectare for greener farming, which is good policy. 

Edit;, Sorry its approx 280 quid per hectare

They pay farms to plant trees instead of herding beef. They pay farms to stop growing sugar beet. They do loads of things for loads of reasons, some of it good, some of it not so great and as with everything else there will be cunts that take the piss. It was all agreed by the member states, each one putting their case forward, where France asks for tariffs on garlic the UK will be looking to protect wealthy land owners that were handed land by the King in some plantation or other 200 years ago.

The fundamental issue staring you in the face and pointed out a million times is the above cunts about to be free to hoover up all the gravy.

40 minutes ago, No2 said:

They pay farms to plant trees instead of herding beef. They pay farms to stop growing sugar beet. They do loads of things for loads of reasons, some of it good, some of it not so great and as with everything else there will be cunts that take the piss. It was all agreed by the member states, each one putting their case forward, where France asks for tariffs on garlic the UK will be looking to protect wealthy land owners that were handed land by the King in some plantation or other 200 years ago.

The fundamental issue staring you in the face and pointed out a million times is the above cunts about to be free to hoover up all the gravy.

The above cunts have already got more gravy than Sam Allardyce down spoons on a Sunday lunchtime.

Cap which gives out money is under review; a lot of eu countries want to give money as they please, the EUs own auditors are against, read the last paragraph.

https://www.slowfood.com/a-broken-system-how-eu-farming-subsidies-lead-to-land-grabbing-in-hungary/

10 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The above cunts have already got more gravy than Sam Allardyce down spoons on a Sunday lunchtime.

Cap which gives out money is under review; a lot of eu countries want to give money as they please, the EUs own auditors are against, read the last paragraph.

https://www.slowfood.com/a-broken-system-how-eu-farming-subsidies-lead-to-land-grabbing-in-hungary/

I have already said some of it is bad and cunts will take advantage, nobody has ever said anything different. 

You do realise that when CAP is reformed the UK will have no input to the changes agreed?  So by leaving the EU the UK has removed itself from the discussions and indirectly given more weight to the likes of Hungary? The concern you have for the poor folk in Bucharest or Budapest is falling on deaf ears because nobody cares what the UK thinks. Orban and his cronies will do their best to ensure they get more fucked and there is literally nothing you can do about it. You had your chance.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

On the subject of Hungary (not the toothless one) I do wonder if European politicians were trying to rile Russia when letting them and other countries in the east join. Not a good if so.

Been through this before, too.

Eastward expansion of the EU; not a problem. 

Eastward expansion of NATO; major problem. 

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Been through this before, too.

Eastward expansion of the EU; not a problem. 

Eastward expansion of NATO; major problem. 

I agree eastward expansion of Nato is a problem I do not agree that EU eastward expansion is not a problem, it's not as big a problem as Nato expansion but it is a problem. Hungary tells it's own story, if the Balkan country rumours are true then more problems. 

Why does the EU insist on the mad push east? Is it to piss off Russia? Is it to mop up more cheap labour? Is it because it thinks its Julie Andrew's singing on a mountain top?  I'd go for all three.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

I bet Gnasher gets an alert when anyone in Brussels gets a paper cut. 

Raging against the hypocrisy of EU directed health and safety standards in the work place, leading to safe working conditions for the most vulnerable.

In Brexitland we don’t need ‘elf’n’safety or any’a tha as we’got Brexit innit’ 

Retort: Some Ill thought out, and factually incorrect stuff, about migrant labour.

15 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Raging against the hypocrisy of EU directed health and safety standards in the work place, leading to safe working conditions for the most vulnerable.

In Brexitland we don’t need ‘elf’n’safety or any’a tha as we’got Brexit innit’ 

Retort: Some Ill thought out, and factually incorrect stuff, about migrant labour.

I think the topic i tried to raise was the recent reports of eu handouts to the queen and other parasites whilst farm labourers are treated like slaves, everyone seems happy enough with it on here though so move along nothing to see.

I agree eastward expansion of Nato is a problem I do not agree that EU eastward expansion is not a problem, it's not as big a problem as Nato expansion but it is a problem. Hungary tells it's own story, if the Balkan country rumours are true then more problems. 

Why does the EU insist on the mad push east? Is it to piss off Russia? Is it to mop up more cheap labour? Is it because it thinks its Julie Andrew's singing on a mountain top?  I'd go for all three.

So, do you think the rich Western countries should have told the poorer Central and Eastern European countries to piss off when they wanted to join?

16 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

So, do you think the rich Western countries should have told the poorer Central and Eastern European countries to piss off when they wanted to join?

A bit simplistic angry but look at the Hungary situation, come on now,

Also by your own argument why should a member of a rich eu country have an advantage of someone from a poor non eu country?   A nurse from Ghana is the same as a nurse from Belgium.

Also by your own argument why should a member of a rich eu country have an advantage of someone from a poor non eu country?   A nurse from Ghana is the same as a nurse from Belgium.

One world; no borders; free movement for all workers. Bring it on.

But until we can get all countries involved, let's build incrementally, with blocs of neighbouring countries. 

A bit simplistic angry but look at the Hungary situation, come on now,

You didn’t answer the question. 

When Central and Eastern European countries applied to join the EU, should the EU have said yes or no?

Throwback to 2016, when the Mayor of London was leading the Leave campaign.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-35692452

It's worth watching to see two things: how effortlessly he lies and how the journalist - who really should know better - didn't pull him up on his lie.

He told the BBC a Brexit would leave arrangements on the Irish border "absolutely unchanged".

"There's been a free travel area between the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland for, I think, getting on for 100 years," he said.

"There's no reason at all why that should cease to be the case."

Jesus wept!  Is this cunt going to get the chance to strike more of the easiest deals in history?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/18/liam-fox-reaches-last-five-in-race-to-head-wto

Liam Fox, Britain’s former international trade secretary, has reached the last five in the race to be the next head of the World Trade Organization (WTO), the global customs and tariffs watchdog.

17 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Jesus wept!  Is this cunt going to get the chance to strike more of the easiest deals in history?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/18/liam-fox-reaches-last-five-in-race-to-head-wto

Liam Fox, Britain’s former international trade secretary, has reached the last five in the race to be the next head of the World Trade Organization (WTO), the global customs and tariffs watchdog.

Is Adam Werritty going to be his private secretary?