You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yet again you're conflating national governments being cunts with the EU. Just a heads-up, they'd act like this without the EU. In the case of the UK, we're about to find out just how cunty a government can be with no restraints.

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yet again you're conflating national governments being cunts with the EU. Just a heads-up, they'd act like this without the EU. In the case of the UK, we're about to find out just how cunty a government can be with no restraints.

I'm not confusing anything, farmers recieve massive eu subsidies and pay workers pittance. That's a fact. If you want to condone it or justify it that's a problem for you.

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'm not confusing anything, farmers recieve massive eu subsidies and pay workers pittance. That's a fact. If you want to condone it or justify it that's a problem for you.

Well, we're about to find out what happens when Western farmers don't get subsidised. I hope you like the piquant taste of chlorinated chicken as our entire domestic food industry goes to the wall.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Well, we're about to find out what happens when Western farmers don't get subsidised. I hope you like the piquant taste of chlorinated chicken as our entire domestic food industry goes to the wall.

People are capable to be both against chlorinated chicken and slave labour. It's not a case of either/or. 

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

People are capable to be both against chlorinated chicken and slave labour. It's not a case of either/or. 

Quite- in this case it's both, we're getting chlorinated chicken produced by slave labour as a result of Brexit.

6 minutes ago, Numero said:

Better than having polish sausage in Tescos though, mate. 

Oh Matron! - Imgur

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Many a true word said in jest.

I wasn't joking. I detest paying for labour. I'm in favour if getting in Europeans in to do loads of work for fuck all. Because, as we know well, you can't support free movement of people whilst also being against slavery. That's why I support Brexit, which will make it harder to stop Modern Slavery, which only happens in the EU and places where there are free movement. 

Now, can I have me leftie card back? 

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The old trickle down effect. 

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2020/04/tesco-full-year-profits-expected-to-surge-by-almost-300m/

"And this season's bonus for making us so much money during lockdown is a bucket full of covid'

It's almost as though people panicked and bought way more than they actually needed. Thank fuck we still had the EU and its ultra-efficient trading in place. Can you imagine the societal breakdown if supermarkets had run out and we had to rely on an isolationist US under a moronic psychopath to fill the shelves?

9 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It's almost as though people panicked and bought way more than they actually needed. Thank fuck we still had the EU and its ultra-efficient trading in place. Can you imagine the societal breakdown if supermarkets had run out and we had to rely on an isolationist US under a moronic psychopath to fill the shelves?

I dont think the eu response as a whole  to the pandemic is anything to crow about,  Nor as bas as ours but still fucking awful

https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabeltogoh/2020/04/08/extremely-disappointed-eu-science-chief-resigns-in-stinging-criticism-of-coronavirus-response/

I'm not sure how you can tag the yanks in with the working conditions on a Hereford broccoli field but crack on if it floats your boat.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I dont think the eu response as a whole  to the pandemic is anything to crow about,  Nor as bas as ours but still fucking awful

https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabeltogoh/2020/04/08/extremely-disappointed-eu-science-chief-resigns-in-stinging-criticism-of-coronavirus-response/

I'm not sure how you can tag the yanks in with the working conditions on a Hereford broccoli field but crack on if it floats your boat.

Ooh, big goal post shift. Again.

I've said nothing about the EU response to the pandemic. However, the EU's trading mechanisms helped keep the UK supplied with goods that people wanted. Brexit will put barriers in the way of that and would very likely have quickly made the situation here extremely difficult.

As for the Yanks' working conditions- they're fucking awful. You're outraged at the Leicester clothing factory or the Herefordshire farm? Because of Brexit, we're going to be supplied by the US, whether we like it or not, and their food processing plants are exponentially worse than they are here, both in terms of working conditions and worker exploitation. Yet another Pyrrhic Brexit 'victory'.

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

We’ve spent more money PREPARING to leave,  than we’ve ever spent being in.  Whatever happens, that’s a huge amount of money to pay to leave when we are now told by JRM we won’t see a benefit for 50 yrs. Fucking mental. 

We - you and I - won't see a benefit. 

His hedge fund is raking it in already.

4 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Does it say anything about slavery?

Joking apart that's grim reading. We're pretty fucked.

Yes. It would appear we are. Still at least the Brexiteers get their country back, but then they'll have to queue a lot more when making a quick trip over to mainland EU for cheap fags, booze, a few weeks in the sun. Definitely worthwhile screwing the rest of the country up for. 

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yes. It would appear we are. Still at least the Brexiteers get their country back, but then they'll have to queue a lot more when making a quick trip over to mainland EU for cheap fags, booze, a few weeks in the sun. Definitely worthwhile screwing the rest of the country up for. 

That's if they've got a job because it looks like most companies are fucked too, not just individuals.

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

That's if they've got a job because it looks like most companies are fucked too, not just individuals.

That's easy to resolve. Just get a nice hand out from the EU...oh wait...

Anyway. I have sent that article to my (Conservative) MP asking for his opinion. No doubt it will be spin and bullshit but I'm intrigued into how this lot will spin this shit show ahead.