You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Gnasher (unless you have) have a read of this. 

original_400_600.jpg

It casts a seriously grim light on the lives of those looking for something better who have come to London. From the homeless Roma beggars to Polish workers with Afhgan shop owners and more inbetween. The majority still see that life as a better life than the one they had at home. I'm not saying this is going to draw a line in any argument about Brexit, far from it but its worth a read. 

I've got my copy here I'm prepared to lend you. Just PM me your address and I'll hand deliver it. 

Thanks. No I havnt read it, i will take a look. I hate the exploitation of any worker and any human and am 100% behind any person struggling against the odds to make some sort of life for themselves but I genuinely believe the eu free market is card to trade in cheap human labour. It's why I oppose it.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Thanks. No I havnt read it, i will take a look. I hate the exploitation of any worker and any human and am 100% behind any person struggling against the odds to make some sort of life for themselves but I genuinely believe the eu free market is card to trade in cheap human labour. It's why I oppose it.

Cool. Its a good book, bit hard to read like because its depressing. 

Just be sure to remember what you have just said and repeat it into the cold Romanian eyes of the next poor bird you get a wank off in the car. 

1 minute ago, Numero said:

You didn’t answer my question. How else am I supposed to reply to such a comment? The Earth is frying? We know it isn’t, so how can I take this shit seriously? 

Ok do you think the eu free movement of people has contributed to the increase of people slavery?  It's a fail proof system of increasing the human labour labour market to decrease wages and conditions and so increase profits. Thatcher had it to a tee.

As for the environment I'm on the side of kids who point out that needless flights are a bit of a cunts trick considering global warming. 

Ok do you think the eu free movement of people has contributed to the increase of people slavery?

People slavery. Okay, let’s roll with that.

No. No is the answer to your question. Furthermore, I think the implication that the EU and free movement is the cause of modern slavery is beyond ridiculous and woefully ignorant of the real causes of modern slavery and of the issue with modern slavery around the world, outside of the EU, especially in places where there is no freedom of movement. I think it’s organised crime, poverty, and marginalisation that are the primary factors in modern slavery. I think Brexit will make it harder to fight it and not easier. So when I see you trying to position yourself as the lone voice for the impoverished, and for slaves, I am repulsed into a dumbfounded silence. 

I’m just thankful that you don’t actually have any say over anything in this regard, because having read the things you write on this subject, and having read the way you write them, I wouldn’t trust you with boiling a kettle for fear of burning down the entire fucking house, much less trust you to be champion of the needy and oppressed. I’m sure it comes from a good place, which is why I ignore it, but you’re way out of your depth here.

As for the environment I'm on the side of kids who point out that needless flights are a bit of a cunts trick considering global warming. 

That’s good to know, but the Earth isn’t frying. Your characterisation shows that you have a similar grasp of the complexity of climate change as you do on the impact of free movement. The very real and concerning impact of man-made causes in the increase in global temperatures is currently around 1c and without intervention will be around 2.5c by the next century. I don’t say that to belittle the impact, but to illustrate just how ridiculous it is to say the Earth is frying and pointing at a flight from Romania. The absolute kindest way I can respond to some of what you post is to be glib, because a proper response is much more time consuming, much less kind, and changes exactly as much; nothing. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Not as fucked as the slaves working on Leicester but let's not worry about them.

You know who I blame for a UK company breaking UK law to exploit people from the UK and other non-EU countries?

The EU.

It's obviously their fault. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Numero said:

People slavery. Okay, let’s roll with that.

No. No is the answer to your question. Furthermore, I think the implication that the EU and free movement is the cause of modern slavery is beyond ridiculous and woefully ignorant of the real causes of modern slavery and of the issue with modern slavery around the world, outside of the EU, especially in places where there is no freedom of movement. I think it’s organised crime, poverty, and marginalisation that are the primary factors in modern slavery. I think Brexit will make it harder to fight it and not easier. So when I see you trying to position yourself as the lone voice for the impoverished, and for slaves, I am repulsed into a dumbfounded silence. 

I’m just thankful that you don’t actually have any say over anything in this regard, because having read the things you write on this subject, and having read the way you write them, I wouldn’t trust you with boiling a kettle for fear of burning down the entire fucking house, much less trust you to be champion of the needy and oppressed. I’m sure it comes from a good place, which is why I ignore it, but you’re way out of your depth here.

That’s good to know, but the Earth isn’t frying. Your characterisation shows that you have a similar grasp of the complexity of climate change as you do on the impact of free movement. The very real and concerning impact of man-made causes in the increase in global temperatures is currently around 1c and without intervention will be around 2.5c by the next century. I don’t say that to belittle the impact, but to illustrate just how ridiculous it is to say the Earth is frying and pointing at a flight from Romania. The absolute kindest way I can respond to some of what you post is to be glib, because a proper response is much more time consuming, much less kind, and changes exactly as much; nothing. 

Thanks, why didnt you tell me before? , Poverty is a reason is it?  Poverty? I thought they travelled for the brutish experience of chicken tikka masala and kids me quick hats. I would never have guessed, god your good, and soooooo intelligent as I'm sure you've told yourself not enough times..

Any other reason oh super sage? Oh organised crime you say!!!  You say organised criminals are involved? In slavery?  Are you sure? Well fuck me who would have thought? I wouldnt have, It will would not have crossed my tiny little fucking mind, why didnt you tell me this enlightening fucking dribble earlier oh nauseating one? Have you contacted the authorities? Please do

Marginalised people can be a cause for the increased slavery due to loads of gangmasters sending people to work in sweatshops, really ?  Well well well, you really are a thunderbolt of the fucking obvious arnt you my little petal, a real fountain of idiotic piss are you not?  

Keep your sanctaminios shrilling for dissing Corbyn on the other thread as you promised Numerous.

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Thanks, why didnt you tell me before? , Poverty is a reason is it?  Poverty? I thought they travelled for the brutish experience of chicken tikka masala and kids me quick hats. I would never have guessed, god your good, and soooooo intelligent as I'm sure you've told yourself not enough times..

Any other reason oh super sage? Oh organised crime you say!!!  You say organised criminals are involved? In slavery?  Are you sure? Well fuck me who would have thought? I wouldnt have, It will would not have crossed my tiny little fucking mind, why didnt you tell me this enlightening fucking dribble earlier oh nauseating one? Have you contacted the authorities? Please do

Marginalised people can be a cause for the increased slavery due to loads of gangmasters sending people to work in sweatshops, really ?  Well well well, you really are a thunderbolt of the fucking obvious arnt you my little petal, a real fountain of idiotic piss are you not?  

Keep your sanctaminios shrilling for dissing Corbyn on the other thread as you promised Numerous.

spkyrll.gif

• Upvote 1