You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

26 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Well, we're now going to get mass immigration from other, even poorer countries instead. Well played.

I'd welcome an African nurse having the same opportunity as a European nurse. The whole eu structure is slanted in favour of the rich and powerful.

Just now, Gnasher said:

I'd welcome an African nurse having the same opportunity as a European nurse. The whole eu structure is slanted in favour of the rich and powerful.

Well Brexit won't change that, it'll make it much worse. As for the nurse, I'd rather we invested in our own people so we didn't have to strip other countries of their skilled workers, but again, Brexit's not going to make that any better. 

An acquaintance of mine who voted leave to

A: "stop the muslims coming here"
B: "Give Cameron a kicking"
C: "Stop 2 year MOTs"

He's just phoned me, mortified. 

"I'm f**ked, never thought they'd actually f***ing do it. I'm gonna go out of business".

Hard to feel sorry.

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Ah so let's ignore it,  fair enough let's ignore the fact immigration has had a negative effect on the working class and the poor whilst the rich prosper..

Keep scratching your head and wonder why you lost angry. It might dawn on you one day, though I doubt it.

No, you fucking dope. Not "let's ignore it" - let's understand it and let's not allow ourselves to become stooges for the Johnsons and Rees-Moggs of this world. 

• Upvote 1

BMW dragging their heels on investing in the Mini plant in Oxford, because... well, why wouldn't they?  Four years ago 51.9% voted to make conditions for the manufacturing sector much, much harder.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-01-31/bmw-postpones-work-on-next-generation-mini-model-due-to-brexit?fbclid=IwAR1oldtZlL4EtCkSQqekkkIwzkfReZJpdlSf62_4XvkYoo-qFA8enYVc40A

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

No, you fucking dope. Not "let's ignore it" - let's understand it and let's not allow ourselves to become stooges for the Johnsons and Rees-Moggs of this world. 

You've ignored it again. Maybe you agree with it? You certainly endorse it.

On 01/02/2020 at 10:00, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm struggling to find a laugh in any of this. We already knew that millions of working class people were conned by the ruling classes and that those people will be among the hardest hit by this whole fucking mess. The fact that some of them struggle to express themselves in the media* brings me no solace or smugness. We're all fucked together. 

(*especially some of those last night who are clearly pissed)

I do get solace from the idiots . We're in this mess because they voted for something should be instinctive to reject based on who was asking you to vote for it. You're right we're all fucked, but at least these fucking idiots might get a proper lesson so at least in 5 years time they won't vote for the Tories again. We can see what's on the way, unfortunately they've got to be dry bummed to realise it's going to hurt. 

46 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I do get solace from the idiots . We're in this mess because they voted for something should be instinctive to reject based on who was asking you to vote for it. You're right we're all fucked, but at least these fucking idiots might get a proper lesson so at least in 5 years time they won't vote for the Tories again. We can see what's on the way, unfortunately they've got to be dry bummed to realise it's going to hurt. 

I see the narrative is already being set that "the nasty, evil EU are being really bad and are going to give us a really bad deal", so when the next five years are shite, it is not because it was always going to be shite but because the bastards in the EU deliberately screwed over the good, honest British bulldogs. 

No doubt it will be lapped up. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I see the narrative is already being set that "the nasty, evil EU are being really bad and are going to give us a really bad deal", so when the next five years are shite, it is not because it was always going to be shite but because the bastards in the EU deliberately screwed over the good, honest British bulldogs. 

Mate, absolutely no doubt that will be a narrative. But this is where we need a better labour leadership that fires back they told us this would be easy, they told us we don't need a deal, WTO is coolio. But the issue we obviously face is idiots are idiots, so they tend to do as they're told. But we can hope. On some ways this is the biggest shame about Clive Lewis not being in the running for the leadership as there'd be a section of those "patriotic" loons which would like him just because he served in Afghanistan. 

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Don't think it will wash. 

We have a very febrile electorate, and if they feel poorer, they will vote against the sitting government that put them there. 

You can factor-in some things, like for example this summer there is the Euro Champs, and 2 years time will be the World Cup, so once again there is a chance for a government to make hay on the back of flag-waving exercises, but change is in the air. 

We will have a new monarch, and Charles has already laid down some heavy hints he's going to have a say on government matters, like the environment. 

But the litmus test is building new houses, and the Tories just aren't incentivised to do it, like they haven't been for 10 years.  It reduces the value of assets held by majority Tory voters, it's just not important to them.

The Tories also have to get going on these 40 new hospitals, and 50,000 new nurses, and how many thousand police?  Oh, and make everyone richer without raising taxes, and abolish NI while protecting the NHS.

It's a clusterfuck that's closer to unravelling each day.

4 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I've said that throughout the whole thing. Once we are out everything will be blamed on being a legacy of being in the EU. 

6 hours ago, chevettehs said:

I've said that throughout the whole thing. Once we are out everything will be blamed on being a legacy of being in the EU. 

The Tories still like to blame the shitted-up economy on the last Labour Government; fuck knows how long they'll continue to blame the EU.