You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

That's the most ridiculous bit about 'Change UK' and supposedly progressive Lib Dems- they're just arguing for the status quo, as if everything was fine.

That's complete codswallop. The line has always been remain and reform. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

What official reform proposals do they have? 

Exactly what I was going to ask. I don't recall any Lib Dem policies on reforming the EU at all and a quick scan of their website and last couple of manifestos doesn't mention anything beyond opposing Brexit.

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Exactly what I was going to ask. I don't recall any Lib Dem policies on reforming the EU at all and a quick scan of their website and last couple of manifestos doesn't mention anything beyond opposing Brexit.

Yeah, but they probably said it once or twice in some interviews, so that counts. 

• Upvote 1

Silly me, looking on the Lib Dem website for Lib Dem policies.

I'm still none the wiser though, even after looking at the 'Renew Europe' website, there doesn't seem to be anything specific about reform of the EU. So, beyond the usual stuff you'd expect MEPs or MPs to do, what exactly are they proposing? Any structural reforms?

Guest Pistonbroke
19 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Silly me, looking on the Lib Dem website for Lib Dem policies.

I'm still none the wiser though, even after looking at the 'Renew Europe' website, there doesn't seem to be anything specific about reform of the EU. So, beyond the usual stuff you'd expect MEPs or MPs to do, what exactly are they proposing? Any structural reforms?

They are just trying to win seats off the back of an argument ripping UK politics apart, like a Buzzard waiting to pick at a carcass. They sold their souls for a bit of power and are now trying to gain back those who left them whilst covering up their plan with a load of bullshit. 

Guest Pistonbroke

The EU have agreed to delay Brexit from the 31st Oct date but will not make a decision on the new deadline date until next week. 

Clever move by the EU, probably waiting for MP#s to vote on a proposed GE in early Dec and see what the outcome of that is. IF a GE is mot agreed upon then I can see them offering a much later date than the end of January. 

29 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Clever move by the EU, probably waiting for MP#s to vote on a proposed GE in early Dec and see what the outcome of that is. IF a GE is mot agreed upon then I can see them offering a much later date than the end of January. 

Didn't Norman Lamont warn against a December election in case people got it confused with Christmas  ? 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Didn't Norman Lamont warn against a December election in case people got it confused with Christmas  ? 

It'll be like a shit Advent calendar. 

2 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Kate Hoey has announced shes considering standing for the Brexit Party.  

Let's hope she does and doesn't get a vote. I really don't understand how anybody with a supposed left wing stand point can mix with those cunts. I do understand there may be people to the left who think we're better out of Europe, but getting into bed with these cunts? It beggars belief.