You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Assuming some, but not all, of the ERG vote against because of the DUP, then it looks unlikely he’ll get it through.

The ERG are slimy bastards, wouldn’t believe a word they say. Self serving twats. If they are offered enough, they will sell their grandmothers. 

They will show no loyalty to DUP if they think it will benefit them. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
58 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

The ERG are slimy bastards, wouldn’t believe a word they say. Self serving twats. If they are offered enough, they will sell their grandmothers. 

They will show no loyalty to DUP if they think it will benefit them. 

It depends if they believe by voting against any sort of deal will lead to a No Deal scenario. Let's be honest, they are probably still desperate to have the latter situation as it pleases some of their ranks and the puppet masters who control them. 

No doubt there's a few like this one - an anti EU stance based on 'the EU being a continuation of Germany by other means" There'd be a lot of people still alive who lived through WW2, and will never forget. Their kids may have been brainwashed too. At least some of the Brexit vote would have been based on this ideology.

It may be 20-30 years before Europe moves on.

Looks like Johnson has come through for remainers ha! It's a good deal for remainers, and in Saturdays 'deal or no deal vote' it's clearly preferable to accept this deal over a clean break. Junkcer and friends will be gleefully toasting their win.

46 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

No doubt there's a few like this one - an anti EU stance based on 'the EU being a continuation of Germany by other means" There'd be a lot of people still alive who lived through WW2, and will never forget. Their kids may have been brainwashed too. At least some of the Brexit vote would have been based on this ideology.

Obviously I didn't bother listening to that but from my own experience of having a girlfriend from Berlin and meeting her entire family that's a load of wank. 

9 hours ago, Red Shift said:

All of Europe, except Little England, has long since moved on from WWII.  The EU has played a major part in that.

5 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Congratulations remainers; under the terms of the new Treaty "The UK cannot take any foreign policy action that is in conflict with EU foreign policy." I think we can safely say that the UK will still be in Europe.

Pretty difficult to move continents mate. Unheard of.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m not a religious man but I could be persuaded that there is a god if the Prime Minister was assassinated at some point in the next 24 hours.

That little bit of hope I ever had died with Crystal Palace's equaliser in 2014.

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I have a feeling this is the deal. DUP will get a bung. Labour MPs can fuck off if they vote for it too. 

DUP getting a bung to forget about the reason they exist? Nah, can't see them taking it. However I'm sure enough Labour MPs will vote this through.

Just now, skend04 said:

DUP getting a bung to forget about the reason they exist? Nah, can't see them taking it. However I'm sure enough Labour MPs will vote this through.

I hope you’re right about the DUP. It will take a hell of lot from Labour though. Like, many more than before. 

10 hours ago, Red Shift said:

All anecdotal, but it appears to me that most who lived through the Second World War are not in favour of Brexit. It's their children, like Hitchens, my mother-in-law or 'Dave from Little Sutton', who are most ardently pro-Brexit. It's like how the generation who fought in the war produced a film as subtle and well-rounded as Tora! Tora! Tora! while their children produced bellicose claptrap like Pearl Harbor. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, deiseach said:

All anecdotal, but it appears to me that most who lived through the Second World War are not in favour of Brexit. It's their children, like Hitchens, my mother-in-law or 'Dave from Little Sutton', who are most ardently pro-Brexit. It's like how the generation who fought in the war produced a film as subtle and well-rounded as Tora! Tora! Tora! while their children produced bellicose claptrap like Pearl Harbor. 

Your Mother In Law can go in the summer

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

A certain hateful little cunt not being struck by a lightning bolt on the touchline at Anfield the previous weekend, Shirley?

Our attack was so good then I had still secretly hoped we would put 7 goals past Palace.

44 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I hope you’re right about the DUP. It will take a hell of lot from Labour though. Like, many more than before. 

Yeah, I just don't know if that Labour for a deal crew can be trusted and then you have the usual crowd of Stringer and his motley crew too. Any Labour MP who votes to make his or her constituents poorer needs to be jibbed out of the party straight away. Win or lose the vote.

• Upvote 2