You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Guest Pistonbroke
27 minutes ago, Mudface said:

So it's basically exactly the same as what May tried to get away with a while back (early 2018?). With the same outcome, the DUP won't go along with it. What a waste of fucking time and skin Johnson is.

Johnson can lay the blame at the door of the DUP when he has to ask for an extension. Political games. 

Guest Pistonbroke

A new extension would see the Tories pushing for a GE in the hope they can win with a majority, they would then drop the DUP like a hot stone and just plough ahead however they wanted. They'll promise all sorts as is usual with those lying cunts then once Brexit is done and dusted (if it ever actually happens) they'll just dress up Austerity as Brexterity. 'You wanted Brexit, we delivered. We now have to tighten the budget for a brighter future, we're all in this together, yada yada yada' before fucking off to a Michelin star Restaurant for a nose bag. 

2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I believe it applies until a deal is agreed by parliament.

It only relates to an extension until the end of January 2020 doesn’t it?

No parliament can bind a future parliament. If they pass the extension until January and then have an election, which the Tories win, they can do whatever they like. Take us out with a no deal straight away if they want to and have a majority 

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/benn-act

5. The Act requires the secretary of state to publish further reports every 28 calendar days from 7 February 2020 until the UK reaches a deal with the EU – or the House of Commons decides it doesn’t need to.

It pretty much prevents a No Deal in this parliament for sure. But as Sugar says a new government could do away with it. If they have the numbers to repeal the act.

Guest Pistonbroke

(Not my work)

Apparently Dolly Johnson has been begging the DUP all morning. 

Alene, Alene, Arlene, ARLENE,

I'm begging on you please don't break my plan

Image may contain: 1 person

33 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I think it will go through. The Tory defects and the Kinnock-led faction of the Labour Party will vote for it. 

Its going to be close. The DUP and most of the opposition will vote against if the DUP don't support it.

But between now and Saturday, Operation threaten no deal will go into overdrive, so maybe, just maybe it will scrape though.

Notably we havent seen the legal text of the agreement, and I doubt we will until the very last second.

Edit: I suspect the opposition will push to attach a referendum to it. If thats agreed, then it will fly through Parliament.

Does anyone think a second referendum will have a similar outcome? I think a second referendum would be a landline to remain. I actually think if they held one again a week after the last one it would have been remain. 

That Boris rhetoric though ... Lets get Brexit done so we can focus on public issues blah blah blah. 

You mean blogging false help and hope to the masses whilst selling off the NHS and continuing the Tory tradition of opening the class gap. 

Funny how his affair has been swept under the carpet this week..... Also what happened to him wanting a No Deal for his billionaire bastards to get richer quick? 

Im hoping for a commons showdown on Saturday so I can sit back and watch him get ripped to shreds. 

Looks like the EU have got him by the balls knowing full well they look to have satisfied a deal knowing full well it won't get through. Again. 

• Upvote 1