You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

16 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Brexit "party" are starting to slag off Boris Johnson. Good news for Labour? If BJ can't deliver Brexit by the 31st, you'd like to think that the leave vote will start to split between Tories and Brexit and the migration of leave votes from Brexit to Tory will practically be wiped out?

Conversation

-40qYiif_bigger.jpg

The reality is we're not leaving on October 31st despite the good intentions of the Prime Minister. He is being prevented by the Parliamentary games being played in Westminster. The Brexit Party is campaigning for a clean-break Brexit. Boris can't deliver.

It's called democracy you Fascist cunt. Minority of people do not want a crash out and Parliament are working in their interests . 

Keep banging on about acting on the "will of the people" and giving them a voice, yet do everything possible to avoid scrutiny and push through whatever half-baked self-serving agenda they brainfarted while snorting another line of coke. The Prime Minister's official butt plug Kuennsberg and her ilk really need to be doing more to call certain individuals to task instead of helping to sweep things under the carpet.

I doubt the fat fuck will like being labelled the "Father of Lies" in the Supreme Court..

Afternoon summary

• The supreme court has been told that “the mother of parliaments [is] being shut down by the father of lies”. (See 4.12pm.) Aidan O’Neill QC, counsel for the SNP MP Joanna Cherry and the other parliamentarians challenging the government’s decision to suspend parliament for five weeks, delivered the jibe against Boris Johnson as he wound up his speech to the court this afternoon. As well as accusing Johnson of lying, O’Neill said Johnson and his government could not be trusted not to engage in “low, dishonest, dirty tricks”. (See 3.25pm.) O’Neill’s speech was easily the most passionate and outspoken of the four submissions heard so far by the court in this case, although at times there were hints that some of the judges were finding him unduly histrionic. With just one day left of the hearing, it is hard to assess which side is likely to win. O’Neill and his team do not seem to have persuaded the court that the five-week prorogation has fatally damaged the ability of parliament to scrutinise the Brexit process; the fact that MPs passed the Benn bill, supposedly stopping a no-deal Brexit on 31 October, during the September sitting seems to have worked as an effective argument against the claim that parliament has been silenced. But interventions from judges also suggest that they are open to the argument that the PM’s power to prorogue parliament should be subject to some constraints. (See 11.02am and 11.12am.) This has fuelled speculation that the court may deliver an equivocal ruling that might effectively amount to a “don’t do it again” warning to the prime minister. (See 12.24pm.) But that is pure speculation. No one knows.

19 minutes ago, M_B said:

Does that mean we can just fuck off over there without all the flamin visa bollocks mate? 

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

I doubt the fat fuck will like being labelled the "Father of Lies" in the Supreme Court..

Fucking Hell!  I hate the cunt, but even I'm not sure I'd stand up in court and describe him by one of the names of the Devil.

John 8:44 New International Version (NIV)

44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

19 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Fucking Hell!  I hate the cunt, but even I'm not sure I'd stand up in court and describe him by one of the names of the Devil.

John 8:44 New International Version (NIV)

44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

If the cap fits 

3 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Couldn't make this shit up...

The Government's case in the Supreme Court will be represented after lunch today, appropriately, by Lord Pannick!

Nice try but he is representing Gina Miller in her appeal. Lord Keen was the government advocate.  Roy Keane may have done a better bet from the reports I've read