You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

51 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The Labour MPs who defied Harriet Harman and voted against the whip to vote against the welfare bill.

Diane Abbot it is then.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jul/21/labour-disarray-welfare-48-mps-defy-whips

The full list of Labour rebels

Diane Abbott

Debbie Abrahams

David Anderson

Richard Burgon

Dawn Butler

Ann Clwyd

Jeremy Corbyn

Geraint Davies

Peter Dowd

Paul Flynn

Mary Glindon

Roger Godsiff

Helen Goodman

Margaret Greenwood

Louise Haigh

Carolyn Harris

Sue Hayman

Imran Hussain

Gerald Jones

Helen Jones

Sir Gerald Kaufman

Sadiq Khan

David Lammy

Ian Lavery

Clive Lewis

Rebecca Long Bailey

Andy McDonald

John McDonnell

Liz McInnes

Rob Marris

Rachael Maskell

Michael Meacher

Ian Mearns

Madeleine Moon

Grahame Morris

Kate Osamor

Teresa Pearce

Marie Rimmer

Paula Sherriff

Tulip Siddiq

Dennis Skinner

Cat Smith

Jo Stevens

Graham Stringer

David Winnick

Iain Wright

Daniel Zeichner

Kelvin Hopkins (Teller)

Clive Lewis is alright for me, Clive. No shame in his recent resignation over Brexit either for me, Clive. That said, the ‘for me, Clive’ shit would get boring pretty quickly for me, Clive. 

• Upvote 4

Christ

This is from the Daily Mail.

The Government has published its Operation Yellowhammer 'reasonable worst case planning assumptions' in the event of a no-deal Brexit, and they reveal there will NOT be food shortages.  

Redacted versions of the document released this evening outline how the country might be affected by a sudden departure from the EU, and when they were leaked earlier this year faced accusations of 'scaremongering'.

But the document released today show that there will not be food shortages in the event of a no deal exit from the European Union, but instead simply reduction in 'availability and choice of products'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7453605/Operation-Yellowhammer-documents-released-Downing-Street.html

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Clive Lewis is alright for me, Clive. No shame in his recent resignation over Brexit either for me, Clive. That said, the ‘for me, Clive’ shit would get boring pretty quickly for me, Clive. 

Yes, I quite like Lewis although he seems to have gone a bit more low-key since the sex-pest allegation which was subsequently dismissed.

Positives - His ' From tonight Blairism is dead ' comment & comments & voting re Austerity. TA Service in Afghanistan. 

Negatives - His Trident support ( Negative for me that is )

Could Go Either Way - seems to have a 'quirky' sense of humour re his comments about sex with Milliband and a goat & his ' On your knees bitch ' to that actor.

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

No problems with the water, mate. I’ll be able to wash my car. Just won’t be able to drive it to the shops. 

Not entirely true. Some places may go short of clean drinking water, but as long as they’re poor areas then hey ho - people in Africa get by with all sorts of pollution in their drinking water. Stiff upper lip and steady stomach.

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

Woah Woah Woah , Fuck that right off . I'll cope with all of the other indignities expected to be delivered by Brexit with a typical stiff upper-lip, but No Bacon = Pitchfork , Arizona.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Some people make it very difficult not to want them to get hit by a bus.

As long as there are certain things printed on the side of said bus I think it's entirely fair, at least for metaphorical purposes anyway.