You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

It also seems to get repeated without challenge that Johnson ' Won't be as useless as May on the campaign trail ' , whereas the last week or so suggests this is highly speculative. I suspect he won't be as cowardly in hiding away like May but there is no chance of him not committing a massive faux pas every few days of the campaign.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Haha. Yeah, right. 

Ha, silly me thinking he would turn from a spineless cunt into a cunt with a few principles, given his record. Good to see he's being destroyed in that thread, sad that this characterless waste of skin thinks his best bet of hanging on is to carry on lying.

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

It also seems to get repeated without challenge that Johnson ' Won't be as useless as May on the campaign trail ' , whereas the last week or so suggests this is highly speculative. I suspect he won't be as cowardly in hiding away like May but there is no chance of him not committing a massive faux pas every few days of the campaign.

I do hope if that he is still the Tory leader come the next GE he agrees to live debates, that will be pure popcorn time. 

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

He was plenty coward in the Tory leadership election. And it worked well for him. He less he opens his mouth, the more likeable he is. 

48 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

Rats deserting, rats jumping. Both of our main political parties are a mess, they both could split in two. Personally I wouldn't have an issue with that, then you could vote for one that actually stood for something instead of one that pretends to be something it is not.

It looks like all the people in the centre from both the Tories and labour are going to land in the lib Dems. 

• Upvote 1

I caught something on the news this morning which is worrying. I didn't catch it all, so may have misunderstood. But basically it said Johnson's new plan to leave without a deal is to ask for an extension like he's being forced to by parliament, then on Nov 1 the UK won't send a commissioner to the EU, which apparently compels the EU to kick us out. Dunno how realistic that is or if that is the rule the EU would need to abide by. But shocking none the less. I can't get my head past we need a vote of no confidence in the government, get Johnson out and find a way to form a unity government to get us through this before calling a GE. 

59 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I caught something on the news this morning which is worrying. I didn't catch it all, so may have misunderstood. But basically it said Johnson's new plan to leave without a deal is to ask for an extension like he's being forced to by parliament, then on Nov 1 the UK won't send a commissioner to the EU, which apparently compels the EU to kick us out. Dunno how realistic that is or if that is the rule the EU would need to abide by. But shocking none the less. I can't get my head past we need a vote of no confidence in the government, get Johnson out and find a way to form a unity government to get us through this before calling a GE. 

Wouldn't worry about stuff like that, it's men against boys now, the coalition against Johnson will have legal advice up the arse and the EU behind the scenes will be fully briefed and on-board. 

It was clear watching question time the other day, for the first time I can remember the other opposition parties weren't sticking the boot into labour. They were all going for Johnson the man and Cummings.

There's definitely some backstage choreography going on.

Watching Javed at the moment on Marr.  He really is quite disgusting. Muslim son of immigrants and he's done nothing but dispense grief to Muslims and immigrants. Will take any shitballs lobbed at him purely to advance his career. 

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Wouldn't worry about stuff like that, it's men against boys now, the coalition against Johnson will have legal advice up the arse and the EU behind the scenes will be fully briefed and on-board. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/07/mps-checked-with-eu-chiefs-over-brexit-delay-before-passing-bill

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It was clear watching question time the other day, for the first time I can remember the other opposition parties weren't sticking the boot into labour. They were all going for Johnson the man and Cummings.

Watching Javed at the moment on Marr.  He really is quite disgusting. Muslim son of immigrants and he's done nothing but dispense grief to Muslims and immigrants. Will take any shitballs lobbed at him purely to advance his career. 

Javid talks about his old man coming over to the UK with just £2 in his pocket but promotes an immigration policy which would have kept him out of the country. Even amongst Tories he's a special kind of cunt.

Amber Rudd being described as a moderate or one of the good ones, centrist etc. There are no moderate Tory MPs. Sacked over Windrush, labelled some of her constituents as moving to Hastings for Drugs and benefits sending people to their death at the DWP.  Rudd had a majority of 346 I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with her decision.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10391147.sussex-mp-blasted-for-drugs-comment/

Welcome to the Lib Dems Amber Rudd. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
9 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

He’ll just ruffle his hair and mumble incoherent shite and everyone will clap

Not if he's campaigning in Yorkshire was anything to go by mate. If he's in a friendly environment with prior planning he'll have them eating out of his hand as he delivers a scripted speech in his usual way. Outside of that bubble and when he's asked something on the spur of the moment he'll fall to bits. 

10 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Not if he's campaigning in Yorkshire was anything to go by mate. If he's in a friendly environment with prior planning he'll have them eating out of his hand as he delivers a scripted speech in his usual way. Outside of that bubble and when he's asked something on the spur of the moment he'll fall to bits. 

The Tories won't win the next election, I don't care what any polls say. 

May was light years ahead of Labour in 2017 polling but when the media was forced by purdah rules to give both parties fair and equal coverage Corbyn demolished her lead.

How anyone can pretend the Brexit party are a serious threat too judging by the fact Farage has been trying and failing to become an MP since the Backstreet Boys topped the charts is beyond me. They'll pick up a few votes from people's uncles who look like Jimmy Nail but that's about it. 

This government is finished. You can tell even the print media are starting to hedge their bets. I suspect some kind of coalition will replace it.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

The Tories won't win the next election, I don't care what any polls say. 

May was light years ahead of Labour in 2017 polling but when the media was forced by purdah rules to give both parties fair and equal coverage Corbyn demolished her lead.

How anyone can pretend the Brexit party are a serious threat too jdugubg by the fact Farage has been trying and failing to become an MP since the Back street Boys topped the charts is beyond me. They'll pick up a few votes from people's uncles who look like Jimmy Nail but that's about it. 

This government is finished. Suspect some kind of coalition will replace it.

Posted much the same last night. Polls mean little these days, less so in a General Election, especially if it's a high turnout. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I was just coming back here to talk about Marr this morning. You're right, Javed is a cunt, but I'm hoping not just people who vote for other parties could see this morning what a cunt he is. There are plenty of swing voters or those who sit to the left of the Tory party who must be disgusted by him. Marr was bang on though pushing him on the "will you have an election pact with farage and the brexit party" line. He wouldn't let him off with the "we don't need anybody" bullshit. Firstly, it was absolutely clear that they're considering a pact with farage. Secondly (which I'm surprised Marr didn't latch onto, but to be fair he was trying to get a yes/no), that the Tories saying they don't need anyone when they've been in coalition with the lib Dems and been propped up by the DUP is quite incredible! 

Then there was Rudd. I think it was great watching her dig Johnson/Cummings. She's clearly already lining herself up to be the next Tory leader, she wants to be the uniting figure. In the mean time it makes a real change to see them turn on each other. They often fight behind close doors, but when it comes down to it they rarely drag this into the public so clearly. 

Finally, I'm not a big fan of John McDonnell for lots of reasons, but mostly because he comes across as a patronising cunt. But I thought that was his best showing this morning and the clearest labour have been on brexit through this whole shite. 

All in all I felt this was a good morning for both the left and the aim to stop a no deal brexit. Roll on the next Tory minister to go. I do really wish we could see a no confidence vote tomorrow and Corbyn or someone can lead us through the next few weeks can for a government and then we get a GE. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Posted much the same last night. Polls mean little these days, less so in a General Election, especially if it's a high turnout. 

Apparently 100k registered to vote in the first couple of days of last week. They won't be voting Tory I suspect.

A lot of the next election will be about how the opposition parties play it. If lib dems and Labour do a deal to stay out of each other's way and come up with a Brexit alternative, even something mealy mouthed like a second referendum, they'll get rid of Johnson I have no doubt. 

The irony of politics in the States and UK is that even though the politics itself is as right wing as it's ever been, young people are going the other way. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Apparently 100k registered to vote in the first couple of days of last week. They won't be voting Tory I suspect.

A lot of the next election will be about how the opposition parties play it. If lib dems and Labour do a deal to stay out of each other's way and come up with a Brexit alternative, even something mealy mouthed like a second referendum, they'll get rid of Johnson I have no doubt. 

The irony of politics in the States and UK is that even though the politics itself is as right wing as it's ever been, young people are going the other way. 

The right wing is pushed in the media, younger people tend to use other outlets on-line to form an opinion on the current state of affairs. That article on the ex Australian PM going on about Murdoch which someone kindly posted was spot on. 

My old mate, Darren of Plymouth, from the previous page, is fast becoming my number one favourite Brexiteer account. He’s raising his own army. Try not to laugh at the back. If you want in his DM is open. Click to read the thread.