You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Jenson said:

The Brexit Party may be able to garner some leave votes in Labour areas but not enough to win any seats from Labour (imo).

The big thing for me is for the Labour Party not to let this GE become a proxy second referendum, and hammer home that the Tories are destroying this country Bexit or not. The NHS, education, foodbanks, universal credit, austerity, these are the issues that will win Labour seats.

That’s all well and good but you have to think that all those leave voters who don’t vote in GE’s but did turn out for the referendum will do so again. I think it will become a proxy second referendum like you said, and there’s not much that can be done about it. 

The majority of long-standing Labour voters will vote Labour. The ‘once in a lifetime voters’ so to speak that were fooled by the Leave campaign lies will come out again and vote for the Tories or the Brexit party based on that one issue. The media will see to that. 

Hopefully enough younger people that weren’t old enough to vote in the referendum have been inspired and energised to vote Labour but I’m not convinced. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Looks like the Tory rebels have told BoJo to fuck off and the opposition parties have agreed not to back a GE. Let's see what the Labour rebels do later. Hoey, Stringer and Flint are cunts and I wouldn't trust them not to fuck this up.

She has said she will vote with the government. Also did not rule out standing as an independent/Brexit party candidate at the next election.

Corbyn and his team can't help themselves, talking about an election in his post-meeting statement. An election will solve fuck all. He needs to wind his neck in and not let Johnson off the hook, the sheer lunacy of an election now will see us end up with Johnson in office for another 5 years. Absolute Muppet.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

She has said she will vote with the government. Also did not rule out standing as an independent/Brexit party candidate at the next election.

Fuck her, her voting record is atrocious for a ‘labour’ MP. 

Although I’m sure she’s previously said she wouldn’t stand at the next GE. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Amazes me the amount of people who still love Farage in the UK. But that is the crux of the problems we face in the political World we live in these days. Most people aren't arsed about it until some Nazi money grabbing wank stain like Farage comes along and aligns himself to their views. 

14 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Amazes me the amount of people who still love Farage in the UK. But that is the crux of the problems we face in the political World we live in these days. Most people aren't arsed about it until some Nazi money grabbing wank stain like Farage comes along and aligns himself to their views. 

In fairness I think his popularity is more media driven, I don’t know anyone who can stand him

2 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

He legitimately just said “I will never surrender” in the commons.

A young toff’s wet dream brought to life.

Just marvellous stuff. What a dignified nation we have become.

Thats all he can sell his ideology to the working class who he needs to vote tory. Appeal to the great old war sprit. Unfortunately the thick racist twats will lap it up. 

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

In fairness I think his popularity is more media driven, I don’t know anyone who can stand him

Enough do mate. Reality may dawn come election time when FPTP stops Farage and whichever shit party he is in fails to get too many seats if any at all, but don't kid yourself about the level of support the wanker has. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I'd expect many more Churchill type references over his tenure at 'House Mordor.' The cunt is just playing to the crowds who love reminiscing about shitty times long past, easy to do when you weren't the poor bastard stuck in a Trench with bullets flying over your head. Probably why these fuckers are fine with war as long as they ain't involved themselves. 

49 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Corbyn and his team can't help themselves, talking about an election in his post-meeting statement. An election will solve fuck all. He needs to wind his neck in and not let Johnson off the hook, the sheer lunacy of an election now will see us end up with Johnson in office for another 5 years. Absolute Muppet.

Imagine, an Opposition leader talking about getting rid of a Government with no majority. 

Worra cunt.

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'd expect many more Churchill type references over his tenure at 'House Mordor.' The cunt is just playing to the crowds who love reminiscing about shitty times long past, easy to do when you weren't the poor bastard stuck in a Trench with bullets flying over your head. Probably why these fuckers are fine with war as long as they ain't involved themselves. 

Churchill was one of of the prime movers of post-war European unity and his grandson is an MP who opposes Johnson's No-Deal. 

'Surrender', it's appalling language and really reveals the populist (fascist) mindset. Despite all the kudos of what a brilliant strategist Cummings is, it does rather look like a dying government with two pretty awful general election routes available. Go before Brexit and be consumed by Farage or go after a no-deal Brexit and risk an election during a national crisis. On the assumption Labour fall for it that is?