You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Rebecca Long Bailey on the BBC was awful.  Just parroting lines. 

I heard most of that and I thought she was fine. They were trying to trip her up asking why Labour's policy wanted to ignore all those that voted for Brexit blah blah blah. Shite interviewing that only deserved soundbite responses. They can't go off this line because the media are happy to muddy the waters on what is actually a very clear policy line.

16 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If he wins, yes.  He has circumvented the truth and democracy to get this far; we'll see whether he can carry it on to absolute power.

He's done well all right. He can look forward next month to blaming his political enemies for whatever transpires. He'll no doubt be creative in his description of them, something like 'the November criminals'.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I can't believe the cunt will get away with with this. Seriously want to smash his face in with a brick. 

If we have a snap election and the tories win, he will end up being more hated than thatcher and there will be a revolution in the streets. 

If you strike him down he will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

18 hours ago, M_B said:

Interesting move by Boris to threaten to remove the Tory whip from rebellers when he has a majority of 1.

It seems pretty clear to me. They see the bit this week as a confidence vote, which in turn will trigger an election. He wants remain MPs out and replaced with right wing nut jobs who'll support his crash out of Europe. 

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think they care, I don't think they care about Scotland either (possibly one of the reasons Davidson has jumped ship). They probably view both as having very little impact on the Tory party's fortunes in the coming years (they'd probably be right). 

Jettisoning Scotland would also be a huge blow to Labour, as being able to take it back would be probably the only way it'll ever get a decent majority in Parliament again.

Losing Scotland would be great for the Tories as England is pretty much blue, I don't see anything other ever than a Tory government in a parliament without the jocks. 

6 hours ago, Boss said:

Say what you want about Johnson but this is masterful politicking.

In what way? Like Hitler was masterful in the 30s? 

I think being impressed by this little dictator is the equivalent of finding Anne Widdecombe fuckable, and just as nauseating. "I don't want an election - YOU don't want an election!" Hitler told his population what they 'wanted', told his critics that his opponents were to blame for domestic problems, promised a redistribution of wealth only after a period of struggle and sacrifice (a war with the world) and would eradicate his political opponents.

Tomorrow belongs to me. Can't fucking wait. 

22 minutes ago, Boss said:

He's corralled every side into doing exactly what he wanted them to do.

Well this is politics so expect some strange twists and turns. Johnson may believe he has them right where he wants them, but there are some pretty decent politicians on the other side and they may be luring him into a trap. This is why I said it would be an interesting week.

It's a shame that some on here feel that they can decide you're the reason for this mess, that they can throw childish insults around. One of the reasons I rarely post much in here as there are some decent political threads on other forums where having a difference of opinion is seen as a good thing for discussion, not an excuse for abuse. Some (not all) in here would love to have an echo chamber. I love that this forum is so free in many ways, but sometimes it could do with someone to tell a few people to grow the fuck up. 

2 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

Well this is politics so expect some strange twists and turns. Johnson may believe he has them right where he wants them, but there are some pretty decent politicians on the other side and they may be luring him into a trap. This is why I said it would be an interesting week.

It's a shame that some on here feel that they can decide you're the reason for this mess, that they can throw childish insults around. One of the reasons I rarely post much in here as there are some decent political threads on other forums where having a difference of opinion is seen as a good thing for discussion, not an excuse for abuse. Some (not all) in here would love to have an echo chamber. I love that this forum is so free in many ways, but sometimes it could do with someone to tell a few people to grow the fuck up. 

Why don’t you grow the fuck up?

Looks like an election next month is on the cards.

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Why don’t you grow the fuck up?

Looks like an election next month is on the cards.

I'm beyond help. 

Hasn't Blair warned Corbyn that the tories would win with a decent majority? Maybe Blair has some spare votes the can offer Corbyn that have been hidden with the WMDs all this time.

Hours earlier, Mr Blair had appealed for Mr Corbyn not to support an election. 

Speaking in London, the former PM said Mr Johnson knew that he would probably lose a referendum on whether the UK should crash out at the end of October.

But he warned that an election would be a much greater risk and Mr Johnson could win a 'comfortable majority'.

Nobody deserves another 5 years of tory rule. 

31 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Farage saying he will only support the Tories if they campaign for a no deal Brexit.

If Johnson goes down that route I can see a Tory/Brexit party coalition. If not I can see a Labour/Lib Dem SNP coalition.  

I genuinely don't understand this

How can there be a Tory/Brexit coalition if The Brexit Party don't have any MP's?

4 minutes ago, Special K said:

I genuinely don't understand this

How can there be a Tory/Brexit coalition if The Brexit Party don't have any MP's?

Targeting labour constituencies where there is a large leave vote, the tories could not contest and see if a Brexit candidate could take it from Labour. In that scenario the Brexit Party could theoretically gain a decent number of seats if the boffins are right. 

But shit, 5 more years of the tories with a decent majority. God help us. 

Just now, Champions of Europe said:

Targeting labour constituencies where there is a large remain vote, the tories could not place a candidate and see if a Brexit candidate could take it from Labour. In that scenario the Brexit Party could theoretically gain a decent number of seats if the boffins are right. 

Thanks. Makes sense unfortunately