You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Same as Germany, many companies seeing it as their top choice. I believe over 100 companies from the UK alone have registered in Holland already. Germany have also had a load, along with France, Belgium and Ireland. The Japanese companies (others will also be looking into things) are looking at setting up in Holland and Germany. 

Probably half of them have links to that twat Rees Mogg 

6 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

The EU will take a small, short term, hit. The UK will fall off a cliff.

I dont think so, the eu will take a small hot, we will imo take a medium sided hit. 

As the old sailers say,  'After the storm comes the calm'

And then we'll swap EU control for US control when they dictate our trade and foreign policy. The idea we'll be free to do what we like is laughable. The US will strip us of our social system, workers rights and assets like an abandoned car in Rhyl. 10 days annual holiday, private health care, Monsanto controlled GM crops, bankruptcy over health insurance costs, chlorinated industrialized meat, armed police and capital punishment here we come.

Still, the rich will be fine and the rest of us will be on opioids.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, M_B said:

And then we'll swap EU control for US control when they dictate our trade and foreign policy. The idea we'll be free to do what we like is laughable. The US will strip us of our social system, workers rights and assets like an abandoned car in Rhyl. 10 days annual holiday, private health care, Monsanto controlled GM crops, bankruptcy over health insurance costs, chlorinated industrialized meat, armed police and capital punishment here we come.

Still, the rich will be fine and the rest of us will be on opioids.

Toothian.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I dont think so, the eu will take a small hot, we will imo take a medium sided hit. 

The sad thing is you believe the shite you type. You probably get all het up about the patriotic posts about times long past. Wake up and smell the coffee beans. 

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I'll listen to old sailors when I want advice on sailing. When I want to know about the economy, I'll listen to economists; and they are just about unanimous that a No Deal Brexit will cost tens of thousands of jobs and the effects will last for decades. Also, people will die as a result of disruption to the supply of medicines and there is a strong risk of a return to violence in Ireland. 

As ever, the richest will be insulated from this, as the poorest and most vunerable will be hit hardest.

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, Moo said:

I expect Bercow will put a time limit for each contribution in the Commons, however he has no say in the Lords. 

That's only a short term thing though, voting to leave the EU was to stop unelected people having any control over our politics the Lords and the Monarchy will be disbanded as soon as we leave. We will also see strict press controls so that the papers can only publish facts and not twist them to give their own opinions and try to sway their readers into thinking the way they want them. 

20 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

When they agreed to the last extension Tusk explicitly stated the EU would never force the UK to leave, and that if the latter left with No Deal it not only would but must be of their own volition.

This would be in keeping with that, so I wouldn’t be surprised.

It will never be reported as such, it will solely be bullshit about how the EU are fucking us over, because as you well know you fucking luvvie, the EU are responsible for every bad thing that has ever happened in the UK. Apart from the stuff Labour are responsible for of course. 

All you need to know is that nothing bad that has ever happened here is down to the Tories. They have never made any mistakes ever. 

14 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

I remember when this all kicked off just after the vote and we mentioned the fact it was easy for the financial/banking/insurance sector just to close up and move their business abroad, yet a few on here called us fannies and it wouldn't happen. 

The City of London is pretty much independent of the UK and is the money laundering capital of the world. I suspect the people involved in that side will stay or at least keep a lot of their operation here as they are going to get even more leeway than they get now. 

I'm sure that the rules to cut down on corporate tax loop holes which came into effect this year had no relation whatsoever to the way people like ex investment banker Nigel Farage wanted to leave.

One of the things that stood out in the Leave campaign was all of the "we could have less regulated banking". That's a strange one as most of the Conversative party said the financial crisis was because Gordon Brown relaxed the rules on banks too much. But they now say leaving the EU means we can do that and that's a good thing.

It's almost enough to make you think that they're actually all just a bunch of lying two faced self-serving cunts. 

• Upvote 2