You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Boss said:

Well you clearly don't know him then.

Yes, and i believe you are right.  I do believe you and i am probably in the wrong, if so i apologise, but ive had some nasty below the belt nonsense thrown my way over this issue, make no mistake about that.  Ive been slurred as racist; and it hurts, im not racist, i may be a thick cunt with an outspoken view but i hate racism. I fucking detest it. Its one of the reasons im against the du; it imo gives an undlfair advantage to people who maybe do not deserve it.

• Upvote 1

Apology accepted Gnasher, cheers. For my part I’m perfectly happy to concede you’re merely a thick cunt with an outspoken view rather than a racist.

For the record, I went to one of the worst performing schools in the country and don’t have a university education.

I’m also a complete cunt.

16 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Apology accepted Gnasher, cheers. For my part I’m perfectly happy to concede you’re merely a thick cunt with an outspoken view rather than a racist.

For the record, I went to one of the worst performing schools in the country and don’t have a university education.

Thank you lizzie. I am sorry, dont want to come over as a low life bigot who hates french fries and choiw mein pot noodles.

Sorry for thinking you went to a top university and were  super de dupa intelligent.

Im sure there are a fee spelling mistakes in this post for you to pick through and call me an illiterate cunt.

People should imo take into account that generations grow up.with different view,s, outlooks  and opinions than the ones in the modern day. Ie. The world of Benn, Foot etc in the labour movement were a lot more anti eu than the present members of parlement. I think Corbyn understands this as he is also from that time and sees both the pros and cons of the eu.  The last thing i want is a boris no deal

. However If Corbyn was prime minister i honestly believe we could have left the eu with a fair deal on all sides.

3 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

We know a song about that don't we children?

13 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Oh i will tell you what i think a luvvie like you consists of, if thats what your post means.

Dont worry about that. I got loads of these...

1.   A luvvie is  a person who uses his university funded intelligence to sneer at those he feels are now below him.The person in question imo should try to use the gifts given to him/her to raise people up and respect other peoples lives and opinions, instead of acting a snotty nosed little cunt.

So... Every single leader of the Leave campaign, then.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Gnasher said:

You posted a right on luvvie link lizzie, well done, bang on,  care to comment on the report bellow that immigration hurts the lowest paid and most vunerable in society most? 

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/the-labour-market-effects-of-immigration/

Where is your empaphy now?

That's a useful link (if a bit dry and dull) and I'd recommend everyone reads it carefully. 

The evidence in that link isn't as clear-cut as the headline you give it every time you post it. The negative impacts for lower-paid workers (and the positive impacts for higher-paid workers) are, according to that link, small, temporary and uncertain. 

What's not in that link is the impact of UK labour laws. I would argue that those negatve impacts would be reduced significantly  (or even reversed) if we give more rights - equal rights - to all workers, local and migrant alike.

Apparently, Gordon Brown has addressed a conference and said that the EU will, at some time next week, approach the UK government and suggest that the default exit date of 31st October should be suspended/removed. 

This would put the focus back on Johnson and would change the entire context of an automatic 'falling out" on the 31st from an unavoidable default position to a position that Johnson et al had actively accepted. 

A clever tactic? Stops Johnson from blaming the EU if there's a no deal exit on the 31st as he had other options. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

The coordinated spectacle of Rees-Mogg and co filibustering for hours about things like new housing projects, while we accelerate at a cliff edge, will definitely not be unedifying.

I expect Bercow will put a time limit for each contribution in the Commons, however he has no say in the Lords.