You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Childish and baseless.

Any examples of Corbyn being short-sighted, narrow-minded and egocentric? Or are you just hoping that "I know you are, but what am I" is an appropriate level of discourse?

Do I need to explain? It was clearly a joke, made possible by the phrasing of your post and your position on Corbyn, which even follows a countless time used joke structure on this forum. 

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

Do I need to explain? It was clearly a joke, made possible by the phrasing of your post and your position on Corbyn, which even follows a countless time used joke structure on this forum. 

Fair enough.  I'm just in a shitty mood whenever I think of this. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/07/labour-prefers-election-to-unity-government-to-stop-hard-brexit

A GE doesn't prevent No Deal. Jesus, Labour are fucking dumb. This stance will allow BoJo to run down the clock. I can't see who in Parliament would back a Corbyn-led government, without an election, either.

Yeah I don't like the look of that either. The best solution could be giving the PM position to an MP that's not Tory or Labour, and with the agreement (that's also voted on) that the entire thing disbands after no deal is averted. Then they can get back to arguing and wondering who's actually going to run the country with an election. If Labour pass that up because they simply don't want to enter any unity government for the sake of it, then I can't see how it's not going to damage them.

I want Corbyn to pull off what seems impossible and become PM, but this could piss a lot of people off and I don't like it. Fair enough that they don't want a Tory leading it but I think they should be more open to another party's MP doing it and temporarily.

The Guardian says this :

Experts have cautioned that the prime minister would still remain in control of the timetable even if the government lost a confidence vote. Catherine Haddon, a senior fellow at the Institute for Government thinktank, told the Times that nothing in the Fixed-term Parliaments Act required a prime minister to resign on losing a vote of no confidence.

“In terms of a strict reading of the legislation, Boris is not required to resign. It is completely silent on all of this,” she said. “The onus is on the incumbent prime minister – they get to choose whether they resign. If they do not it is hard for a new government to be formed without dragging the Queen into politics.”

So looks like we could be leaving with no deal and with no way of avoiding it apart from if the Queen says he should leave? Then what? Boris and the right wingers vs the Royals? So if a PM ever goes full on insane they can't even vote him or her out, this country just continually gets better doesn't it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, moof said:

I find that bizarre and genuinely confused at her for the first time I think, I suppose if she's after trolling right wing cavemen she's at least going the right way about it.  It can't be that hard though for some MP's to get in touch with enough members of parliament to at least work out for certainty if they have a majority agreed with blocking it.

If they do the next bit I'd have thought would've been arguing about who takes temporary lead if the government goes down. But even this isn't clear now after reading that if a vote of no confidence passes the PM doesn't even have to step down.

Sounds great that. Maybe Boris could just sit around on the couch at number 10 watching tv, films, and playing games until Halloween arrives, then go out dressed up as Dracula to celebrate no deal.

Why the cunts have to pick my fave day of the year for their shit brexit date I have no idea.

Look at the fucking state of these recesses. Several of them are simply named after the months they're taken in with no idea as to why they have them from reading. Maybe someone should propose that they have a break in June for E3 as well. If the plebs had this many breaks in a year from work the elites would be bouncing off the upper atmosphere with rage. https://www.parliament.uk/about/faqs/house-of-commons-faqs/business-faq-page/recess-dates/

20 minutes ago, SasaS said:

If the plebs could set their own breaks they would have that many too.

Yep, would be great, would be good if some of the clown MP's would try helping with this too. Set a few holidays in the year for all workers and tell the corporation owners to fuck off if they have a problem with it, or to draw a bit of cash out of one of their havens if it makes them short.

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Look at the fucking state of these recesses. Several of them are simply named after the months they're taken in with no idea as to why they have them from reading. Maybe someone should propose that they have a break in June for E3 as well. If the plebs had this many breaks in a year from work the elites would be bouncing off the upper atmosphere with rage. https://www.parliament.uk/about/faqs/house-of-commons-faqs/business-faq-page/recess-dates/

You do understand that just because they're not at Parliament, it doesn't mean they're not doing anything, yes?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

You do understand that just because they're not at Parliament, it doesn't mean they're not doing anything, yes?

I knew the conference one was clearly not time off, but wasn't thinking so much of the others. And seeing as I don't know am gonna assume they're just lounging around. The only way I'll be convinced is if you account for every MP doing something during every break in the last year. I want lists, charts, articles, etc.