You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

I wonder how much money is given in farm subsidies to land owners that dont produce anything. What percentage of land is owned by lords or some kind of policy makers or influencers. The whole farming system itself needs a massive shake up. Most ordinary people want a steady income that can pay the bills, if another country pays a lot more for a basic skill you have or job you can do, you see people move abroad to do it.

Generally speaking people will follow the money the British working class are not snobs they live in an expensive country, why bother with a job if it doesn't cover even the basics. You're family is here, there's no nest egg to send home on fruit picking money. Exaggerate it a lot like but if it turned out France was paying 80 quid an hour for fruit pickers you'd see a lot of British amongst the rest picking fruit in France. It has to make personal economic sense.  In Cuba you have brain surgeons and architects driving taxis or working as tourists guides on the side because they can earn far more in tips than their salary provides. It's a fucked up situation but there's no snobbery because as much as it may be demeaning to someone whose put so much work and talent into becoming a skilled surgeon they will do it because it makes sense financially.

Personally let the fucking fruit rot, people will either want it or not, the less that's produced the more it will cost. Supply and demand will dictate it's success. We probably waste tonnes upon tonnes. This isn't me being anti low skilled immigrant either. Just seems people want a pay rise they're being greedy if people won't work for peanuts they're too choosy. Reminds me of that cartoon of the guy on the mountain of cash pointing at the man asking for more telling him he's greedy.

I don't get why people are so angry with the EU when it's our government that's fucked things up and shit on people for so long. Our parliament is ancient shite it needs power jet hosing and built a new, the world has changed dramatically.

Choosy is that even a word, doesn't look right.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
35 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I don't get why people are so angry with the EU when it's our government that's fucked things up and shit on people for so long. Our parliament is ancient shite it needs power jet hosing and built a new, the world has changed dramatically.

Wages aren't set by the EU anyway, it is purely down to Employers. Minimum wages are down to Governments. People should just be honest, they are pissed off because they believe foreigners are taking their jobs, jobs they don't want to do for the money on offer. That's not down to freedom of movement, or the EU, but how Governments and Employers abuse things. 

Our daughter is still studying, doing her masters in Psychology. She's moved out and lives with her boyfriend but obviously needs to pay the bills. She works in the University to earn money and also tops it up doing summer jobs. She's selling fucking Spargel (asparagus) and Strawberries from a stand a few days a week and gets €9 an hour! It's money for old rope. 

48 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I wonder how much money is given in farm subsidies to land owners that dont produce anything. What percentage of land is owned by lords or some kind of policy makers or influencers. The whole farming system itself needs a massive shake up. Most ordinary people want a steady income that can pay the bills, if another country pays a lot more for a basic skill you have or job you can do, you see people move abroad to do it.

Generally speaking people will follow the money the British working class are not snobs they live in an expensive country, why bother with a job if it doesn't cover even the basics. You're family is here, there's no nest egg to send home on fruit picking money. Exaggerate it a lot like but if it turned out France was paying 80 quid an hour for fruit pickers you'd see a lot of British amongst the rest picking fruit in France. It has to make personal economic sense.  In Cuba you have brain surgeons and architects driving taxis or working as tourists guides on the side because they can earn far more in tips than their salary provides. It's a fucked up situation but there's no snobbery because as much as it may be demeaning to someone whose put so much work and talent into becoming a skilled surgeon they will do it because it makes sense financially.

Personally let the fucking fruit rot, people will either want it or not, the less that's produced the more it will cost. Supply and demand will dictate it's success. We probably waste tonnes upon tonnes. This isn't me being anti low skilled immigrant either. Just seems people want a pay rise they're being greedy if people won't work for peanuts they're too choosy. Reminds me of that cartoon of the guy on the mountain of cash pointing at the man asking for more telling him he's greedy.

Choosy is that even a word, doesn't look right.

Can someone beam this post onto the houses of parliament permanently please 

All of it. 

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

There’s actual merit in protectionism. What I find most baffling is that it has come from the UK and the US. You lot have toppled loads of governments around the world for implementing protectionist policies.

I don't think hypocrisy is something either country is too concerned about.

Who would have guessed Farage's grubby mitts would be all over this.

Scotland Yard risked being dragged into a politically charged row over Sir Kim Darroch’s emails after a teenager working for the Brexit Party said he was the middleman who obtained the classified documents.

Steven Edginton, 19, who runs the Brexit Party’s social media feeds, insisted he passed the documents to the political journalist Isabel Oakeshott.

Mr Edginton, who also describes himself as a freelance journalist, said he did not want his name on the articles, subsequently published in the mail on Sunday, “to avoid possible controversy”.

But the key role of Mr Edginton in the leak will cause problems for the Metropolitan Police and for intelligence agencies in what is already a highly sensitive investigation.

It raises the prospect of counter-terrorism officers having to raid the home of a Brexit Party official to try to get to the origin of the leak.Such a move would risk a political furore.

One well-placed source said: “This inquiry is already so sensitive and Steve Edginton’s involvement complicates that.”

A senior Government minister warned that raiding the Brexit Party - or anybody connected with it - was hugely problematic. “A political party’s computers would have to be seized,” said the minister, “Nobody is going to do that.”

36 minutes ago, Mudface said:

You dumb bastard.

You thick twat.

You immeasurably stupid, retarded fuckwit cunt.

Fuck you, and fuck the fucks like you that are gagging to make things worse for everyone.

34 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Sorry, that was for Gnasher. 

I hate him.

I know the feeling, but I'm a bit more zen now. He's transparently thick, so he is never going to persuade anyone who actually votes to agree with his dangerous wrongness. He's as harmless as he is gormless. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, viRdjil said:

How’s the Brexit party going? Led by a man who wants to replace the NHS with private insurance. 

Hopefully not to well,

As for the conservatives, the number of Britannia Unchained psychos Johnson has lined up for senior ministerial posts really worry me, this could easily be the most far right government in terms of both social policy and economics that we've had for a generation.