You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Looks like the Electoral Commission will be knocking round Chez Farridge in the next day or so. 

Electoral Commission launches urgent probe of Brexit Party funding as Farage denies wrongdoing https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/electoral-commission-launches-urgent-probe-of-brexit-party-funding-as-farage-denies-wrongdoing/20/05/

24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Looks like the Electoral Commission will be knocking round Chez Farridge in the next day or so. 

Electoral Commission launches urgent probe of Brexit Party funding as Farage denies wrongdoing https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/electoral-commission-launches-urgent-probe-of-brexit-party-funding-as-farage-denies-wrongdoing/20/05/

Man of the Paypal as Gordon Brown called him today

15 hours ago, Mudface said:

No one needs steel, we can use Brexit unicorns' horns instead.

Oh come on, we can just reverse engineer the stuff they make UFO's out of instead and use that. There's no need to make things more complicated than they already are.

I'm kind of glad that my city isn't particularly well liked by a lot of people in this shitty horribly country.....She's so knowledgeable as regards Brexit that she doesn't even recognise this fuckwit was one of the architects of this shitshow  

Just a pity we have to be part of it....

Haha, was just gonna link that too. Love the way it cuts off when she asks how much the BBC has been paid to promote the EU. Maybe she said some more about the BBC after that too and they weren't into sharing it.

Clip lasts 3 and a half mins, as soon as the BBC becomes the subject it's finished within 10 seconds!

13 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

A quick voyage around the No-Deal Brexit Party.

[Spoiler - They're generally not good people.]

https://medium.com/@SJHolloway/this-is-everything-i-discovered-about-all-of-the-brexit-party-mep-candidates-2a59f8f850c5

Makes it even more worrying that they are waiting until after the election to announce their policies. 

Amazing how the anti Brexit BBC haven't asked their wonderful leader about these candidates, despite the fact he has been on virtually every day declaring that his party is from the masses of ordinary people. 

13 minutes ago, SasaS said:

How come Farage is so popular with the (I guess former) Trotskyists?

I  don't know but I would imagine it is simply Trotskyists or whichever label are anti EU as a neoliberal anti workers experiment. They want out of the EU and the only way they see of expressing this in the EU elections is to support the Brexit party. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I would imagine one of the reasons the Brexit party has no manifesto/policies is due to the fact that the Trotskyists are opposed to a lot of the policies Farage will want his party to adopt. 

As an aside, I have had asked lots of times (whilst chatting to people) how can Labour voters, who would never vote Tory, vote for a party (UKIP at the time) that is to the right of the Tories, idolises Thatcher, is anti trade union and wants to privatise the NHS ? The answer is normally along the lines of "yes but the EU..."

To me it is the same, UKIP/BREXIT party is seen as a single issue and people (Trotskyists) support that and do not care about their other policies, maybe because they don't believe they will ever be in a position to implement them.

2 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I  don't know but I would imagine it is simply Trotskyists or whichever label are anti EU as a neoliberal anti workers experiment. They want out of the EU and the only way they see of expressing this in the EU elections is to support the Brexit party. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I would imagine one of the reasons the Brexit party has no manifesto/policies is due to the fact that the Trotskyists are opposed to a lot of the policies Farage will want his party to adopt. 

As an aside, I have had asked lots of times (whilst chatting to people) how can Labour voters, who would never vote Tory, vote for a party (UKIP at the time) that is to the right of the Tories, idolises Thatcher, is anti trade union and wants to privatise the NHS ? The answer is normally along the lines of "yes but the EU..."

To me it is the same, UKIP/BREXIT party is seen as a single issue and people (Trotskyists) support that and do not care about their other policies, maybe because they don't believe they will ever be in a position to implement them.

The one thing that all MEPs are unable to implement is Brexit; that's one of many baffling and annoying things about the Farridgist surge.

1 hour ago, Seasons said:

So, the Brexit party is just a collection of lads who were last to be picked in footy. Gimp XI in real form. 

I was always last to be picked at footy and I voted against Brexit, you sterotyper you.