You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

But its true. You are directly employed by the eu and you have a covent of posters who follow your every word. When was the last time anyone on this page dared to give a difference to  your opinions?

Erm... the Boss ages posts ago? Are you living in a world where people are scared of AoT?

56 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Did you have a stroke midway through those posts, Dad?

Ha it looks like i did. Sorry Lissie only leg pulling, here's  one for you and angry after the no vote.

You must admit this ones a cracker.

Happy Easter.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Ha it looks like i did. Sorry Lissie only let polling, here's  one for you and angry after the no vote.

You must admit this ones a cracker.

Happy Easter.

It’s a beauty mate.

Have always preferred this one though.

The EU introducing baseline rights for casualised workers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/eu-workers-rights-gig-economy-uber-deliveroo-training-a8874561.html

Stuff like this and the tightening of laws against tax-dodging are the real motives for the loudest and most influential of the Leave campaigners. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Hold on. So you’d take leaving for a JC government despite commenting on virtually every page saying it’d be a disaster.  

Leaving the EU - even on Labour's terms - would leave the UK poorer  (in terms of GDP) and leave it's citizens with fewer rights. You'd have to be fucking nuts to vote for that.

Leaving the Tories in power would impoverish, endanger and disenfranchise millions of UK citizens to an even greater degree. Leaving the EU with those racist neoliberal extremists in charge would be an absolute disaster.

As it happens, I think Gnash's idea that the Leave vote helps left-wingers to get rid of the Tories is the opposite of the truth.  I'm still hoping for a Labour Government keeping us in the EU. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SasaS said:

If you had a choice of staying in the EU, but with Conservatives in power, or leaving (May's deal or worse), but getting the Labour government, what would you choose?

I'd only consider leaving if it was with a Labour Government and on Labour’s terms  (i.e. keeping many of the benefits of remaining). I couldn't support a Labour Party that would agree to May's terms or worse.