You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Boss said:

I'm saying if you follow Marxist doctrine to it's logical conclusion you end up with the Khmer Rouge. The Khmer Rouge enslaved the bourgeoisie. They put the proletariat in positions of power. They abolished the Capitalist means of production. They created a wealth re-distribution strata. They stripped all culture and economic disparity in favour of the collective - as Marx predicted to get human beings back in touch with their humanity. They achieved true abolishment of the division of labour and individualism. They followed Marx's teachings to his end goal of utopian communist proletarian society.

The Great Leap Forward and Year Zero were the same thing. It was a perfect approximation of his doctrine to set both countries on course for Marx's end goal. The fact that it caused so many millions of deaths is testament to it's folly. 

I'm saying... you've never read Marx, so you're not qualified to make daft statements like that.

Thousands of workers' movements, political parties and trade unions around the world over the last century and a half have been founded and led by people who have read Marx; movements inspired by  (their interpretation of) what Marx wrote.

Are you saying that only genocidal, murderous twats like Pol Pot and Mao got it right and that all the non-murderers misunderstood what they read?

7 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm saying... you've never read Marx, so you're not qualified to make daft statements like that.

Thousands of workers' movements, political parties and trade unions around the world over the last century and a half have been founded and led by people who have read Marx; movements inspired by  (their interpretation of) what Marx wrote.

Are you saying that only genocidal, murderous twats like Pol Pot and Mao got it right and that all the non-murderers misunderstood what they read?

You can mock all you want, It doesn't make any of the things I've said less true. 

19 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm saying that was clear as fuck from his 'follow Marxism to it's logical conclusion' line, which is a common phrase used by a subset of people. You should stop parroting that shit, Boss. It's completely wrong. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

It doesn’t make them untrue; it demonstrates that they are untrue.

If you'd like to elaborate on why, i'm all ears. Please stick to the topic discussed though. Namely Mao, Marx and the Khmer Rouge.