You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, Boss said:

I'm not accusing him of anything. I'm just saying these things are commonplace. If you seriously think British people will not pick fruit for £10 an hour, then you're crazy. That's £2500 a month. £30,000 a year to pick fruit. 

Only if you work 57 hours a week it is 

8 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Tell you what, this mark Francois cunt, where did he come from? I'd not heard of him till the last few weeks. He is everything that is wrong with right wing Tories. He's not been off the telly the last couple of weeks. 

His nicknames at school we’re Deutsche and the Frog which is why he hates Europe.

11 hours ago, magicrat said:

Just come out Francois has been turned down for French passport. He's now applying for an Irish one.

Must be changing his name to Mark O'Francois . Cunning or what

Most of the prominent Brexiteers have evacuated or are trying/have tried to. Farage got caught enquiring after a German passport via his ex-wife just a few days after the result.

22 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Here's a Leave-voting fruit farmer, hoping we can get enough exploitable labour from Russia or Ukraine to compensate for the EU citizens he voted to drive away.

Things like this honestly cheer me right up. Fuck him, the fucking thick cunt. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

The classy and dignified Francois and various other ERG assholes busily trashing what little remains of our reputation by threatening to act the cunt if there's a long extension. Bunch of petulant children.

I'm confused. What have they been doing up to now?

• Upvote 1

Sorry, meant the UK MEPs be obstructive in the EU.

Mark Francois, the vice chair of the European Research Group, which represents hardline Tory Brexiters, has said the EU will regret allowing the UK to stay if it grants an article 50 extension. In a speech to the Bruges Group at lunchtime, Francois said:

My message to the European council tomorrow night would be as follows:

“This is the 21st century and you cannot hold a nation captive against their will. There is no point granting a temporary extension to kick the can down the road in the hope that we will finally ratify the withdrawal agreement, as we never will.

“If, however, you attempt to hold us in the European Union against the democratically expressed will of the British people then, in return, we will become a “Trojan horse” within the EU, which would utterly derail all your attempts to pursue a more federal project.

“A new Conservative government, led by someone like Boris Johnson or Dominic Raab, might vote down your budget, veto your attempts at greater military integration, and generally make it impossible for you to bring about the more federal project in which you so desperately believe” ...

So my earnest message to the European council is simple. Brexit has already gone on long enough.

If you now try to hold on to us against our will, you will be facing Perfidious Albion on speed. It would therefore be much better for all our sakes if we were to pursue our separate destinies, in a spirit of mutual respect.

As Boris Johnson recently quoted Moses’ warning to Pharaoh – “Let my people go!”

On the fruit picking theme a few pages back. Immigration in the main helps the rich whilst hurting the poor. Low skill wages take a hit. That by the way is not an opinion its a fact.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/immigration-and-jobs-labour-market-effects-immigration/

I know a lot of the luvvies on here clsim to be advocates of social justice whilst taking the piss out of the working class whos lives suffer from the above statistics.   A suggest a reality check or maybe good look in the mirror.

• Downvote 1