You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

My main, main, maiiiiiin man, Uri, is back.

....because he's not a hero. He's a not-so-silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight.

Good morning Britain should be sanctioned for allowing that jumped up twat on the telly. I was reading a thread yesterday on Twitter <insert tweet here to piss TK off> on the decline of scepticism over the last decade or so. Which has led to people getting away with bullshit being on the rise again, the author was linking it into some of the gendere wars, seemed to be quite welll argued.

One thing I do like about the EU is that they have more than 1 fucking seat for the Greens. If our shitty voting systems worked better there'd probably be a lot more too. If we do end up remaining and Lord Jezza is elected as Almighty Lord Jezza, I hope we can support them well enough.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

One thing I do like about the EU is that they have more than 1 fucking seat for the Greens. If our shitty voting systems worked better there'd probably be a lot more too. If we do end up remaining and Lord Jezza is elected as Almighty Lord Jezza, I hope we can support them well enough.

Support them? How would that work?

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That's not really supporting the Green Party. That's acting entirely independently, and it coinciding with the Green Party's view.

Ok, I hope Corbyn can coincide with the Green Party's views well enough if he's elected then.

18 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Ok, I hope Corbyn can coincide with the Green Party's views well enough if he's elected then.

Me too. Although, there's a reason they're different political parties. Green are never going to be a relevant force, unfortunately. They have a major image problem in that they are seen as a party who are just interested in lipstick on pigs and allotments. They're not, they're a very credible party in terms of policies, if not a party that will ever be able to implement them in any meaningful way.

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Me too. Although, there's a reason they're different political parties. Green are never going to be a relevant force, unfortunately. They have a major image problem in that they are seen as a party who are just interested in lipstick on pigs and allotments. They're not, they're a very credible party in terms of policies, if not a party that will ever be able to implement them in any meaningful way.

They'd do better if we could change our voting system, but yeah it doesn't look good otherwise. There's always the threat of the Republicans, Tories, etc, which just stops them from having much of a chance. Glad that they're at least represented better in the EU though.

German Deputy Foreign Minister, Michael Roth...

....he said 90% of the cabinet had “no idea how workers think, live, work and behave” and that it would not be these politicians “born with silver spoons in their mouths, who went to private schools and elite universities” who would suffer from Brexit.

Those damn Germans being reasonable to the bitter end....

The German government says it wants to allow British citizens to travel to Germany without a visa even in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

In a five-page letter sent to Germany’s federal states at the end of last week, the country’s interior ministry endorses EU proposals to allow Brits to enter the Schengen area visa-free when visiting on short trips.

The proposal, which is designed as a guideline for administrations in Germany’s 16 states, refrains from offering advice for how to treat Brits visiting for longer periods.

Britons already based in Germany will have to apply for a residence permit if the country crashes out of the EU without a deal, the letter further states.

However, the interior ministry advises federal states to automatically guarantee residency rights to Brits during a transition period, and announces plans for a law that would make it easier for British pensioners or low earners to meet the requirements for a permit.