You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

22 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Most interesting thing to watch will be the relationship now between the DUP and the ERG after that haunted dildo fucked them over and voted with May. Fireworks.

Pretty much all the rumours coming out over here is that they are in favour of a customs union now.  Only votes they abstained on in the indicative votes the other day where that and the Norway 2.0.  Now the ERG have lost their trust you'll start seeing movement towards that in in coming months during the most likely year long delay.  

Maybe sooner if Boris gets the top job because they don't trust him one bit.

Couldn't for the life of me understand where all these rumours about them caving in on Mays deal from the London media where coming from.  They'll never vote for in with the backstop in place ever.  No amout money will come before the union for them.

10 minutes ago, karl1987 said:

Worrying thing is if the EU elections do ahead he could end up getting a seat like Farage if he stands in a real heavy leave area.

Would his convictions preclude him from taking office?

EDIT: Just checked. No bar to being an MP in the commons. Will need to dig more for MEPs.

EDIT 2: Looks like he'd be allowed.

Imprisonment and court decisions 1.14 You are disqualified under the Representation of the People Act if you have been convicted of an offence, have been sentenced to be imprisoned or detained for more than a year and are detained anywhere in the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or Gibraltar, or are unlawfully at large.

So, if 30 out of 34 Eurosceptic Conservatives voted with May, the deal would have passed even without the DUP.

They effectively voted for staying longer in the EU and ultimately leaving with much closer ties to the EU or not at all. And rejecting the chance to force May into resigning and electing a new party leader and PM more to their liking.

I don't get it.

6 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’m in Rosie Cooper’s CLP. Hope they push to deselect her, they’ll have my vote. She’s voted with the Tories all the way through this. 

Lots of real cunts in the Labour Party. In fact, the left are just so infuriating. We can't just pick a direction and head for it. We've got to drag ourselves under the fucking bus all the time. 

10 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’m in Rosie Cooper’s CLP. Hope they push to deselect her, they’ll have my vote. She’s voted with the Tories all the way through this. 

I heard she was planning on standing down next time anyway.