You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Boss said:

What's the purpose of a public vote if you're only willing to listen to one side?

If Leave wins again, it'll be advisory. If Remain wins, binding. That's not democracy.

Voting leave was never defined as is painfully obvious now. That's why it was advisory. A defined deal vs Remain is defined and could be made binding. Brexit means Brexit is not democracy , it's nebulous , meaningless bollocks that's open to distortion and interpretation by the cunts in power.  

1 hour ago, M_B said:

And it had more against.

But yes, I agree a second vote is gaining momentum. I just cant see it happening with May at the helm.

I think it is too. Mays deal will finally get put to death in the coming days ( The mad Ulster loons have stated they will vote against it again) then finally reality will hit home and with the House heavily against no deal some sort of second referendum becomes the only option.

An election is still unlikely at this point imo. Corbyn needs to get on board with it too despite his dislike of the idea.

However, the most hardline Eurosceptics – nicknamed “the Spartans” – continued to rail against May’s deal at a meeting of the ERG...

What is it with the ERG and stupid nicknames? You won’t find a more un-Spartan-like set of Spartans anywhere.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

My mp seems like is total fucking scum.

cSPLMcG.png

So the guy who completely failed to lead negotiations or deliver any preparation is only in favour of leaving with no deal?

I mean, I'm not that shocked, more surprised at how brazen this is.  How the fuck is that okay?  He had no intention of doing the job he was in place to do and has surely put his agenda in front of the country's interests.

I know some leavers like the whole "the remainers are fucking this up on purpose" conspiracy, but fucking hell...

So looking at the votes on that ballot parliament is against staying in the customs union, against letting the public have another say, against having a closer relationship with the EU, against being in the EFTA/EEA with a customs union, against revoking article 50, against no deal, against trying to agree a preferential trade arrangement and against being in the EFTA/EEA without a customs union.

Maybe I'm being an idiot here, but does that essentially mean they want to leave but don't want to leave and if we do leave then they don't want to have no deal, but they also don't want to have a deal?

I have no idea whether the concept of leaving the EU can be carried out effectively, however, one thing I do know is that the people supposed to be sorting it out certainly have no fucking clue whatsoever. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

So looking at the votes on that ballot parliament is against staying in the customs union, against letting the public have another say, against having a closer relationship with the EU, against being in the EFTA/EEA with a customs union, against revoking article 50, against no deal, against trying to agree a preferential trade arrangement and against being in the EFTA/EEA without a customs union.

Maybe I'm being an idiot here, but does that essentially mean they want to leave but don't want to leave and if we do leave then they don't want to have no deal, but they also don't want to have a deal?

I think you're about right there.

There was me foolishly thinking MPs would not vote tactically with the indicative vote options. Some people will suggest they have given May's deal some legitimacy by not working together and getting behind other options. Not sure where they go from here. 

Been busy so not followed this for a few days but what's happening about the two stage process?  Will they choose say a few of the more popular choices for further voting to get a greater consensus. 

I wouldn't tempt them if I were you, Mark.

"I wouldn't vote for it if they put a shotgun in my mouth," Conservative Mark Francois says he will still vote against the #Brexit withdrawal agreement

Live updates: http://bbc.in/2WlXp4Z 

Mark Francois making a bid for top of the MP's cunt list. Thick spartan twat, God fucking help us if we have idiots like these in our army, His Dad risked his life to save us form Nazism and his son doing his best to ensure its survival.

Brexit

Appearing on BBC News, Mr Francois - the vice chairman of the European Research Group of Brexiteer Tories - said he would never tell a German MP how to vote in the Bundestag and he wanted Mr Enders to give him the same courtesy.

However, when a BBC correspondent tried to ask a question about next week’s vote on Theresa May's deal, Mr Francois returned to the issue, referring to the “Teutonic arrogance” of the EU and tore up a piece of paper containing Mr Enders' words.

He added: "My father, Reginald Francois, was a D Day veteran. He never submitted to bullying by any German and neither will his son".

• Upvote 1