You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

On 24/03/2019 at 11:13, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Just bombarded May with my thought powers as per Uri's instructions.

You can thank me later when she either resigns or her head explodes.

Telegraph:

Teresa May wears raphia boater and the actual jacket from Shaft to PMQ’s.

Daily Mail:

What does the embattled Prime Minister’s new wardrobe say about Brexit?

Guardian:

Spineless Jeremy Corbyn lets Teresa May wear shit hat to the commons.

• Upvote 3

You can smell the desperation. Just fucking give it up.

It comes as May’s hopes that she still can force through her withdrawal deal faded after a phone call with Arlene Foster, in which the Democratic Unionist party leader rejected a personal plea for support.

In a meeting with Jeremy Corbyn later on Monday, the Labour leader also rejected suggestions that the prime minister’s exit deal could be separated from the future relationship.

She appears to be trying to.

Quite apt from the Guardian Live comments section just now.

May says she was trying to make the point that it is the moment for parliament to decide.
May says she cannot say that she will accept anything that comes up in parliament. 
May says she was trying to make the point that it is the moment for parliament to decide.
May says she cannot say that she will accept anything that comes up in parliament. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Looks like she was emboldened when no leadership challenge emerged, despite being told no by just about everyone.

There can't be a leadership challenge can there? She either quits or the only way the Tories get shut is to not back the government in a no confidence vote and if she loses, hope she steps aside. Which is far from certain with that fucking nutjob. 

19 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

There can't be a leadership challenge can there? She either quits or the only way the Tories get shut is to not back the government in a no confidence vote and if she loses, hope she steps aside. Which is far from certain with that fucking nutjob. 

I don’t think they can trigger a formal one until December, but I suspect there would be ways and means, this being the Tories.

48 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I don’t think they can trigger a formal one until December, but I suspect there would be ways and means, this being the Tories.

I might have it wrong, but it's the other parties that can trigger a no confidence vote at any time. It's the Tories who have to wait that long before issuing another leadership challenge as the PM won the last challenge.

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

I might have it wrong, but it's the other parties that can trigger a no confidence vote at any time. It's the Tories who have to wait that long before issuing another leadership challenge as the PM won the last challenge.

I was talking about the Tories. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I got the feeling they blew that with their coup yesterday as apparently the rule they were going to use was removed or superseded when they let members have a greater say in electing their leader. I reckon if there was a way to do it, they'd have done it by now and she won't quit.