You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

7 hours ago, moof said:

A whole world exists outside of brexit marches. Hard to imagine, I know 

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Yeah, I suppose it does if you're not actually against Brexit.

Interesting response.  It manages to be logically ridiculous and to contain a snide innuendo to an enduring falsehood.

The world outside a march for a second referendum exists; that's an objective fact.  Millions of people who don't want a second referendum also exist.  Labour Party policy is something else that exists.  These things are part of objective reality.

Evidence to support the "Corbyn the closet Brexiteer" myth doesn't exist.

You occasionally claim to be a fan of evidence, so please act like one.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Anny Road said:

The poor 48% who get constantly ignored. How about the majority.

You know who in a democracy are the the winners.

I’m not a huge fan of tony blair, when he was good he was good, but some of the stuff he got up to helped to set the Labour Party up for this decade in the wilderness. However this interview with the remainiacs, he explains how badly the Tories handled the situation, how a and when to hold a referendum. 

Of course with it being Blair, he does blow his own trumpet continually, but if you persevere through that, it’s a politically mature approach, it shows up the utter fucking ineptitude of those who have handled the process.

fundamentallly, that has been because those involved have been led by how they can benefit best from the situation rather than how to best manage the country through such uncharted waters. The morally bankrupt bunch of fucking cocksuckers.

<iframe width="100%" height="300" style="background-color:transparent; display:block; padding: 0; max-width:700px;" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="allowtransparency" scrolling="no" src="//embeds.audioboom.com/posts/7209259-special-edition-tony-blair-on-this-week-s-crisis-how-to-win-another-referendum-and-more/embed/v4?eid=AQAAACD0llwrAW4A" title="Audioboom player"></iframe>

Very disappointing. I thought Uri had this all by himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/23/uri-geller-calls-on-britons-to-help-telepathically-stop-brexit

The illusionist Uri Geller has called on the British people to help him in his efforts to telepathically stop Brexit by sending their own telepathic messages to Theresa May’s mind, compelling her to revoke article 50.

Geller wrote an open letter to the prime minister on Friday warning her he will use the powers of his mind to stop her from leading Britain into Brexit.

He plans to transmit his psychic energy into May’s brain at the “very mystical time” of 11.11 in the morning and evening every day from a secret location near his home in Israel.

He will visualise her signing a document revoking article 50 and, separately, he will also visualise her deciding to hold a second referendum – but this, he says, is his “second choice”.

“I urge and plea with the people to think – even if it’s for a few seconds – at 11.11am and 11.11pm, to send Theresa May that message to revoke article 50 and remain in the EU,” he said. “Energy can be transmitted, energy can be received and the collective energy of people who want to achieve something is massive.”

He has no problem with the ethics of his decision. “I don’t see this as interfering with [May’s] mind. I’m giving her a scenario to understand better the situation. I’m opening up her mind to listen to messages from the people.

“As far as I’m concerned, if we leave the EU, that is going to be a catastrophic event,” the psychic warned.

He has already successfully penetrated May’s mind, he added, when she visited his home three years before she became prime minister. “I bombarded her mind to be the prime minister – and she became the prime minister,” he said.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, moof said:

Considering he got over 40% of the vote in the election that was held after article 50 was activated I’d say he made a calculated decision that worked out reasonably well. But sure, he’s ‘running scared’ 

And yet May is the one sitting in number 10 and we still have the likelihood of a hard or no deal brexit. What's the 40% of the vote actually done for labour voters aside from allowing Corbyn to turn up at a few music festivals and have his name sung? 

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Geller wrote an open letter to the prime minister on Friday warning her he will use the powers of his mind to stop her from leading Britain into Brexit.

He plans to transmit his psychic energy into May’s brain at the “very mystical time” of 11.11 in the morning and evening every day from a secret location near his home in Israel. 

You'd think he would have more important things to fix using his psychic energy than Brexit.