You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

If you meant me with that first image, I was taking the piss out of Farage's march as in them being a bit stone age and stupid. Can't see it making one bit of difference what they're doing and it wasn't meant to say they're racist. Have argued against the exact same thing in the past too. I didn't vote in the referendum either, not a remainer. Neutral to the whole thing really because I think both options are shit.

Never meant you mate just in general.

I would vote to be in the common market. Not a political union. The EU bears it’s share of responsibility for this mess. The have moved the goalposts without any mandate.

1 minute ago, Anny Road said:

And you are a belligerent fuckwit. So it goes on.

I'm not the one who spent the early part of this thread arguing that the negotiations with the EU would go swimmingly, that we'd get some super-duper Norway type deal, that they need us as much as we need them (hah).  How's it all going?  

4 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

I would vote to be in the common market. Not a political union. 

We're a matter of days from leaving with no deal and you're still coming out with nonsense like this.  It's not Brexit a la carte.  You don't get to choose which parts of the EU you want to be in, and discard the bits you don't like.  Maybe one day the penny will drop, eh?  

Never meant you mate just in general.

I would vote to be in the common market. Not a political union. The EU bears it’s share of responsibility for this mess. The have moved the goalposts without any mandate.

Ah ok, and yeah I'd like to think that if we could leave with what some have classed as the Norway option (I think) I'd be fine with that mostly but the Tories and their desire to do some shit deal with Trump really puts me off the whole thing. So am still neutral really. Us doing a trade deal with Trump though and getting fucked over by the US almost makes me side with remain at this point.

Anyway I think this is the usual BS and it'll be drawn out until there's a second vote anyway, which will see us remain. If that happens we have to work out how to have any influence in the EU, and hopefully that'll be done by a Labour government.

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

We're a matter of days from leaving with no deal and you're still coming out with nonsense like this.  It's not Brexit a la carte.  You don't get to choose which parts of the EU you want to be in, and discard the bits you don't like.  Maybe one day the penny will drop, eh?  

Well actually we do, outside of schengen, out of the Euro, huge influence over the development of policy, because generally we've gotten there first... as has been stated, we even had the option to better control immigration from eastern Europe but opted not to.

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Well actually we do, outside of schengen, out of the Euro, huge influence over the development of policy, because generally we've gotten there first... as has been stated, we even had the option to better control immigration from eastern Europe but opted not to.

Well okay, but as a general rule you don't get access to the single market without having to tolerate some of the stuff you don't like, such as freedom of movement.  Which is what Anny Road was getting at.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

We've thrown away exactly that that the leave campaign was campaigning for. Cake with a veto over everything we didn't like. It's amazing that leave voters still don't get this. 

Just now, Pidge said:

We do like freedom of movement as well, just apparently some of us don't like other people's freedom of movement...  but calling that an ignorant mindset is obviously totally out of order...

They've still got freedom of movement. We won't. That's shown them pesky continentals!

26 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I'm not the one who spent the early part of this thread arguing that the negotiations with the EU would go swimmingly, that we'd get some super-duper Norway type deal, that they need us as much as we need them (hah).  How's it all going?  

As a leave voter I cringe when I see retards in shopping centres saying we need to stop immigration because they are taking our jobs when they are on benefits.

I voted leave because I don’t want to join with my neighbours to negotiate our gas bill. I’ll do it myself thanks. I can’t put an extra car on my insurance because it goes against the policy the guy 3 doors down negotiated on our behalf.

Fuck off.

As a leave voter I cringe when I see retards in shopping centres saying we need to stop immigration because they are taking our jobs when they are on benefits.

I voted leave because I don’t want join with my neighbours to negotiate our gas bill. I’ll do it myself thanks. I can’t put an extra car on my insurance because it goes against the policy the guy 3 doors down negotiated on our behalf.

Fuck off.

Are you happy with how the negotiations have gone?  Do you think you'll be getting what you voted for?

Just now, TK421 said:

Are you happy with how the negotiations have gone?  Do you think you'll be getting what you voted for?

No fuckin way. This or remain is remain all day.

I just don’t want any political ties to the EU.

Trade, movement, customs etc is fine with me just not political harmony. They suck balls on that front.

No fuckin way. This or remain is remain all day.

I just don’t want any political ties to the EU.

Trade, movement, customs etc is fine with me just not political harmony. They suck balls on that front.

So why would you vote leave again?  Does not compute.

It’s a binary question. I would prefer to leave. Not bummed on the way that was never in the comments section.

But it was obvious we'd get bummed.  All of the remainers like me said "we're going to get dry bummed during negotiations".  It was a certainty.  They don't need us more than we need them.  They're a strong club of 27 countries, we're a rainy little backwards island full of racist simpletons.  It was never going to go well, so why would you vote for it again?

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

But it was obvious we'd get bummed.  All of the remainers like me said "we're going to get dry bummed during negotiations".  It was a certainty.  They don't need us more than we need them.  They're a strong club of 27 countries, we're a rainy little backwards island full of racist simpletons.  It was never going to go well, so why would you vote for it again?

Didn’t need to be so. We could have left on good trading terms.

Instead we got red lines and everyone else excluded. 

The Tories have fucked this not the people expressing their opinion.

The question should never have been asked if you had no idea how to implement the result of a vote going the other way. This whole thing is a Tory in fight so let it play out once and for all.

12 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Didn’t need to be so. We could have left on good trading terms.

Instead we got red lines and everyone else excluded. 

The Tories have fucked this not the people expressing their opinion.

The question should never have been asked if you had no idea how to implement the result of a vote going the other way. This whole thing is a Tory in fight so let it play out once and for all.

Okay, but knowing all of that why would you vote the same way?  What is it about the EU's political influence that you find so objectionable?

If you accept that the question should never have been asked, then you must also accept that voting leave makes no sense at all. 

54 minutes ago, TK421 said:

We could, however, have a very different deal with things that would still be beneficial to us (like the Norway style deal) if May had been prepared to negotiate for them instead of allowing the ERG group to set all of her red lines. I don’t think it’s fair to have a crack at people for that sort of expectation much earlier in the thread, because non of us foresaw that she would be an intransigent sociopath intent on cutting Parliament out of any discussion on negotiation.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Okay, but knowing all of that why would you vote the same way?  What is it about the EU's political influence that you find so objectionable?

If you accept that the question should never have been asked, then you must also accept that voting leave makes no sense at all. 

Leaving makes total sense. The problem is it is not on our terms. Which it was never likely to be.

This is not Mays deal, this is the EU’s deal. Fuck them.

I have no desire to align myself politically with a farmer In Albania. It just does not work.

Lash at it, we willl buy your stuff, you buy ours. But fuck off if you think we will let you impose shit on us.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

We could, however, have a very different deal with things that would still be beneficial to us (like the Norway style deal) if May had been prepared to negotiate for them instead of allowing the ERG group to set all of her red lines. I don’t think it’s fair to have a crack at people for that sort of expectation much earlier in the thread, because non of us foresaw that she would be an intransigent sociopath intent on cutting Parliament out of any discussion on negotiation.

But people would still vote the same way, so they can't claim to be ignorant of the facts.

2 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Leaving makes total sense. The problem is it is not on our terms. Which it was never likely to be.

This is not Mays deal, this is the EU’s deal. Fuck them.

I have no desire to align myself politically with a farmer In Albania. It just does not work.

Lash at it, we willl buy your stuff, you buy ours. But fuck off if you think we will let you impose shit on us.

That doesn't answer my question.  Be specific.  What is it about the EU's political influence that you find so objectionable?  How does the Albanian farmer directly affect your life?