You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If you've got nothing better to say, go away and find something - a speech, an interview, a petition, an EDM... anything - from the last 40 years or so in which Corbyn unequivocally says "the UK should leave the EU".

Meanwhile, be a poppet and please let the rest of us crack on with discussing what's happening in the real world.

Mate, at this stage it's pretty clear Corbyn wants Brexit

When was the last time he mention a 2nd Ref?

1 hour ago, Boss said:

It's a shame Corbyn wasted the one no confidence motion he had at an inopportune moment. A week from now would've been the perfect hand to play.

Corbyn can have as many no confidence votes n the Govt as he wants.

You're thinking of the Tory no confidence in the leader

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, M_B said:

If they had been impressed, there would have been no need for tonight. Its her last throw of the dice.

So the public get one roll of the dice, on a very closely split referendum filled with misinformation. A second vote is "undemocratic". 

But Teresa can roll the dice multiple times, seemingly only running out of rolls because she's reached the deadline, and in the face of overwhelmingly being voted against every time, and blames everyone else but herself for the situation we now stand in. This is more democratic than a people's vote? 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Mate, at this stage it's pretty clear Corbyn wants Brexit

When was the last time he mention a 2nd Ref?

He mentions it quite a lot. But because it's the party's policy to go for a General Election first, he hasn't been shouting it when it's been a surefire vote-loser. He mentions it more now.

6 hours ago, skend04 said:

It's certainly united a group of people. 

It certainly did, I thought her speech was one of the most despicable I've heard from a politician. She was clearly getting her excuses in early as she knows she's going to lose next week, chaos will ensue and she'll shortly be looking for a new job. Noticeable that she didn't blame the opposition but rather all MP's including her own. Handbag has been thrown, she'll be imminently storming off in a huff.

On 19/03/2019 at 08:20, sir roger said:

Keep reading that Bercow's announcement has come without any warning or is a bolt from the blue , but I read at the weekend that Angela Eagle had made the exact point about reheating the same bill & asked him for a ruling.

I'm just catching up on this thread. If I recall correctly eagle (or another labour mp and eagle spoke about it ) wanted to bring forward an amendment/motion to prevent the deal being brought back. Bercow said then that that was a matter for process so would not allow an amendment and he would look into the precedence and come back with a ruling. It was no surprise to me he made the call. 

• Upvote 1

A few  Tory MPs who voted for her deal last time are saying they will vote against it. A few Labour MPs like Lisa Nandy who were thinking of voting for it seem very disappointed in her behaviour yesterday. If she manages to put her meaningless vote forward it would be a fitting way to go out by managing to secure a bigger defeat. 

12 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

A few  Tory MPs who voted for her deal last time are saying they will vote against it. A few Labour MPs like Lisa Nandy who were thinking of voting for it seem very disappointed in her behaviour yesterday. If she manages to put her meaningless vote forward it would be a fitting way to go out by managing to secure a bigger defeat. 

That would be superb. That speech last night was beyond stupid, yet again pissing the people you need support from off just for a Mail headline.

16 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I'm just catching up on this thread. If I recall correctly eagle (or another labour mp and eagle spoke about it ) wanted to bring forward an amendment/motion to prevent the deal being brought back. Bercow said then that that was a matter for process so would not allow an amendment and he would look into the precedence and come back with a ruling. It was no surprise to me he made the call. 

Had missed him saying that.

Think it was Chris Bryant then.

8 hours ago, cloggypop said:

500,000 now.  Ultimately futile no doubt (feels too little, too late), but a slap in the face in response to that mess last night.  I signed it in the midst of my disgust at around 70,000.

It is ticking up at about the same rate it was last night again now.

Theresa May has stated that MPs need to decide. MPs have decided overwhelmingly twice that Mays deal is not good for the country. MPs have decided overwhelmingly that no deal is not good for the country. Therefore something needs to change. Theresa May is not on our side. Theresa May is entrenched and will kill the country just so her deal 'wins'.

39 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I think not-so-Cleverly is moaning that Bercow and Eagle did not apply their psychic powers and forsee that May would try to go for a third time, and therefore did not warn him or the others about this unforseen future event, and so they now can't retrospectively change their minds.

As an aside, neither did he. So his and other Tory MPs' positions at the the time of MV2 was that they also thought it was the last throw of May's dice and yet still voted against it. So in short, he now wants to change his vote to support something he didn't support last time when he was in exactly the same position as he is now.