You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

22 hours ago, mattyq said:

The forum has been sadly lacking in a bona fide mentalist for quite a while so I'm heartened by Gnasher's valued contributions in auditioning for the role.

Talking of which... the Tooth is dead long live the Tooth

Tooth spewed it on the day of the last GE when he said it would be a Corbyn landslide, to my knowledge he’s not posted since

15 hours ago, cloggypop said:

We can kick off with China and become the world opium power again. 

Opium from China and weed via the Caribbean, then all we need is to get a foothold in Colombia and all of our problems will be solved.

Most of the money from it is laundered here anyway, so it makes sense to cut out the middle man and just pocket the lot. 

Throw in some arms sales and Robert is your mothers brother, a recipe for total post Brexit success. 

7 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

Opium from China and weed via the Caribbean, then all we need is to get a foothold in Colombia and all of our problems will be solved.

Most of the money from it is laundered here anyway, so it makes sense to cut out the middle man and just pocket the lot. 

Throw in some arms sales and Robert is your mothers brother, a recipe for total post Brexit success. 

Opium was from India.

Britain just shipped loads of it into China, then kicked off when China tried to stop it. And is how come Britain had Hong Kong.

Lesson of the story, deal drugs for long term benefits.

44 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

Curtis Warren can be our new Walter Raleigh. 

i have watched that earier this afternoon. what a fucing joke it all is. every single bit of it, it's like a pantomine. "i am not kicking the can down the road", "oh yes you are", "oh no i'm not". "he's behnd you" as boris reminds us all May needs to do as she's told by the tory right wing. passing that mad law that allows no deal has created this entire fucking mess and is allowing her to do exactly what she wants, as she will play chicken with both Parliment and the EU till the last second. 

26 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

i have watched that earier this afternoon. what a fucing joke it all is. every single bit of it, it's like a pantomine. "i am not kicking the can down the road", "oh yes you are", "oh no i'm not". "he's behnd you" as boris reminds us all May needs to do as she's told by the tory right wing. passing that mad law that allows no deal has created this entire fucking mess and is allowing her to do exactly what she wants, as she will play chicken with both Parliment and the EU till the last second. 

Parliament isn't fit for purpose. Negotiations have finished with the EU yet she can't be challenged to have a final vote on her deal? An absolute laughing stock and the situation wouldn't change under a Labour government either.

I watched a fair amount of it too, as Peston stated she's clearly running the clock down to protect her party above all else even if it leads to a disastrous outcome for the country. I think we're nailed on for a no-deal exit simply because the meaningful vote is likely to occur around the 24th March. Any amendable vote prior to then is non-binding. If her deal is rejected there won't be enough time for parliament and the EU to do anything else and at the that point as far as the EU is concerned what's the point of delaying?

She's even now trying to bypass the 21 day rule for the withdrawal bill.

The only consolation is that if Project Fear lives up to being true she may have saved her beloved party but she'll be out of office fairly quickly and the country won't forgive the tories for a very long time irrespective of which way they voted in the referendum.

20 minutes ago, clangers said:

I watched a fair amount of it too, as Peston stated she's clearly running the clock down to protect her party above all else even if it leads to a disastrous outcome for the country. I think we're nailed on for a no-deal exit simply because the meaningful vote is likely to occur around the 24th March. Any amendable vote prior to then is non-binding. If her deal is rejected there won't be enough time for parliament and the EU to do anything else and at the that point as far as the EU is concerned what's the point of delaying?

She's even now trying to bypass the 21 day rule for the withdrawal bill.

The only consolation is that if Project Fear lives up to being true she may have saved her beloved party but she'll be out of office fairly quickly and the country won't forgive the tories for a very long time irrespective of which way they voted in the referendum.

You think the Tories will take the blame for this? Don't kid yourself, if we leave without a deal, it'll be delivered as the EU's fault and the cunts in this country will lap it up and the Tories will be heroes who stood up to them. Sadly, we have the parliament and government we deserve in this country. The majority of the country are just thick cunts. 

49 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

You think the Tories will take the blame for this? Don't kid yourself, if we leave without a deal, it'll be delivered as the EU's fault and the cunts in this country will lap it up and the Tories will be heroes who stood up to them. Sadly, we have the parliament and government we deserve in this country. The majority of the country are just thick cunts. 

As one Government aide apparently said the other day they will make sure Labour's hands will be dipped in the blood of Brexit.

• Upvote 1

On this the EU keeps the peace bullshit.

If you forget the trouble in London Paris Athens. This comes from Spain

https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/12/watch-live-carles-puigdemont-speaks-on-catalonia-as-separatists-trial-begins

The angry mob are probably watching Crissy Plummer singing a song from the sound of music.

Granted the EU may have had an influence in the past but I wouldn't put my faith in them for the here and now.

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

This is true. Not just this current Parliament, but the institution itself.

We need a proper overhaul of our Constitution.

We don't have a constitution as such. That might be a starting point rather than have blerts like Mogg dredging up medieval conventions.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/12/watch-live-carles-puigdemont-speaks-on-catalonia-as-separatists-trial-begins

The angry mob are probably watching Crissy Plummer singing a song from the sound of music.

Granted the EU may have had an influence in the past but I wouldn't put my faith in them for the here and now.

They are not there to sort out internal strife in member states but they do ok in preventing them going to war with one another

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I've not seen the news today. Have two Member States gone to war with each other?

If not, you're arguing against points nobody has ever made.

Again.

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've not seen the news today. Have two Member States gone to war with each other?

If not, you're arguing against points nobody has ever made.

Again.

Well I've read the news today oh boy

https://www.euronews.com/2019/01/07/the-trial-of-catalan-referendum-leaders-casts-a-long-shadow-over-the-eu-s-credibility-view

Hum a Julie Andrews tune and pretend the world outside your window isn't happening angry.