You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Want to go into partnership? Could be the first post-Brexit deal this.

OK then. You have to pay twice as much as it is now. The quality is going to deteriorate over time, the price will never go down. Once you are in you are in. No negotiation possible. 

You need me more than I need you. 

• Upvote 1

European cooperation definitely reduces the risk of war. It doesn’t need to be in the EU or whatever, but markets that interact and rely on each other and partner together are generally not going to attack each other. But NATO shouldn’t just be dismissed as an arm of the US. It’s a very important tactical alliance that adds more of the cooperation, in this case military rather than economic, that is seen as good in the EU. Weapons sharing, bases in other countries, cross training, joint missions, etc. That also helps detract from military conflict, both in terms of the member states, but also aggression against the member states. Mainly because if somebody tries to move into Lithuania, the US, UK and others are obliged to react. And NATO would fuck anybody else in the arse. 

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Democracies tend not to have wars with each other. No wars in Europe are down to democracy, NATO and EU. Being in the EU the least important of the 3.

But being a member of the EU is contingent on being and remaining a democracy. So it encourages democracy in that regard.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hades said:

Immigration is shit for almost everyone - both the struggling locals working to keep up with changing technology and social values, and the immigrants finding it hard to fit in. The only people it benefits are the Archon slimeballs. They benefit from everyone killing themselves to find a footing. 

Arsehole.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

The EU began by attempting to bring France and Germany closer together, as one of those two or both have been at the centre of all the big wars in Europe over the past 200 or 300 years.

They went from 3 wars in 70 years to 0 wars in the next 70... for some reason. 

3 hours ago, A Red said:

Democracies tend not to have wars with each other. No wars in Europe are down to democracy, NATO and EU. Being in the EU the least important of the 3.

How do you define "democracy"? Russia and Ukraine, for example, have elections (however dodgy some of them may be) and they kicked off. I'm pretty sure other examples exist.

Why do you think that membership of an organisation that - in accordance with its essential purpose - makes it practically impossible for Member States to go to war with each other is not relevant to the fact that no Member States have been to war with each other?

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

And yet...

Literally millions of working people have benefited from experiencing different cultures, meeting people from different backgrounds, broadening their own outlook and generally enriching their lives.

True and for every one I'd bet two have been enslaved, imprisoned, impoverished or been well and truely fucked over, not that I expect a blinkered neo con cunt like you to understand so you  carry on with your EU fairytale of peace love and bollicks between the nation's angry.

26 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

True and for every one I'd bet two have been enslaved, imprisoned, impoverished or been well and truely fucked over, not that I expect a blinkered neo con cunt like you to understand so you  carry on with your EU fairytale of peace love and bollicks between the nation's angry.

Millions have been "enslaved, imprisoned, impoverished" by the removal of legal barriers which would otherwise have prevented them from moving between countries?  Stating the historical fact that no two Member States have been to war with each other is a "fairytale"?

Right now the rat-sauce smugglers are talking more sense than you are, you weirdo.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Why is he a neo-con cunt? Shouldn't this be a neo-liberal cunt? Admittedly, a neo-con cunt has a certain rhytm to it.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

How do you define "democracy"? Russia and Ukraine, for example, have elections (however dodgy some of them may be) and they kicked off. I'm pretty sure other examples exist.

Why do you think that membership of an organisation that - in accordance with its essential purpose - makes it practically impossible for Member States to go to war with each other is not relevant to the fact that no Member States have been to war with each other?

Russia and Ukraine arent at war.

I didnt say being in the EU wasnt relevant just not as relevant as being a democracy or in NATO

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Millions have been "enslaved, imprisoned, impoverished" by the removal of legal barriers which would otherwise have prevented them from moving between countries?  Stating the historical fact that no two Member States have been to war with each other is a "fairytale"?

Right now the rat-sauce smugglers are talking more sense than you are, you weirdo.

Welcome to the Neo-cons, see you at the next meeting. Bring a nice dessert.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Hades said:

Immigration is shit for almost everyone - both the struggling locals working to keep up with changing technology and social values, and the immigrants finding it hard to fit in. The only people it benefits are the Archon slimeballs. They benefit from everyone killing themselves to find a footing. 

Absolute rubbish! Gee you speak some shit. “Immigration is shit for everyone” you’ve forgotten your much loved kebab shop in Footscray then? Also those Spanish and Filipino nurses my wife works with at her hospital... must be real shit for the patients, right? Oh, and my wife is moving back with me end of the year, as a result Melbourne will gain a medical doctor as well as an accountant... real shit ya? What’s gotten into you? You’ve turned into a real wanker.

18 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Absolute rubbish! Gee you speak some shit. “Immigration is shit for everyone” you’ve forgotten your much loved kebab shop in Footscray then? Also those Spanish and Filipino nurses my wife works with at her hospital... must be real shit for the patients, right? Oh, and my wife is moving back with me end of the year, as a result Melbourne will gain a medical doctor as well as an accountant... real shit ya? What’s gotten into you? You’ve turned into a real wanker.

I’ve been clear on my opposition to Brexit but if it means we lose a few accountants then I may change my mind.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

They went from 3 wars in 70 years to 0 wars in the next 70... for some reason. 

Yes whilst the people of Norway, Switzerland etc have had erm? how many wars over the same period?  They must live in constant fear, same goes for France Germany Spain for not having a nuke like, that18 billion pound pile of junk up Scotland called trident because by your simplistcly stupid logic its the reason we don't get nuked.

14 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

I’ve been clear on my opposition to Brexit but if it means we lose a few accountants then I may change my mind.  

Who would help manage your tax returns? You wouldn’t want the big bad state steal it from your family no? x