You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

You are an arse.

Sorry edit

You are a Tory.

I'm literally the opposite of a conservative. I'm not the one trying to turn back the clock and change everything back to the way it was before the forrins came here.

Sorry maybe I was a bit harsh there but it pisses me off when the political parties drove around in a bus covered in slogans, posters showing immigrants, national newspapers covered in propaganda and people that believed it are considered racist and stupid. Do you know why political movements do things like that?

Because it fucking works.

Don't blame people for believing what politicians say. Blame the lying bastards that say it.

What backlash has there been against those involved in both campaigns who told outright blatant lies. Lies about the biggest decision this country faces in 1/2 a century. Before any 2nd referendum is even considered these twats should have been brought to book.

If I offended you SD apologies.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

The irony is that on a nation by nation basis more Brits have used Freedom of Movement to find work or a life elsewhere than any other nationality.  But yeah only the Eastern Europeans want to move...

It's not just work. The alcohol and drugs are far better over here. Also, there's foreign birds everywhere.

Terry is a right tit if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

Spanish and Polish workmates will also live in your neighbourhood and this will change your way of life, your community and this will have an impact on your sense of identity. It's not entirely rational, it's more emotional, and emotions are often what leads people to make decisions. With immigration, it's not just workplace, it's the entire picture. If there is a sudden big influx of members on this forum from a single foreign country for example, and they begin influencing the atmosphere on the forum, you would probably feel less at home here, it might at first be interesting but lets say they bring different values and political views, topics you don't care about, inside jokes, disrespect elements of the forum ethos (I'm not saying the immigrant do all that, I am trying to paint a picture how you can feel threatened or even squeezed out from somewhere you feel is your internet home of sorts, part of your identity) you would soon start feeling things were much better when they weren't here.

The irony is, of course, that opposition to immigration is strongest in the areas with low levels of immigration.  All those things that people fear (nice analogy, btw) hold sway where people don't experience the reality of immigration and don't get to see that it's not a problem. 

23 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

This again?

Europe was indeed "sick of war" so a generation of political leaders established an organisation specifically designed to prevent wars between Member States.  Since then, plenty of other European countries have gone to war, but no two Member States have fired so much as a single shot at each other. 

You'd basically have to be as dense as a Boxing Day turd to convince yourself that that's just coincidence. 

Who have norway been at war with since the formation of the European Union?

23 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

While you're here, Gnash, any chance of letting us know what you're going to say to the couple of million workers whose lives you voted to throw into disarray?

I asked you about this a week or two ago, but you've been oddly coy.

Let's not get to dramatic now angry. If you want to act offended I'd suggest you pick a more valid case of discrimination, the windrush generation perhaps?

As for freedom of movement although it sounds grand in reality it's mainly a case of large swathes of men moving from country to country to try to improve their lives but find themselves being ripped off. In general they get paid less than home born workers.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/characteristics-and-outcomes-of-migrants-in-the-uk-labour-market/

It's a labour pool for capitalist exploration.

One more point; if you're so pro freedom why should a nurse from Poland have greater rights than a nurse from somewhere like the Philippines?

I don't think the EU did much to prevent war in Europe, it was more a case of none of its member nations were capable of being world powers any more and the place was occupied by the two new kids on the block, the yanks and the Soviets. 

The EU's main strengths are borderless trade and the redistribution of wealth to bolster poor areas and countries, which worked well at times.

Most of the rest of it is bollocks. A lot of Europeans still hate each other, including people from different parts of their own countries. 

It's useless in a defensive or diplomatic capacity, the Russians, Assad, The United Nations, no body cares what the EU thinks because it's got no balls.

It's basically the Rotary club on steds, that's not necessarily a bad thing from an economic standpoint, but the idea that it'll leave us at the mercy of the Russians, or that we're losing some kind of bargaining power or world clout, or turning our back on our European brethren who love us dearly is nonsense.

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

I'm literally the opposite of a conservative. I'm not the one trying to turn back the clock and change everything back to the way it was before the forrins came here.

Tory boys love cheap strawberrys picked by cheap labour.

14 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

NATO is more important and the important nations from the EU are already in it. 

Montenegro is certainly in it and is cock blocking Trump at every opportunity.

What do you mean, important nations? Sweden is an important nation too.