You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

7 hours ago, M_B said:

I voted Remain, but I am not sure what the problem is for Airbus. Aircraft components are tariff free under WTO rules. Maybe he thinks its a supply chain issue. Maybe.

The wings are certified under the auspices of EASA, which the U.K. would drop out of in a no deal Brexit. So effectively they’d be building wings that aren’t certified to be put on an aircraft.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/opinion/sunday/brexit-ireland-empire.html

I found this a really good read.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/24/philip-hammond-urges-business-leaders-to-accept-brexit-result

The chumocracy referred to in the NYT article and the promotion based on who you know rather than what you know can readily be applied to Hammond. Yes Phil, I'm sure businesses are going to readily accept this and carry on regardless.

On 1/23/2019 at 7:02 AM, Bjornebye said:

Labour MP on Politics today earlier (forget his name) saying that their is no desire for a new referendum within labour or the general public and it will probably be an even bigger leave margin. The fucking cunt. 

There is a real danger that could happen mate. This whole debacle kicked off because dickheads in the Tory party took such kind of views for granted. Never put it past the public to make things worse for themselves.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

There is a real danger that could happen mate. This whole debacle kicked off because dickheads in the Tory party took such kind of views for granted. Never put it past the public to make things worse for themselves.

All the polls seem to think Remain would win but heh who knows. Lets go WTO. Except for the fact we are not members of the WTO in our right and to become one will take ages and a lot of contested legislation . Just trivial details to the blue passport brigade.

On 1/24/2019 at 2:23 AM, Anny Road said:

Dont know. Have you seen the loonies outside the commons. EDL thrown into that mix with a bit of anti fasc will not be pretty.

The problem with suggested outcomes, is that the those one theemain side are generally seen as more progressive and stable. In the event of a faction going fucking loopy and kicking off, it is far more likely to be the loud, mouthy far right pricks. Which feeds into the narrative of crack on and get out. Which is bollocks, and allows the bullies to drive the agenda - which I guess is why the Uk is currently fucked.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:19 PM, AngryofTuebrook said:

Did anyone else get the Gammon King's propaganda mag (Wetherspoon News) through their door?

It's just another reason to avoid their piss-soaked grief-holes.

Owen Jones meeting Tim Martin. 

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2019/jan/25/owen-jones-meets-tim-martin-wetherspoons-no-deal-brexit-poverty-wages-dont-ask-childish-questions-video

It goes something like...

TM - "You can't tell where EU law ends and UK law starts."

OJ - "Name an EU law you want to change."

TM - "..."

OJ - "Your staff are on £8.05 an hour; that's officially a poverty rate of pay."

TM - "This interview is childish, you're drunk, can we stop now?"

On 1/24/2019 at 3:09 AM, Section_31 said:

Does the act of leaving the EU have that impact though or is it the way it's been handled?

Norway seems to manage okay and it has a customs border with Sweden.

Fuck it what do they know, I defer to JK Rowling's expertise in these matters. We must stay in the EU because to not do so would be racist and I'll be forced to travel around Cambodia endlessly apologising for my Britishness.

All Brexit has confirmed to me is that the country is full of bellends on all sides. Voters, politicians, celebrities, journalists, the vast majority who've waded in are disingenuous shysters.

notway are managed financially akin to Liverpool under Jurgen. The Uk, is more allardyce assisted by Peter Taylor, with the glazers at board level.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

The S*n reporting that May is close to getting a majority on her deal if the EU agree to remove the back stop.

I'd say that's been the case since day 1 but as the EU won't compromise on this, this is just the tories shifting the blame from themselves to Brussels.... It would have been ok if it wasn't for those dirty foreigners... This is why we voted to leave etc. 

23 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

The Times reporting that the Cobra committee is preparing to declare a state of emergency if there’s no deal. 

Sunlit uplands and rubber bullets, was that on the bus? 

Don't be silly. Like they always say, they knew what they were voting for.