You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

17 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Right up to election day, the polls were predicting another hung parliament. Labour and the Tories were polling dead level. There was a very late swing to the Tories that is attributed to fears of a Labour/SNP coalition, which wasn't picked up in polling.

Yes a SNP/ Lab coalition was the Tories bogey man . Cameron threw the referendum onto the mix to see off UKIP. 

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

Yes a SNP/ Lab coalition was the Tories bogey man . Cameron threw the referendum onto the mix to see off UKIP. 

I seem to recall it was the tactic of that little horror Lynton Crosby.

How ironic that two Ozzies (Crosby and Murdoch) have done so much damage to this country in convincing us to turn away from Europe.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

How ironic that two Ozzies (Crosby and Murdoch) have done so much damage to this country in convincing us to turn away from Europe.

I was probably wrong to credit Cameron with any original idea. Lightweight gobshite

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The Tories would never have won in 2015 if Labour had of had a mainstream, middle of the road leader instead of Corbyn. 

I knew this Brexit thing was all Corbyns fault.

A center right government has been in power since we joined the EU, the result is outside our window for all to see.

It's stupid to call people stupid for voting to shake the kaleidoscope.

18 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The Tories would never have won in 2015 if Labour had of had a mainstream, middle of the road leader instead of Corbyn. 

I knew this Brexit thing was all Corbyns fault.

I know its silly . I blame bricklayers from barnsley.

38 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Stronts penny drops on the damage murdo can do,  it's not ironic,  ironic is a pop song by alanis morrisette.   murdoch meanwhile  is a steadfast flow of putrid piss.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Whilst i agree with 90% of your post

A hung parliament seemed odds on and Cameron Osbourne (remmber them and who and what brought that little duo crumbling down)  and Cleggy were a bunch of chancers.

Interesting definition of "crumbling down" - one is pissing about on yachts, the other is editing one of the most widely read and influential papers in the country. 

56 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Stronts penny drops on the damage murdo can do,  it's not ironic,  ironic is a pop song by alanis morrisette.   murdoch meanwhile  is a steadfast flow of putrid piss.

Murdoch is almost as anti Europe as you are.

48 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Interesting definition of "crumbling down" - one is pissing about on yachts, the other is editing one of the most widely read and influential papers in the country. 

Er, being disingenuous again are you?

A couple of facts, One is no longer prime minister., the other is no longer chancellor,. 

A lot of rich  people play with yachts, Cameron is after Brexit discredited, his option counts for very little. Osbourne is editor of a newspaper (print is thankfully dying it's the internet now) that is openly mocked and only read in London.

Stick to calling me a bnp voter angry, it suits you better.

I do wonder how much "the peoples vote" has played its part in swaying some leave voters and remainers to support a No deal. At this rate leavers and remainers will be demanding a referendum to vote for No Deal.

Some alarming ICM polling in our story tonight - the most popular option with the public is now no deal

Just now, Denny Crane said:

I do wonder how much "the peoples vote" has played its part in swaying some leave voters and remainers to support a No deal. At this rate leavers will be demanding a referendum to vote for No Deal.

Some alarming ICM polling in our story tonight - the most popular option with the public is now no deal

Refer back to my earlier post. 26% of those people think No Deal means staying in the EU. I wouldn't read too much into it apart from the actual idiots who want a no deal.

In further news, the route that most of our goods travel to and fro will fall to 15% of the current capacity. Best stock up on toilet rolls.

https://news.sky.com/story/cross-channel-freight-trade-could-drop-by-87-govt-document-warns-11614002

Just now, skend04 said:

Refer back to my earlier post. 26% of those people think No Deal means staying in the EU. I wouldn't read too much into it apart from the actual idiots who want a no deal.

In further news, the route that most of our goods travel to and fro will fall to 15% of the current capacity. Best stock up on toilet rolls.

https://news.sky.com/story/cross-channel-freight-trade-could-drop-by-87-govt-document-warns-11614002

I'm not so sure I voted remain and I have been uneasy from the off regarding a second referendum. I can only imagine how if you voted leave how pissed you would be with a sizeable number of people who have been wanting to overturn the result from the off. Never underestimate the ability for people to rebel in the booth of a polling station. One of the reasons I'm surprised so many remainers want No Deal on a referendum or another referendum to try and resolve the situation. 

22 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

I'm not so sure I voted remain and I have been uneasy from the off regarding a second referendum. I can only imagine how if you voted leave how pissed you would be with a sizeable number of people who have been wanting to overturn the result from the off. Never underestimate the ability for people to rebel in the booth of a polling station. One of the reasons I'm surprised so many remainers want No Deal on a referendum or another referendum to try and resolve the situation. 

Yeah, I wouldn't give people the chance to bury the country. Especially when they don't know what they are voting for. 

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Er, being disingenuous again are you?

A couple of facts, One is no longer prime minister., the other is no longer chancellor,. 

A lot of rich  people play with yachts, Cameron is after Brexit discredited, his option counts for very little. Osbourne is editor of a newspaper (print is thankfully dying it's the internet now) that is openly mocked and only read in London.

Stick to calling me a bnp voter angry, it suits you better.

Disingenuous? Like pretending that I called you a BNP voter? I mentioned UKIP and the BNP when you were riding your ridiculous false dichotomy of "did you vote for anti-EU Labour or pro-EU Thatcher?" I just took the logical step of asking whether you voted for the only anti-EU parties of the Nineties and Noughties.

As for Cameron and Osborne, any time you fancy raising an army of kaleidoscope-shakers to throw me out of my lavishly-funded job in Strasbourg, so I too am reduced to sunning myself, trotters up, on the Côte d'Azure, you'll probably find me as inconsolable as those cunts are.

Look at the poor fucker. He's a broken man.

33 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

I doubt a second referendum is going to make the country more divided than it is now with such a close result. Most Remainers are extremely pissed off that we are starring in the abyss when what was promised to Leavers would be a good deal for Britain and squillions for the NHS  written on the side of a bus. Some Leavers would be fuming if it got over-turned but a fair vote with clear outcomes would more than likely settle the issue in time