You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

16 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I voted in the last one yes.I also voted in one which I linked s few pages back which the labour manifestos protested withdrawal from the EU.

Is be interested to know which way the participants in this thread would/did vote if they/when they has the chive between that potential govt and the status quo of staying in the EU under a certain Margret Thatcher.

Of course I've little hope of the elite on here answering that one maybe the clue is in the result.

I get my butler to do my voting for me.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I get my butler to do my voting for me.

Foot and John Smith running the country and leaving Europe or Thatcher and Geoffrey Howe and staying in.

The country committed suicide by voting Thatcher but what about you angry? How would your butler vote?

12 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

But the government has confirmed that farming subsidies are going to continue outside the EU.

A  couple of points on this if I may..

A. The extreme right wing government (universal credit, austerity, public pay freeze,  vat rate cut, public services slashed)  which called and lost a

thd referendum only seized power because they were aided and abetted by the lib dems.

B. Whilst it's hardly surprising the Tory government would protect wealthy landowners you of all people should be aware that politicians have a bad habit of saying one thing then doing the opposite when it suits.

19 hours ago, skend04 said:

All the cunts pushing for Brexit are richer than I'll ever be. Fuck off with this "elite" nonsense. 

The above is what you said. Unless I misread you, maybe you're as rich as Cameron and co and so do view them as elite.

On a more serious point, it's  interesting that Corbyn is often accused of being a metropolitan elitist and out  of touch with ordinary people yet he recognized the vote and concerns of labour voters who voted out so it's seems it's the elite themselves who excise him of being elite.

55 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The above is what you said. Unless I misread you, maybe you're as rich as Cameron and co and so do view them as elite.

On a more serious point, it's  interesting that Corbyn is often accused of being a metropolitan elitist and out  of touch with ordinary people yet he recognized the vote and concerns of labour voters who voted out so it's seems it's the elite themselves who excise him of being elite.

Did I say only the rich push for it? To label remain elites whilst Mogg owns a stately home, Dyson is a billionaire and Leave backers organise parties for Farage at the Ritz is fucking dumb. 

So yeah, fuck off with your nonsense sniping about elitism.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Heres a few more.. warning only vlick link if you have a strong stomach 

https://toprichests.com/top-10-richest-politician-of-united-kingdom/

I know you don't do irony, mate, but that post is comic genius

Of course you know, you little tinker, that number 1 on that list is the hard line Fascist\leaver Lord Ashcroft who employs the equally delightful Isabelle Oakeshott... another of your pinups?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Did I say only the rich push for it? To label remain elites whilst Mogg owns a stately home, Dyson is a billionaire and Leave backers organise parties for Farage at the Ritz is fucking dumb. 

So yeah, fuck off with your nonsense sniping about elitism.

Yes and George Osborne is a man of the fucking people is he? 

7 minutes ago, mattyq said:

I know you don't do irony, mate, but that post is comic genius

Of course you know, you little tinker, that number 1 on that list is the hard line Fascist\leaver Lord Ashcroft who employs the equally delightful Isabelle Oakeshott... another of your pinups?

Yes I know. I'd say 7 or 8 of that list is super elitist who are pro Europe. It's a silly argument anyway. Personality politics

6 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Foot and John Smith running the country and leaving Europe or Thatcher and Geoffrey Howe and staying in.

The country committed suicide by voting Thatcher but what about you angry? How would your butler vote?

Once Labour committed to the EU, did you vote UKIP or BNP?

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Once Labour committed to the EU, did you vote UKIP or BNP?

I voted and would never vote either.

So over to you, a labour government out of the EU under foot or a Tory government staying in Europe.

Go on over to you.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

So over to you, a labour government out of the EU under foot or a Tory government staying in Europe.

Go on over to you.

???

Go on then angr.y. I guess as this is a EU thread  it's the Thatcher route you'd all choose or chose o take.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Go on over to you.

Labour, every time. 

Because a General Election is not a single-issue referendum. 

Well, I never...

It looks like the Maybot isn't pursuing a cross party consensus on Brexit. 

I bet all the MP's who rushed to number 10 to try and look good all feel a bit silly now. If only an MP had publicly called out her offer as being not a genuine one and had refused to attend...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/20/theresa-may-cross-party-consensus-brexit-backstop-tory-split

• Upvote 1