You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

James O'Brien made a good, albeit potentially dangerous suggestion. A second referendum, but with either No deal or No Brexit the options.

Whatever the result, politicians could save face by saying that they are not to blame for the outcome.

The worrying thing is, It genuinely wouldn't surprise me to see No deal win!  

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

James O'Brien made a good, albeit potentially dangerous suggestion. A second referendum, but with either No deal or No Brexit the options.

Whatever the result, politicians could save face by saying that they are not to blame for the outcome.

The worrying thing is, It genuinely wouldn't surprise me to see No deal win!  

An abdication like that would make you wonder what MPs are paid for.

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I'd be happy with that. Whichever one won, it would be what the country deserved.

• Downvote 1

I think we have to leave now, there'd be civil war if we stayed in. If we have a second referendum the only 2 choices would have to be 1) Leave with May's deal (however shit it may be) or 2) Leave with No Deal.

I say that as somebody who would have voted remain if I was on the electoral register at the time.

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

I think we have to leave now, there'd be civil war if we stayed in. If we have a second referendum the only 2 choices would have to be 1) Leave with May's deal (however shit it may be) or 2) Leave with No Deal.

I say that as somebody who would have voted remain if I was on the electoral register at the time.

A civil war. I highly doubt it.

27 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I did think that but its clear that nobody really wants Mays half in/out deal. 

The No Deal or No Brexit option is how I always interpreted the first referendum anyway. I never thought we'd get a better deal, and I expected us to leave the single market and customs union if we left. 

The only alternatives I can see to this, are crashing out with no deal, or at the last minute mps will agree to a very marginally adjusted version of Mays deal, solely to avoid crashing out.

A General Election won't happen as May is safe as party leader for 12 months and even the hardest brexiteers won't risk a Corbyn government whatever their views.  

7 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

He is another one who is given free publicity, which keeps him in the public eye. Entire speech of a back bench M.P. shown live on Sky. 

They don't report the news, they shape it.

It was live on bbc2 too. And he was mostly completely unchallenged. Asked questions but would answer a different question and the press just let it go. 

43 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Remain will be on any ballot . Sure there will be civil unrest but neo Nazi's will be mostly to blame. There have been organised peaceful protests from Remainers since the vote and millions have been part of that including myself. I feel cheated by all the antics last time from people like Farage and Banks taking dodgy money and getting help from Russia. I feel cheated because ex-pats and EU citizens settled here had no vote and perhaps worst of all 16 year olds whose future was being decided for them, were denied a say. Despite all this I haven't spat in anyone's face,  punched women , abused non-white , killed an MP or abused politicians outside Parliament. I have spoken to a few and made reasoned points even when they hold different views. If Brexit is reversed then Leavers are quite entitled to protest peacefully as some who don't accept it will . Why should we take into account cunts that want to breach the peace to make their points. We should be locking them up not running scared, 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Labour MP Mike Gapes has blasted Corbyn on Twitter for talking to Hamas but not being prepared to talk to May, re: Brexit. 

Mike Gapes also did this...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2007/aug/13/foreignpolicy.israel

So you're saying he's a lying two faced cunt then?

Cameron, Boris, Corbyn, Osborne, Farage etc stop playing the man and start playing the ball.

Personality politics leads to the door of the daily Star.

Anyway here's a link to a former labour manifesto that someone pretended to be interested in earlier 

http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/man/lab83.htm#Common

Anyone care to debate the merits of the document?