You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Just now, cloggypop said:

If Dave would still let me rep you on the odd times you are funny I still would if that would help. Funny is funny. 

Help me with what? 

Here’s another way I think; I’ve been a member of this site for ages, it makes me laugh and I’ve met some good blokes. So I support it by paying for it.  I think that’s the right thing to do.  You’ve been a member for 8 yrs, posted over 15k times but don’t pay.  I know Dave says he doesn’t mind and it adds to the flavour of the site but I think you’re a freeloading cunt.  

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The several "the EU needs us more than we need them" QT audience members can go fuck themselves too.

And so can Isabel Oakeshott. She's one poisonous twat. Why hasn't anyone asked her about Russian money? 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-a-journalist-kept-russias-secret-links-to-brexit-under-wraps

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Think I'm just resigned to a No Deal now and wondering what the outcome of it will be.

Derby seem very keen on the idea. It's utter madness. Going by the Guardian tonight, a second referendum is pretty much dead. The Labour MP's who had a second referendum photo-op recently are apparently equalled in number by Labour MP's who would vote against a second referendum. Somebody should point RAWK/the FBPE crowd in the direction of that article, as they seem to be seriously deluded as to the numbers game involved re: a second referendum. In that there probably won't be the numbers to vote any such motion through. 

The issue of Brexit is such a complex one, with it meaning different things to different people. So much so that I don't think there's ever going to be a deal that pleases everyone. Or one that'll be accepted. 

It's looking like no deal more and more by the hour. It's a fucking travesty. I'm well lashing a tenner on the Euromillions tomorrow. Win it and I'm off to live in a little cabin by the mountains and fjords in Norway. This country is full of head the balls. 

QT was in Derby? Glad I don't watch as I'd probably be going on a murderous rampage this morning.

For a city that has heavy continental and international manufacturing links, the people here are fucking thick. The job losses would be eye-watering. These stupid fuckers don't seem to realise that Toyota makes a hell of a lot of left hand drive cars for starters. 

I have to put up with this shit day in and day out. It's difficult not to wear that giveaway facial expression of "you thick cunt" when I get accosted about the latest happenings. Fine, give them a no deal, let's see how long they last. I wouldn't put it at more than a few days.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Trumo said:

Right, because the UK's ruling classes have historically been known for their altruism towards the country's populace. Trickle-down economics is a fallacy designed to keep the proles in check.

They're linked. Heath was a massive EU junkie. Anyway one of the few plus parts of capitalism is you can be against more than one thing at the same time. We can multitask.

It may be worth remembering here on the I loves the EU thread that before Blair hijacked the party leaving the EU was part of the labour manifestos and even those to the right of the party such as David Owen campaigned on this policy.

Thatcher meanwhile (along with heath) were massively in favour of the EU. Thatcher only changed her rhetoric when in power because the EU provided an easy bogeyman target.

22 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It may be worth remembering here on the I loves the EU thread that before Blair hijacked the party leaving the EU was part of the labour manifestos and even those to the right of the party such as David Owen campaigned on this policy.

Thatcher meanwhile (along with heath) were massively in favour of the EU. Thatcher only changed her rhetoric when in power because the EU provided an easy bogeyman target.

Really? That's news to everyone here. This changes everything. 

You really should have mentioned something about it. 

31 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I can't find the manifestos before the Blair years. Can you link them please.

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

QT was in Derby? Glad I don't watch as I'd probably be going on a murderous rampage this morning.

For a city that has heavy continental and international manufacturing links, the people here are fucking thick. The job losses would be eye-watering. These stupid fuckers don't seem to realise that Toyota makes a hell of a lot of left hand drive cars for starters. 

I have to put up with this shit day in and day out. It's difficult not to wear that giveaway facial expression of "you thick cunt" when I get accosted about the latest happenings. Fine, give them a no deal, let's see how long they last. I wouldn't put it at more than a few days.

The point was made that 80% of Toyotas cars are for the European market. Then there’s Rolls Royce. 

9 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Labour really shouldn't have put Dianne Abbott up on the Question Time panel tonight. She's been fairly woeful. 

Dianne Abbott shouldn't be on the Labour front bench, because she's an imbecile. I'm glad I didn't watch QT. I think Abbott is one of the main reasons Labour will find it hard when we eventually get an election. 

14 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

@tradedealwatch: Hitachi has confirmed that it's pulling out of its power plant development in Wales - "and triggers questions about future of UK energy policy"

A $2.8bn write-off because of lack of investment. Investment has stalled in UK since the Brexit referendum.

https://www.ft.com/content/059b81fe-1a39-11e9-9e64-d150b3105d21

I can't help but think this is just an opportunist move by Hitachi to try and get more money out of the government at a time when the government doesn't need more bad press. This is just another impact of this absolute mess May and Cameron have brought down on us all.