You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

I absolutely detest what a lot of the EU is, with all of the lobbying and so on, but would be interested to see Corbyn in charge if we do end up staying in to whatever degree. He'd probably show a lot of those corporate bastards up for what they really are. If they could clear out the fucking lobbyists enough it could even be half functional.

I have no idea what is going to happen here as I know less about politics than I do about boxing but I imagine there is a chance now of a new referendum as this is dragging on a bit now.

1 minute ago, Kieve Kev said:

Corbyn instead of making May sit in the stench of her defeat until Monday gives her the chance to win the vote of no confidence and thereby giving the media chance to focus on that instead. She taunted him with it because she wanted him to bite and he did. 

Is Grieves' amendment still in place? If so waiting for her to come back in 3 days was the time to put a vote of confidence motion on the table.

2 minutes ago, Kieve Kev said:

Corbyn instead of making May sit in the stench of her defeat until Monday gives her the chance to win the vote of no confidence and thereby giving the media chance to focus on that instead. She taunted him with it because she wanted him to bite and he did. 

He didn’t bite, it would have been tactical. It’s either based on something that we don’t know or it’s fucking stupid. I fear the latter. 

4 minutes ago, Kieve Kev said:

If Corbyn didn’t call the vote of no confidence the SNP would have. 

He had no choice but to call it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Is Grieves' amendment still in place? If so waiting for her to come back in 3 days was the time to put a vote of confidence motion on the table.

I disagree. He was going to be slated if he didn’t call it, so calling it on the back of such a heavy defeat will at least show the DUP and Tories up for the hypocrites they are. On the back of a delay, in the run up to Christmas, with the vote still on the table, would have been pointless and to no effect.

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

If Corbyn didn’t call the vote of no confidence the SNP would have. 

He had had no choice but to call it. 

Fair enough, but it's a waste of time and gives the lying pricks a spin to come out with whenever they are questioned afterwards. 

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

He didn’t bite, it would have been tactical. It’s either based on something that we don’t know or it’s fucking stupid. I fear the latter. 

How is it stupid? 

If he didnt call it the SNP would have and people would have criticised him for not calling it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

So why criticise him? 

I didn't realise it could be called by others, he's a prick but I'm not jumping on him now I know. If it could have been delayed the whole news cycle is on her and her massive defeat. Now it will be about her wonderful victory. And they have already started the spin of him being an opportunist.

It's infuriating that a bunch of cunts such as the tories do not face a competent opposition. 

• Downvote 1