You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The topic of discussion is quite right wingy. So are some of the speakers.  I guess the "sharing a platform with" argument only applies to the lefties? 

Consistency, kids....

Look who’s back!  It’s been a while. 

Nice to see see you back in early morning glue though.  Well done. 

So, is he ‘ultra right wing?’ 

1 minute ago, rico1304 said:

Look who’s back!  It’s been a while. 

Nice to see see you back in early morning glue though.  Well done. 

So, is he ‘ultra right wing?’ 

I haven't been anywhere. You just haven't posted anything worthy of my time. 

He's shared a stage with a person who compared refugees to a zombie invasion overtaking Europe. That's language typical of far right speakers. 

I'm not sure if I'd class Andrew Neil as ultra right wing. I'm merely highlighting the inconsistent application of the "shared a stage with" test, Pops. I'm sure you'll avoid that issue in any further response though. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I haven't been anywhere. You just haven't posted anything worthy of my time. 

He's shared a stage with a person who compared refugees to a zombie invasion overtaking Europe. That's language typical of far right speakers. 

I'm not sure if I'd class Andrew Neil as ultra right wing. I'm merely highlighting the inconsistent application of the "shared a stage with" test, Pops. I'm sure you'll avoid that issue in any further response though. 

Oh no, he’s unleashed the ‘he’s older than me jibes’ how will I get through the day.  (The answer is ‘in luxury’ by the way)

he shared a stage stage with Douglas Murray? Is he the ultra right winger? 

8 hours ago, clangers said:

You really think so? This is a government which has shown complete contempt for parliament, if May had her way parliament would have had minimal consultative involvement. Bear in mind that if she wins the vote it's the end of her government thanks to the DUP and at the moment she doesn't really have to do anything further and we crash out in 11 weeks time. It's a non binding 'meaningful' vote. She can also run the clock down by repeatedly bringing her vote back. She now has to report back in 3 parliamentary days, that could include 'no deal', another vote or another round of diplomacy to run down the clock?

Her reputation is that she can be astonishingly stubborn, she decides on a policy position and sticks with it.

If I was betting on this, I think we'll crash out by accident now.

I don't disagree we could crash out accidentally if there is no majority for any plan B but on balance I would bet we don't leave the EU on March 31st. 

I don’t know if he’s ultra-right, and I don’t really care. At the very least he’s a hardcore neolib, which is the other side of that particular coin. Is involved with people on the far right, chairs a far right publication, etcetera etfuckingcetera

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

It's a shame that Rico knows fuck all about Orban. They'd probably get on.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/18/orban-claims-hungary-is-last-bastion-against-islamisation-of-europe

What makes you say that? Are you going to accuse me of being racist? 

Do you think the Islamist cause is a good one?  

• Upvote 1